Cormack Q&A

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye I heard that - he made a cunt of that.

He’s a Raith Rovers fan who likes to be negative about the Dons, his commentaries or reports on the Dons were always 100% negative 

To be fair we've been shite for at least 25 of the 30 years he's watched us. 

As an astute businessman, surely Cormack knew this shitting of the bed would be a PR disaster of colossal proportions? What the hell was he thinking? Unless there is some grand master plan I don't know about, this could potentially cause permanent damage to his legacy. The only positive is that his reign can't be any worse than the corrupt sparky turned Wig Wam Bam.

26 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

As an astute businessman, surely Cormack knew this shitting of the bed would be a PR disaster of colossal proportions? What the hell was he thinking? Unless there is some grand master plan I don't know about, this could potentially cause permanent damage to his legacy. The only positive is that his reign can't be any worse than the corrupt sparky turned Wig Wam Bam.

Are his business skills transferable to football? In business you rarely have folk who are as obsessed as your average football fan, questioning every step you take. 

Grin and bear what though?  A team playing to its potential getting as high as it possibly can both home and abroad, preferably with a plan to long term growth?  Or a formulaic pre-conditioned team with glaring and repeated shortcomings that are continually exploited to our detriment but that someone has decided “will do” within a structure that from our perspective, is self defeating.

im quite happy to grin and bear and continue to fund the former.

26 minutes ago, Zeus said:

The rage I get building up every time I hear that "be careful what you wish for" comment 

?

You'd think that we've had a manager who has taken us above and beyond anything we've ever had before. 

The cunts won 1 trophy in 8 years when there was only 1 side to beat.  He's done the bare minimum in Europe and looking like 3 4th place finishes in a row.  

I'm sure we can easily replace him with someone who can also finish below our targets 3 seasons running, and roll over to Celtic. 

11 hours ago, Jocky Balboa said:

I don't think this is colossal. It was a Q and A announced on a whim, and cancelled on a whim. 

He knows the fans are raging right now, and that no good could come of it, he could've went ahead with the Q and A, it would then been endlessly quoted by the press and used against him, causing fans to question him. Or, he could do what he did, cause an outrage in the support, ruin his credibility, and leave fans even angrier. 

He put himself in a ridiculous situation, which is the most farcical thing about it. I don't think we'll be looking back at this Q and A malarkey as a watershed moment of change for the club, rather, the moment Cormack realised he'll have to communicate everything to the fans via official club channels, or it could end in tears. 

Someone on another thread has suggested that the wage bill has gone up, not down, from the last set of financial accounts.

If true that on top of many folk experiencing financial hardship and the increasingly crep football we are having to suffer will ebsolutely ensure a piss poor season ticket take up, no matter what spin DC attempts to put on things.

COMPLETE AND UTTER SHAMBLES ON ALL FRONTS AT PRESENT.

11 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Someone on another thread has suggested that the wage bill has gone up, not down, from the last set of financial accounts.

If true that on top of many folk experiencing financial hardship and the increasingly crep football we are having to suffer will ebsolutely ensure a piss poor season ticket take up, no matter what spin DC attempts to put on things.

COMPLETE AND UTTER SHAMBLES ON ALL FRONTS AT PRESENT.

This is what some were trying to tell folk in here when the board were getting criticised for not backing McInnes in the January window.  The board have backed McInnes heavily since Cormack took over. He can have no complaints. 

The wage bill has gone through the roof in the last couple of years whilst the football has deteriorated. 

And we still have a squad full of full back sized holes. 

We're paying significantly more for less than we were getting before. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

This is what some were trying to tell folk in here when the board were getting criticised for not backing McInnes in the January window.  The board have backed McInnes heavily since Cormack took over. He can have no complaints. 

The wage bill has gone through the roof in the last couple of years whilst the football has deteriorated. 

And we still have a squad full of full back sized holes. 

We're paying significantly more for less than we were getting before. 

Good chance to ditch some high earners in the summer.

Logan, McGinn, Devlin are all out of contract for starters?

There are a total of 13 (including the loanees) who are out of contract.

At most I’d reckon 2 will possibly be offered contracts and even that is doubtful if a new man is in place. 

Shambolic state McInnes is leaving us in (assuming he is leaving). 

I was looking forward to this but I also think the strangest thing about this q and a was the timing. Why have it the day before a Celtic game. Tomorrow’s papers would be full of negative headlines from it. 
They must of got a lot more negative questions than they were expecting, maybe they thought answer a couple, ignore a few, move on. If more negative questions came in than positive there would be no way to fo that and try and put a good spin on things. So thinking cancelling would be easier option 

2 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

You'd think that we've had a manager who has taken us above and beyond anything we've ever had before. 

The cunts won 1 trophy in 8 years when there was only 1 side to beat.  He's done the bare minimum in Europe and looking like 3 4th place finishes in a row.  

I'm sure we can easily replace him with someone who can also finish below our targets 3 seasons running, and roll over to Celtic. 

This year isn't looking like a 4th placed finish.

Agree with the rest though.