Cormack Q&A

5 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Poor to commit to something and then call it off. 

Aside from the Mcinnes stuff would have been good to hear a financial update and plans for selling STs if there's no guarantee fans will be allowed in. 

Yes he could have selected one question about mcinnes and just rehashed his previous statement. Then focused on all the other questions;

insurance claim

financial outlook this season after transfer fees received

outlook for next season

PPV model being dogshit (in terms of making money)

fan engagement blarb - tent and the face painting

Atlanta link up

Covid outlook 

First chatter on how the season ticket renewals is going to go down (refunds? discounts? virtual vs attending?)

Success of junior dna

1 hour ago, Poodler said:

The dig at the champions elect to try and gloss over the catastrophe that is happening at the club 

Exactly. 

1. I doubt the Huns will give a shit once they win the league

2. Well dave got some explaining to do. If it's so bad, then why is a club that was liquidated winning the league and we're not. 

3. If anything the Huns have proved that avoiding administration and/or liquidation means fuck all in the grand scheme of things. 

Its obvious that everyone involved in the club know that the board has no confience in the mangement team, but dont have to money to pay them off.

Throw in the whole Hernandez saga, and the wee matter of a global pandemic and it basically boils down to an absolute shit show.

This Q&A thing is the icing on the cake - just seems so ill-informed!

We are limping on until the end of the season, just going through to motions, probably ending in 5th position.

As mentioned several times, i just cant wait for this season to end. I havent felt this much "AFC cant give a shit-ness" for a good while.

• Upvote 3
10 minutes ago, super_al said:

Looks like we know why Hibs are able to strengthen as they made cut backs early on whilst we didn't. 

Hibs did make cut backs and got slagged to bits by doing so - especially by posters on the Hat.

Short term fix indeed but what are the potential longer term implications for them as well?

23 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Hibs did make cut backs and got slagged to bits by doing so - especially by posters on the Hat.

Short term fix indeed but what are the potential longer term implications for them as well?

I can't really see what the downside for Hibs is? They will more than likely finish 3rd, generate an extra 4 million from European football and be in a stronger financial position than us. 

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Thats whats the Dons have valued the Europa League PO spot as

I would value it at £5m to £10m if allowed normal crowds next season

You think Hibs would stand a viable chance of getting through the final Europa qualifying round? Bearing in mind the best we have done is the 3rd round,

It's only worth that amount if they were to get through into the Europa group stages and have crowds in.

Get beat and it's the Conference groups. Money is shite in comparison.....you could make a smallish profit on the prize money after forking out for 3 charter flights and associated costs for away games....but lose all 6 matches without crowds and you are on to a loser. If you have crowds in at normal levels then you could make a decent amount....probably north of a million, £2million if you can win a few games

10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

He should have done the Q&A as promised, said it was an update as promised on the financial aspect and having given a statement last week about McInnes there would be no questions on him answered. The plans on finances are important.

Plus his financial statement they have released has no context whatsoever. So now we are none the wiser as to what is going on. 

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

He should have done the Q&A as promised, said it was an update as promised on the financial aspect and having given a statement last week about McInnes there would be no questions on him answered. The plans on finances are important.

Exactly. Show some steel, acknowledge there were many questions about the on-field performance but reiterate in the strongest terms the previous statement citing the necessity to focus on the remaining games and have a review later. Then move on to the financials and maybe even an outline of some off-field positive initiatives aimed at helping raise funds without full crowds for the foreseeable...

The Chairman has looked at questions and bottled it thats the bottom

Talk of 15 ,0000  season tickets is simply a dream with our current manager and squad.

Its great being ambitious but thats unrealistic 

Better players and a better and stronger management would help

Stop looking at the fans to bale the club out, find some investors 

You and your inventors need to take the lead on this one

20 million might help, dig deep Dave

8 hours ago, super_al said:

I am shaking my head with this action. We would all love an update regarding the financial situation. 14 million running costs......looks like we know why Hibs are able to strengthen as they made cut backs early on whilst we didn't. 

This is poor from the club, very poor. 

I wasn't sure if I had read it correctly but it said the wages was 90% of £14.1m.

That would make the wage bill £12.5m compared to around £9m on the last accounts. That's a huge rise if correct.

That is a hugely embarrassing statement from Cormack.

He's definitely beginning to worry me now!  The hernandez stuff, the american venture capitalists getting involved...  why does he keep talking about financial oblivion?  I realise that all football clubs are being hit hard by COVID, by we were in great financial shape when he took over... surely we are as well placed as anyone to deal with what's coming?

7 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

You think Hibs would stand a viable chance of getting through the final Europa qualifying round? Bearing in mind the best we have done is the 3rd round,

It's only worth that amount if they were to get through into the Europa group stages and have crowds in.

Get beat and it's the Conference groups. Money is shite in comparison.....you could make a smallish profit on the prize money after forking out for 3 charter flights and associated costs for away games....but lose all 6 matches without crowds and you are on to a loser. If you have crowds in at normal levels then you could make a decent amount....probably north of a million, £2million if you can win a few games

Ok pedants corner. Value the spot at £1M to £10M then

I think the Scottish club, most likely Hibs, has a chance of winning the tie. it'll be a very different mentality to facing the 3-4 ties on consecutive thursdays for 6-8 weeks

EUROPA

• Play-off round: €300,000
  • Qualified to Group Stage: €2,920,000
  • Match won in Group Stage: €570,000
  • Match drawn in Group Stage: €190,000
  • 1st in Group Stage: €1,000,000
  • 2nd in Group Stage: €500,000
  • Round of 32: €500,000

ECL monies not confirmed yet

We'd make £300k to £500k per home game in normal times from tickets/hospitality

Obviously ive said on other threads i dont believe any non season ticket holder will be at any home or away game until spring/summer 2022 so maybe the bottom end does need revised down but i wouldnt put it as low as £1M

1 hour ago, shut up meg said:

I wasn't sure if I had read it correctly but it said the wages was 90% of £14.1m.

That would make the wage bill £12.5m compared to around £9m on the last accounts. That's a huge rise if correct.

Plus the players and manager were meant to have taken a pay cut of 30%, after wage deferral initially. That would bring wage bill down surely? 

3 minutes ago, RUL said:

Plus the players and manager were meant to have taken a pay cut of 30%, after wage deferral initially. That would bring wage bill down surely? 

It was wage deferrals not wage cuts.

It would still be on the books but I'm not an accountant so I'm unsure if it would be in this years accounts or carried on to next years accounts.

2 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

It was wage deferrals not wage cuts.

It would still be on the books but I'm not an accountant so I'm unsure if it would be in this years accounts or carried on to next years accounts.

It was wage deferrals initially but since then there has been wage cuts. Club have also been making heavy use of furlough scheme.