Cormack Q&A

Regardless of what some of the deluded, happy clappers say on the Pie & Bovril site, particularly with their disparaging comments about this chat forum, DC's Q & A about turn now confirms that we have a shit show on and off the pitch.

DC is going to have to pull out some sales pitch regarding season ticket renewals and AberDNA funding come the early summer, especially if he thinks that the vocal folk are in the minority.

12 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

I see a whats app of an email someone sent to club, 

Nae happy with  colgate  Cormack 

spacer.png

9 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

You think Hibs would stand a viable chance of getting through the final Europa qualifying round? Bearing in mind the best we have done is the 3rd round,

Have to bear in mind that we had a gutless cunt at the helm for each of those failures.

Huns despite finishing behind us in the league 2 months earlier, cruised through to the group stages and beyond.

Given that their 1st season they failed to make Progres. Have made up for that since.

9 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

You think Hibs would stand a viable chance of getting through the final Europa qualifying round? Bearing in mind the best we have done is the 3rd round,

It's only worth that amount if they were to get through into the Europa group stages and have crowds in.

Get beat and it's the Conference groups. Money is shite in comparison.....you could make a smallish profit on the prize money after forking out for 3 charter flights and associated costs for away games....but lose all 6 matches without crowds and you are on to a loser. If you have crowds in at normal levels then you could make a decent amount....probably north of a million, £2million if you can win a few games

Conference league will be similar standard of teams to EL just different tournament. Likes of Everton, Lazio, Dortmund as it stands would be in it. Might be a pain in the arse for those clubs but for likes of us and Hibs very much something that would bring in some decent money. 

Hopefully Cormack was bombarded with questions about McInnes, tactics, (lack of) goals etc and he’s now seeing the overall feeling towards the management team, rather than assuming it’s just a vocal minority which it definitely is not anymore.

This cancellation is just the latest shit show in a season of shit shows though. This summer is going to be interesting. Cormack is really needing to pull a rabbit out the hat to get some fans back on side and make progress towards the ‘top 100’ club and 15k season ticket holders that he’s made clear is our plan. 

5 hours ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

The Chairman has looked at questions and bottled it thats the bottom

Talk of 15 ,0000  season tickets is simply a dream with our current manager and squad.

Its great being ambitious but thats unrealistic 

Better players and a better and stronger management would help

Stop looking at the fans to bale the club out, find some investors 

You and your inventors need to take the lead on this one

20 million might help, dig deep Dave

For all the criticism Cormack is rightly getting at the moment, you can’t be complaining at him and his investors not putting money into the club since he arrived surely?

He / they have already invested more money than Milne ever did.

Guest milne_afc

He needs to stfu now. 
Looks to me like McInnes has totally outflanked him in this saga. Cormack won’t have much of a reputation within the managerial fraternity, it’ll be interesting to see who’d want to work for him.

1 minute ago, milne_afc said:

He needs to stfu now. 
Looks to me like McInnes has totally outflanked him in this saga. Cormack won’t have much of a reputation within the managerial fraternity, it’ll be interesting to see who’d want to work for him.

I was thinking maybe he's acting the cunt, to deflect some criticism form the team/manager.... not sure he's that sort of a selfless individual though! 

I'm in two minds about the postponed Q&A.

On the one hand he's trying to protect the manager and players as they still have games to play between now and the end of the season. Viterol questions regarding their futures isn't going to help improve performances. I get that he's wanting to calm things down. 

On the other hand, if the fans were in the stadium they would be hearing a lot more anger and abuse than they are currently, and the Q&A session wouldn't even be required as we wouldn't be in this situation (covid wise).  

As McInnes is very likely going to be here till the summer, i don't think it's really going to help anyone if half the Q&A is about his future, why he wasn't sacked and who we're going to get in. The most important thing right now is Aberdeen FC, not Derek McInnes, things need to improve and i was hoping a result against St Mirren was going to help that, but that was another blip in a blighted season.

What he maybe should have done is said that the Q&A is in reference to the clubs finances etc, and not regarding McInnes. 

46 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

I'm in two minds about the postponed Q&A.

On the one hand he's trying to protect the manager and players as they still have games to play between now and the end of the season. Viterol questions regarding their futures isn't going to help improve performances. I get that he's wanting to calm things down. 

On the other hand, if the fans were in the stadium they would be hearing a lot more anger and abuse than they are currently, and the Q&A session wouldn't even be required as we wouldn't be in this situation (covid wise).  

As McInnes is very likely going to be here till the summer, i don't think it's really going to help anyone if half the Q&A is about his future, why he wasn't sacked and who we're going to get in. The most important thing right now is Aberdeen FC, not Derek McInnes, things need to improve and i was hoping a result against St Mirren was going to help that, but that was another blip in a blighted season.

What he maybe should have done is said that the Q&A is in reference to the clubs finances etc, and not regarding McInnes. 

There was a simple solution.

Address the McInnes questions by saying we fully appreciate fans concerns at performances/results, we share those concerns, but as advertised previously, this Q&A is to discuss the finances of the club during this pandemic. 

Then move on to financial related questions.

They then avoid the criticism of cancelling the Q&A and rightly point to the fact it was to discuss finances. 

2 hours ago, Dynamo said:

Conference league will be similar standard of teams to EL just different tournament. Likes of Everton, Lazio, Dortmund as it stands would be in it. Might be a pain in the arse for those clubs but for likes of us and Hibs very much something that would bring in some decent money. 

If we drew any of those teams and we were allowed to fill the ground then yes we probably would get close to selling out. But would we get much more than the standard 11-13k for games maybe against teams from Albania or Finland or the likes, given that if we finish 4th we enter it in the second qualifying round? The formula for teams entering is complicated as hell but from the 3rd round onwards it looks like the type of teams we have been beaten by in the last few years start coming onboard and the final qualifying round is where the teams from the really top leagues enter. To expect to get to the group stage this way would be a bit of a stretch. 

And if we don't have crowds in...the prize money is way down on EL standards, I'm certain we would be doing well to break even without at least reaching the play-off round.

Hibs should make some money out of their European games next season, crowds or not. I'm not certain we will

16 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

If we drew any of those teams and we were allowed to fill the ground then yes we probably would get close to selling out. But would we get much more than the standard 11-13k for games maybe against teams from Albania or Finland or the likes, given that if we finish 4th we enter it in the second qualifying round? The formula for teams entering is complicated as hell but from the 3rd round onwards it looks like the type of teams we have been beaten by in the last few years start coming onboard and the final qualifying round is where the teams from the really top leagues enter. To expect to get to the group stage this way would be a bit of a stretch. 

And if we don't have crowds in...the prize money is way down on EL standards, I'm certain we would be doing well to break even without at least reaching the play-off round.

Hibs should make some money out of their European games next season, crowds or not. I'm not certain we will

Weve been getting an average of 15k for some of the dross weve drawn in the early rounds TBF.Agree with your other points though

• Upvote 1

What a mess

DC is a shambles... thought process presumably went like this...

"We'll have a Q&A just before the Celtic game - show the fans there's a steady hand at the tiller"

"Oops questions look tricky - this football game isn't even played with the right shaped ball - not sure I like the look of this - I'll show them who's boss - I'm accountable to no one - certainly not the supporters - the Q&A is off! - who's stupid idea was it anyway - just before the Celtic game - our players might get distracted just like they seem to be when that round thing gets near them"

"Who said I'd chicken out - I'm no chicken - look at my teeth - the Q&A is back on but I'm not telling you when so no one will be distracted -  phew thought I'd dropped the ball on that one (that would be a fumble - see I know my football) . COYR."

"Is that okay Derek?"

Cormack really wants to make his mark as Chairman and is clearly passionate about the club.

performances have been poor but the rug has clearly been pulled from under McInnes’s feet regarding recruitment in January. He’s said multiple times that he was left scrambling on deadline day.

Whilst being amidst the worst situation the world has seen since 1945, I would say they’re doing their best in a shit situation. At the end of the day, the whole reason we’re not competing is down to cash and nothing else. Perhaps Jesus or Harry Potter are available to perform the miracles that some seem to want on this board.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Dildo 9