Steven Gunn- Football Operations Manager.

15 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

How many of them punching someone from behind, waiting till someone's on the ground or going two on one. They really are scummy little fuckers.

What happens when it's one on one and face to face? That's right you cowered like a little fanny Scott Arfield

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’ve questioned Steven Gunn’s credentials for his role in the past, but I thought he came across well in the Graham Hunter interview to be fair to him.

Yeah he came across pretty knowledgeable and sensible... Hunter on the other hand has to be one of the most annoying interviewers I've ever witnessed.

Not sure there was anything very ground breaking - although I think he did say there were a couple of players we had been interested in who we changed our mind on after either meeting them in person or checking up on their character / personality. 

10 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’ve questioned Steven Gunn’s credentials for his role in the past, but I thought he came across well in the Graham Hunter interview to be fair to him.

It's like most things to do with Aberdeen. 

Most fans base their opinions on people associated with and goings on of the the club on nothing more than conjecture and and little fact.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

It's like most things to do with Aberdeen. 

Most fans base their opinions on people associated with and goings on of the the club on nothing more than conjecture and and little fact.

Folk basing it on the farcical shit show of last seasons recruitment.

Gunn effectively admitted it 

Mowbray coming in AFTER the window had shut was beyond belief. 

The club have rectified it, so fair play. 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Hoping it was worth the wait. Apparently the outstanding candidate! 

13 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Tbf he said that signings are highlighted 8-10 months before the summer

so Some of glass’ signings would have been identified in the McInnes tenure. Which is concerning 

37 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Tbf he said that signings are highlighted 8-10 months before the summer

so Some of glass’ signings would have been identified in the McInnes tenure. Which is concerning 

You get the impression Glass' signings followed no process other than they were players him and his coaches were "familiar" with. With a couple of punts taken on a few others to make up the numbers.

56 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Surely if that was the case, if Glass had anything about him at all, he’d have vetoed all those signings?

Which just reinforced how far out of his depth the former Newcastle winger was. 

1 minute ago, StevieT1986 said:

Good interview although he did avoid the question about  about last summer’s recruitment. And how much of a shit show it was

What else can he say? I watched the first 10 mins and I'm pretty sure he alluded to it not being good. 

No point in dwelling on it, was a bad season top to bottom. I've criticised the guy in the past but we look to have secured some decent players this window that'll certainly lead to a better league campaign. 

Liked Gundog in that,  definitely proving what a lot of folk on here said about him not being qualified, wrong

I'm sorry though as I don't know if it's deliberate on his part or not, but I find Hunter really tough to watch/listen to

The stuff he says is innocent enough, but it still annoys me for some reason

Even when he goes "for the dandies" everywhere,  he refers to us and the fans as "dandies "

Nothing wrong with it,  but still really annoys me

The thing is does with his face too- the big fake smile which he can instantly drop into a straight face

The bit where he tried to be funny about the new scout being called "graham"

Gunbomb completely ignored it, which in itself was quite funny 

49 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Liked Gundog in that,  definitely proving what a lot of folk on here said about him not being qualified, wrong

I'm sorry though as I don't know if it's deliberate on his part or not, but I find Hunter really tough to watch/listen to

Even when he goes "for the dandies" everywhere,  he refers to us and the fans as "dandies "

The thing is does with his face too- the big fake smile which he can instantly drop into a straight face

Agree with all of that. Really cringey at times from Hunter but Gunn came across really well. 

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Haha I liked that last bit about him ignoring the really shit joke. The kind that F n D would spout.

What makes him a really shit journalist is that this interview should be for the fans first and Gunn 2nd. The journalist should be anonymous. He makes everything about him.

Can't believe he's still allowed to do these as those in the club must know the opinion on him is that of a prick. Not heard one person say he's good.

1 hour ago, Daisy1903 said:

Haha I liked that last bit about him ignoring the really shit joke. The kind that F n D would spout.

What makes him a really shit journalist is that this interview should be for the fans first and Gunn 2nd. The journalist should be anonymous. He makes everything about him.

Can't believe he's still allowed to do these as those in the club must know the opinion on him is that of a prick. Not heard one person say he's good.

Obsessed. You just can’t help it ?

Some of the criticism of Graham Hunter seem unfair to me. I watch these interviews to learn more about Aberdeen and its inner workings. The guy is good at uncovering information I never previously knew. You might not like how he approaches the job, but he gets it done.

I don't know if there is anything more afc-chat than an interview with our DoF leading to a discussion of the journalistic chops of the person interviewing him

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

Some of the criticism of Graham Hunter seem a bit unfair to me. If you don't like his personality, that's fair enough and it's regrettable, but that doesn't mean he doesn't otherwise do a good job.

I watch these Hunter interviews to learn more about Aberdeen and its inner workings. The guy is good at uncovering information I never previously knew. You might not like how he approaches the job, but he gets the job done.

Don't get too upset Graham

5 hours ago, CCB III said:

What else can he say? I watched the first 10 mins and I'm pretty sure he alluded to it not being good. 

No point in dwelling on it, was a bad season top to bottom. I've criticised the guy in the past but we look to have secured some decent players this window that'll certainly lead to a better league campaign. 

As I said it was a good interview, but when asked about last summer he more or less ignored it which is not really the point of these supposed interviews.  

1 hour ago, redcryptoknight said:

Some of the criticism of Graham Hunter seem unfair to me. I watch these interviews to learn more about Aberdeen and its inner workings. The guy is good at uncovering information I never previously knew. You might not like how he approaches the job, but he gets it done.

I don't know if there is anything more afc-chat than an interview with our DoF leading to a discussion of the journalistic chops of the person interviewing him

Probably because there wasn't that much that came out that was either not known or interesting. 

There was one area for me that should've been probed. Gunn said they've had this current recruitment strategy in place for about 4 years. Meaning looking all over the shop for emerging talent, getting a couple of good years out them and selling them for profit. You can see that's the strategy this summer but if it was in place last year how come we bought no one with resale value?