Steven Gunn- Football Operations Manager.

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye give him a job as Head of Football Administration or something like that and get him moved out of the footballing side of the business. 

And bring in a proper DoF and manager to work with the recruitment guy (who still isn't off the hook yet BTW) 

Agree with this if we are to go down the DoF road.  Gunn is not the answer in that role.

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye give him a job as Head of Football Administration or something like that and get him moved out of the footballing side of the business. 

And bring in a proper DoF and manager to work with the recruitment guy (who still isn't off the hook yet BTW) 

With chairman Cormack in absentia for 9 months of the year, isn’t it time we had a chief exec to run the show, with Wicks, MacIvor and the DoF all reporting to him?

I’ve been critical of his appointment into the role. Totally unsuited. Cormack should have seen this, but ultimately appointed a bag carrying yes man.

if he’s prepared to go back to the role that is in the title of this thread, and the financial package it brings, then fair dos, we should make it happen.

If he isn’t prepared to do that, he must go too.

No credible manager worth his salt will work under the current structure and personnel..

Don’t think we need a CEO and chairman if he has as much spare time as he does then.

His problem is he knows fuck all about the football side of running a club and has appointed Gunn who looks like he knows fuck all as well.

We’ll probably end up with another Glass type appointee this time round as well as that’s the only calibre of manager who will be willing to work under Gunn. 

The whole fucking thing is a disgrace , the manager was not backed and he gets the  sack ,so short sited,you can’t run a football club without the proper infrastructure in place ,The sacked coaches were nearly there and should have been backed in the  last transfer window ,it’s the ones above that should burden the blame

4 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

Don’t think we need a CEO and chairman if he has as much spare time as he does then.

His problem is he knows fuck all about the football side of running a club and has appointed Gunn who looks like he knows fuck all as well.

We’ll probably end up with another Glass type appointee this time round as well as that’s the only calibre of manager who will be willing to work under Gunn. 

Thing is, if you run an organisation you don't really have to know a thing about how it works, so long as you're employing people who DO know what they're doing. You don't want some guy micromanaging everything from the top to the bottom. 

Cormack, surprisingly for a multi, multi millionaire who clearly knows his business, decided to dispense with that truism and hire some guys who knew about as much as he did. That being sweet fuck all.

Hopefully he realises this mistake and hires a football manager next time around, rather than someone with an almost non-existent CV, and what's on that CV is sub-mediocre shite pointing to a guy who is in no way capable/ready to manage a football team. 

1 hour ago, BIG FAN said:

The whole fucking thing is a disgrace , the manager was not backed and he gets the  sack ,so short sited,you can’t run a football club without the proper infrastructure in place ,The sacked coaches were nearly there and should have been backed in the  last transfer window ,it’s the ones above that should burden the blame

For the love of fuck......

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, BIG FAN said:

Aright Stephen.

Yir a mong if you cant see that this situation was created by Cormack's negligence. This is his fault not Glass’.

DM being replaced by a rookie should never have happened and i can only assume no one on the board had any say or the balls to say it was an absurd idea. 

As Kelt has said, DC now needs to leave the fitba decisions to folk that know about the game. He has set us back and probably ruined Glass’ career, in this country anyway. 

Experiment time is over for the moment Dave. Sort it fucking out

5 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Yir a mong if you cant see that this situation was created by Cormack's negligence. This is his fault not Glass’.

DM being replaced by a rookie should never have happened and i can only assume no one on the board had any say or the balls to say it was an absurd idea. 

As Kelt has said, DC now needs to leave the fitba decisions to folk that know about the game. He has set us back and probably ruined Glass’ career, in this country anyway. 

Ruined Glass’s career in this country ?

If he couldn’t make a decent fist of the Aberdeen job (regardless of how much excuses folk keep giving him) then he was never going to have any decent managerial job in this country. His stats before us were fkn shite & they only got worse with us pretty much. He’s just not a good manager & it’s not cruel or harsh to say so. It’s just true. 

5 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Ruined Glass’s career in this country ?

If he couldn’t make a decent fist of the Aberdeen job (regardless of how much excuses folk keep giving him) then he was never going to have any decent managerial job in this country. His stats before us were fkn shite & they only got worse with us pretty much. He’s just not a good manager & it’s not cruel or harsh to say so. It’s just true. 

Obviously he's a shite manager.

My point is hes not a manager but was employed as one. Obviously he was going to make a cunt of it. Totally out if his depth.

I didnt think i had to state the obvious, but your post shows i do.

I’ll spell it out for you - he should never have been given the job because he wasnt capable of it. Cormack's fuck up. Inevitably he got sacked and now he’ll struggle to find work in this country. Its a simple point ive made to highlight how much of a fuck up Cormack’s made. 

For me, the blame for were we are at lies 100% with Cormack. Glass never helped but he should never have been in that job and thats DC’s fault.

3 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Obviously he's a shite manager.

My point is hes not a manager but was employed as one. Obviously he was going to make a cunt of it. Totally out if his depth.

I didnt think i had to state the obvious, but your post shows i do.

I’ll spell it out for you - he should never have been given the job because he wasnt capable of it. Cormack's fuck up. Inevitably he got sacked and now he’ll struggle to find work in this country. Its a simple point ive made to highlight how much of a fuck up Cormack’s made. 

For me, the blame for were we are at lies 100% with Cormack. Glass never helped but he should never have been in that job and thats DC’s fault.

Yeah but Glass basically ruined any chance of having a career in this country himself is my point. He took a job he wasn’t good enough for. That’s nobody else’s fault but his own. Cormack used him at the detriment of the club not Glass. Glass was given a good chance to make a career in Scotland but he blew that himself.

all the chat & sympathy for Glass is soft minded BS. He was shit & shouldn’t have gotten the job but nobody else made him worse than he is. He is what he is.

Glass wasn’t and has never been good enough a manager for us, we can blame Cormack all we want but he gave Glass a hefty budget for some players, plus the ones who we have are better than the performances. He just didn’t have a clue how to win games and grind out results. Apart from the odd half of football we haven’t strung any consistency together and that lies at the door of the manager. 

Gunn hasn’t helped himself by seemingly going along with theCormack decision but the vitriol aimed at him seems a bit much, he doesn’t pick the team and his role will be to negotiate the players contracts and oversee the playing operation. 

2 minutes ago, RUL said:

Sounds like gunn is on his last warning. 

How can you put someone on their last warning when the reason they screwed up is because they are in no way qualified? Hiding to nothing and bad management. They should hire a proper and respected DOF and Gunn can learn whilst doing his previous job.

On 2/13/2022 at 11:14 AM, Granite95 said:

Hopefully we replace him and get a proper DOF in who was actual experience in the role

Whilst not necessarily experienced in the role, perhaps his replacement is a regular poster on this very message board. 

Imagine going into contract negotiations with a potential new signing knowing the exact wage they were currently on and what wage they were looking for. Knowing what bonuses to offer. Not only this but knowing what wage his maw, his maws hairdresser and his maws hairdressers maw was on. What a position of strength that would be. 

Step forward ..

Guest findlay_1903
23 hours ago, Simply Red said:

Excellent post. 

8 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Whilst not necessarily experienced in the role, perhaps his replacement is a regular poster on this very message board. 

Imagine going into contract negotiations with a potential new signing knowing the exact wage they were currently on and what wage they were looking for. Knowing what bonuses to offer. Not only this but knowing what wage his maw, his maws hairdresser and his maws hairdressers maw was on. What a position of strength that would be. 

Step forward ..

@Ten Caat