Hibernian 2 - 0 Aberdeen

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

In seasons past, I’d have said this is the kind of game McInnes would shitehouse his way to a 1-0 win.

But I think we’ve gone past that stage with him now, & we’re on an interminable decline under him, & he isn’t capable of even shitehousing wins now.

1-0 Hibs & speculation is rife. 

Difference this time is he's used up his fall back credit this season.  So he's noising up the MSM about player sales (correctly - terrific business, no-one disputes that).  But is he mentioning Motherwell (bottom of the league), Ross County (bottom of the league), St Mirren (Bottom at the time think), Utd (Shite at the time, definitely)?  

21 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

He's been rank fucking rotten all season. His performance in the first half on Tuesday was worse than anything I ever saw from Langfield over a full 90 minutes.

And to be totally honest...he is a shite captain.

I agree about keeping his place for now without the burden of the captaincy. Now he isn't the only senior player who isn't performing to standard right now. But as a 'keeper, any mistakes you make will be highlighted exponentially as they are the very last line of defence. A midfielder fucking up can be bailed out by the defence. A defender fucking up can be bailed out by the 'keeper. In many situations, Lewis has no fall-back option. Some of the goals he has conceded this season I wouldn't expect a 12 year old loon to have let in.

I think you’re forgetting Joe’s performance in a 3-0 Quarter Final defeat to Motherwell at Fir Park about 3-4 years ago.

That gazumped Wednesday.

If I remember right he was at fault for at least 2 of the 3 goals? 

I’d stick with him for now, purely because we don’t have a good no2 keeper now that Cerny has retired.

Selling Joe & replacing him with Siegrist at Dundee Utd would be my medium-term option. 

Depends how the new manager sees it ?

• Dildo 1
3 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Difference this time is he's used up his fall back credit this season.  So he's noising up the MSM about player sales (correctly - terrific business, no-one disputes that).  But is he mentioning Motherwell (bottom of the league), Ross County (bottom of the league), St Mirren (Bottom at the time think), Utd (Shite at the time, definitely)?  

The very fact a senior journalist at the BBC is saying he’s under major threat is a massive change.

I don’t remember that before in his 8 years. 

12 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I think you’re forgetting Joe’s performance in a 3-0 Quarter Final defeat to Motherwell at Fir Park about 3-4 years ago.

That gazumped Wednesday.

I’d stick with him for now, purely because we don’t have a good no2 keeper now that Cerny has retired.

Selling Joe & replacing him with Siegrist at Dundee Utd would be my medium-term option. 

I wouldn't disagree with that. Siegrist is younger and more importantly...better

17 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Not convinced the captaincy has anything to do with it. He wasnt captain when he made those fuck ups against Motherwell in the League Cup and Scottish Cup a few seasons back. 

He has it in him. 

Completely agree.

Do you think when he’s going to catch a ball, come off his line etc, he’s thinking about being captain?!

Of course he isn’t. 

He’s just prone to calamitous mistakes. It just so happens this season they’ve occurred far more than they have in the past. 

14 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Lewis has been a great keeper for us. Had very few bad games until the past year. Usual OTT shite on here. 

Agreed. With how good he can be, if he played to his maximum at all times he wouldn't be at Aberdeen. 

One criticism is that his distribution is really poor. But generally, saved us more points/ties/ matches than any keeper I've seen.

Interesting debate on the captaincy.  Long held a theory that the armband is just used as a multiplier in justifying a higher salary in contract talks.  Think Jack.  Never a captain for us.  Dont have an issue if it keeps a better player with us when there's an obvious on field, outfield leader on the pitch anyway like Shinnie but it just creates a confidence vacuum when used the way it is just now.

Just can’t see us Winning tomorrow, best a draw would be some sort of result with our current dire form. Hope I’m wrong we need a win and then a run of form and goals. Unfortunately it’s not gonna happen the rot has set in with the players, they can bang on about being behind the manager but they are talking rubbish, they downed tools long ago and DC knows it but we don’t have a million to pay of DM, so if he really cares about Don’s as he parrots on, just walk away pot free, you will get another job with in week’s.

3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

That gazumped Wednesday.

No thanks

3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

That gazumped Wednesday.

Or bring in Siegrist as competition for Joe.

(Stryjek at Livingston might also be a shout.)