Steven Gunn- Football Operations Manager.

41 minutes ago, Harry's Double Shuffle said:

Harsh on Glass on here. On a human level it's a hard heart that couldn't feel sorry for the guy on Sunday. Always came across as a decent person. Who says his career is over? Armchair experts on social media? Give us a fucking break. I for one hope he comes storming back someplace else.

I'm sure we all hope for great success in Glass' future. 

He just shouldn't be trying to learn how to Soccer Manager at Aberdeen at this point in his apprenticeship. 

Hopefully he can get a gig at some USL outfit, where the pressure to know what you're doing is far less, learn the role, and then... as you say... come storming back. 

The lad that was at Atlanta 2 with Glass then Collison has gone off to manage a usl outfit, can't remember his name off the top of my head. 

I think Glass might end up on Atlanta's books again, coaching youths or something like that. After that, who knows but I don't think he's a manager, might forge a coaching career like Cathro has done. 

4 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The lad that was at Atlanta 2 with Glass then Collison has gone off to manage a usl outfit, can't remember his name off the top of my head. 

I think Glass might end up on Atlanta's books again, coaching youths or something like that. After that, who knows but I don't think he's a manager, might forge a coaching career like Cathro has done. 

Whatever he does, good luck to him.

Never wanted him, but he seems like a decent bloke who was just in the wrong movie. 

On 2/13/2022 at 9:51 PM, Simply Red said:

Yir a mong if you cant see that this situation was created by Cormack's negligence. This is his fault not Glass’.

DM being replaced by a rookie should never have happened and i can only assume no one on the board had any say or the balls to say it was an absurd idea. 

As Kelt has said, DC now needs to leave the fitba decisions to folk that know about the game. He has set us back and probably ruined Glass’ career, in this country anyway. 

Experiment time is over for the moment Dave. Sort it fucking out

For the millionth time, how is putting an ex player in as manager an "experiment"?

It's not even an uncommon thing for Aberdeen, let alone other clubs in Europe, to stick an ex player in as manager! Willie Miller and Roy Aitken both come to mind within seconds, and neither had ANY management experience prior to coming in.

You've got Zidane at Real Madrid, Rooney at Derby, Inzaghi at Milan etc etc

It's not even like we took him straight from playing to manager like a lot of sides, he's got experience managing Atlanta A and B sides. 

An experiment would have been if we appointed a woman as manager, a completely unknown foreign manager nobodies ever heard of, or appointed that Octopus that predicted the football results at the world cup a while back.  It's definitely not an experiment to hire a guy who played for the club a while back that was working as a manager elsewhere. 

On 2/15/2022 at 5:48 PM, aberdeen1970 said:

That's a bit unfair. There was a lot of things wrong with Aberdeen during his spell, but he had us playing good football in spells and we dropped a LOT of points because of experienced, internationals making shocking mistakes that nobody can legislate against.  He did a few  things right at Aberdeen, but couldn't get the side to break down sides that sit deep. 

We outplayed Rangers and Celtic in numerous games and should have won a few of them had it not been for refereeing decisions going against us. Not saying he should still be manager at Aberdeen, but I think he's got potential to improve and become a competent manager elsewhere. Likely at a lower level than Aberdeen.

8 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

For the millionth time, how is putting an ex player in as manager an "experiment"?

It's not even an uncommon thing for Aberdeen, let alone other clubs in Europe, to stick an ex player in as manager! Willie Miller and Roy Aitken both come to mind within seconds, and neither had ANY management experience prior to coming in.

It's not even like we took him straight from playing to manager like a lot of sides, he's got experience managing Atlanta A and B sides. 

An experiment would have been if we appointed a woman as manager, a completely unknown foreign manager nobodies ever heard of, or appointed that Octopus that predicted the football results at the world cup a while back.  It's definitely not an experiment to hire a guy who played for the club a while back that was working as a manager elsewhere. 

Clubs normally appoint recently retired club captain big character types don’t they?

Glass is one of the strangest appointments ever.

19 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

That's a bit unfair. There was a lot of things wrong with Aberdeen during his spell, but he had us playing good football in spells and we dropped a LOT of points because of experienced, internationals making shocking mistakes that nobody can legislate against.  He did a few  things right at Aberdeen, but couldn't get the side to break down sides that sit deep. 

We outplayed Rangers and Celtic in numerous games and should have won a few of them had it not been for refereeing decisions going against us. Not saying he should still be manager at Aberdeen, but I think he's got potential to improve and become a competent manager elsewhere. Likely at a lower level than Aberdeen.

What level do think Aberdeen are at , if he had got Joe LEWIS  out the door we would have been at least 9 points better off 

31 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Of all the things being said about Glass on here over the last year you think suggesting he might not be cut out to be a manager is unfair?  You must have 90% of the forum on ignore.

Each to their own but I just dont see any leadership qualities there whatsoever. And he's 47 or something like that so if he's going to develop those skills he's got his work cut out

1 hour ago, StandFree1982 said:

Willie Miller, Roy Aitken, Zidane, Rooney

Leaders and winners. Big characters. Instant respect. 

Stephen Glass, a leftfield experiment that was doomed to failure from the start. 

I get what youre saying about performances, they werent all bad. Most of them were bad enough tho. 

I dont blame Glass i blame DC for making a stupid appointment. 

3 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Willie Miller, Roy Aitken, Zidane, Rooney

Leaders and winners. Big characters. Instant respect. 

Stephen Glass, a leftfield experiment that was doomed to failure from the start. 

I get what youre saying about performances, they werent all bad. Most of them were bad enough tho. 

I dont blame Glass i blame DC for making a stupid appointment. 

Pretty much nails it.  Close thread

• 4 months later...
21 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

What's everyones thoughts on taking on Leigh Griffiths as a free agent?

Only 31 and trying to ressurect his career.

I wouldn't take that train-wreck on as a toilet cleaner, far less as a player.

Says a lot that Falkirk released him, so clearly his top level days are past. At almost 32, if he really knuckled down and got himself really physically fit he'd maybe be useful in the Championship at a club like Partick but I don't think he's got the mental attitude to do so