Cormack Q&A

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Of course there will be vetting. 
As for the inevitable questions about McInnes, he’ll just repeat what he said in the statement on Tuesday night... 54% over 400 games blah blah blah...

aye, but Dave, it’ll be sub 40 in the last 100. 

I reserve the right to be cynical about it until proven otherwise. 

That statement on Tuesday really pissed me right off. 

Aye I know, they'll touch on a few things but with pre written answers so they can tick the box that they've spoken on all the topics.

For me the statement is just elaying the inevitable. Either this summer or earlier McInnes will be gone imo

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

Thanks for the reminder. Away to look out the recipe of champions

Sugar with a dash of lemon juice for me. Rates ahead of christmas day in my book, the pressure of flipping the pancake right, is it undercooked, is it burnt, starry eyed kids waiting for the result, sweat dripping off the forehead as the pressure mounts. That feeling of relief when you see it's perfect, must be like winning the Champions league.

Yeah nae bother Cormack, give up that to watch you, he knows!!

Is Chris Gavin still at the club, or was that role done away with?

Just have him formulate some softball questions on behalf of the fans. 

These things tend to be public relations bullshit rather than any serious or substantive attempts to clear be transparent. 

Prove me wrong. 

40 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Is Chris Gavin still at the club, or was that role done away with?

Just have him formulate some softball questions on behalf of the fans. 

These things tend to be public relations bullshit rather than any serious or substantive attempts to clear be transparent. 

Prove me wrong. 

He got moved on to heritage project 

Sent in my question but won't get answered as it concerns Mcinnes and the horrible football he plays as opposed to what was promised in his new football philosophy . I will be surprised if there are any anti Mcinnes questions it will all be pro McInnes questions, Covid crap and shite about new stadiums Etc. Hopefully I am proved wrong but I doubt it

1 minute ago, Sheepo said:

Sent in my question but won't get answered as it concerns Mcinnes and the horrible football he plays as opposed to what was promised in his new football philosophy . I will be surprised if there are any anti Mcinnes questions it will all be pro McInnes questions, Covid crap and shite about new stadiums Etc. Hopefully I am proved wrong but I doubt it

If it IS an edited, pro McInnes “54% in 400 games” load of waffle, that’ll piss fans off even more.

They'll probably say the event was supposed to be about the finances and not the manager. 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If it IS an edited, pro McInnes “54% in 400 games” load of waffle, that’ll piss fans off even more.

They'll probably say the event was supposed to be about the finances and not the manager. 

Unless we get beat on Saturday and the trigger is pulled on Mcinnes, I think they will steer clear of any criticism of Mcinnes

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye, most likely, especially as it was “advertised” as being about the finances, COVID etc.

If McInnes gets mentioned at all, it’ll be a glib & brief “he has our support, as we said last week”. 

That's exactly how it was advertised though

'Dave will give the fans a financial update in 2 weeks time'

Lot of things to knock people for at the club but we know exactly what this update was going to be about.  

12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

That's exactly how it was advertised though

'Dave will give the fans a financial update in 2 weeks time'

Lot of things to knock people for at the club but we know exactly what this update was going to be about.  

Aye true, and to be honest it’s far more important an issue to the club long-term, but human nature means results, performances & the manager makes more headlines.

The McInnes issue will have to wait until the summer (unless of course we lose the next 3 or 4 games). 
We have two almost inevitable defeats at Parkhead but the two home games against St Mirren & Kilmarnock are must win. 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye true, and to be honest it’s far more important an issue to the club long-term, but human nature means results, performances & the manager makes more headlines.

The McInnes issue will have to wait until the summer (unless of course we lose the next 3 or 4 games). 
We have two almost inevitable defeats at Parkhead but the two home games against St Mirren & Kilmarnock are must win. 

He's here to the summer now  I reckon regardless of results between now and then. Not many managers would fancy coming in with what's left of this squad and trying to get 3rd with what would likely be slightly more than a handful of games left by the time he was sacked. 

They'd rather come in summertime with a fresh start.

3 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Hi Dave,  thanks for taking the time to answer my question.., so What would you do if you were out walking your dog and it found an 8 inch dildo?

"Thanks for the question, Mr-hanz... Is it one of those dildos that have the suction cup on the end that would allow one to, for example, stick it on someone's bonnet?"

• Dildo 1

"Thanks for the clarification, Mr-hanz. First I'd try to locate the manufacturer and, if successful, point out that an 8" dildo is way too small to be an effective double ender. Even if the two birds were scissored right up against each other, fanny to fanny, each bird is only going to experience 4 inches of penetration.  I'd further recommend that they make their double ended dildos a minimum of 16" tip to tip." 

• Dildo 1
20 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He's here to the summer now  I reckon regardless of results between now and then. Not many managers would fancy coming in with what's left of this squad and trying to get 3rd with what would likely be slightly more than a handful of games left by the time he was sacked. 

They'd rather come in summertime with a fresh start.

I think by the point McInnes potentially gets dunted. 3rd place will effectively be gone anyway,

4th place however might very well still be up for grabs but I'm sure the board would accept that the main job of a new incumbent is to assess the squad and plan for next season. We have been told in the past that we don't plan for European football in our projected budgets so I'm sure he would be told that whilst 4th place would be good, there is no expectation of having to achieve it. FWIW i think it will be achieved with either DM or a new boss insitu but might not be confirmed until the very last match of the season

13 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye, most likely, especially as it was “advertised” as being about the finances, COVID etc.

If McInnes gets mentioned at all, it’ll be a glib & brief “he has our support, as we said last week”. 

Well he’s given his support to McInnes so them questions are all answered. Pretty obvious.

59 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Presumably Hernandez will be sold in advance of this aye.

£6.2M brought in this season in transfer fees- absolutely fucking mental for AFC.

We should aspire to be a selling club.

What a different even 50% of that every second season could make for our football budget.

The club should look to adopt that as a long term strategy. Bring in good players for relatively cheap and  sell on when the time is right (see Cosgrove/McKenna as example; and Ferguson and McCrorie potentailly in the future). 

More emphasis needs to be put on youth development to encourage more players to want to come to AFC 

1 hour ago, Granite95 said:

The club should look to adopt that as a long term strategy. Bring in good players for relatively cheap and  sell on when the time is right (see Cosgrove/McKenna as example; and Ferguson and McCrorie potentailly in the future). 

More emphasis needs to be put on youth development to encourage more players to want to come to AFC 

100% this. We must start selling. We must stop allowing players to run down their contract.

We need to put money ahead of short term success because long term it helps grow the budgets etc which should give us a leg up

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

100% this. We must start selling. We must stop allowing players to run down their contract.

Agreed 

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

We need to put money ahead of short term success because long term it helps grow the budgets etc which should give us a leg up

It'll still be a balancing act, though.

We can attract players with the hope/promise of challenging for trophies and playing in Europe, but we're still going to need a team that can consistently do that.

There's no doubt that we'd be in better shape with having McKenna, Cosgrove and Wright at the top of their game, but the money from their sale is vital, too.

11 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I think that'll stop now we have a business man at the helm instead of a teuchter joiner. 

He did give a bumper long deal to his bum chum McInnes tho. Well played ya neeper cunt!

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

I said the same.

I suggested we should try & extend Ryan Hedges contract in the summer (when he’ll only have 12 months left) and if he doesn’t sign it, we look to sell him, and I got shouted down for it. 

We can’t afford to let our better players go out of contract. 

24 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I said the same.

I suggested we should try & extend Ryan Hedges contract in the summer (when he’ll only have 12 months left) and if he doesn’t sign it, we look to sell him, and I got shouted down for it. 

We can’t afford to let our better players go out of contract. 

Sell him anyway.  Mates with a hun and wears a hair band are good enough reasons for me to get shot of the clown