Cormack Q&A

1 minute ago, torry_battery_ram said:

If a Wolves or Southampton are England's representatives then I can see them taking it more seriously than Chelsea or Arsenal would 

When the intertoto was on the go even the likes of Wimbledon played youths and trialists. 

If you want English clubs to take it seriously you have to offer decent prize money. 

They don't even take their domestic League Cup seriously and that's got a bigger prize pot than this does. 

The fans might take it seriously for a while but the clubs wont 

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Come on, that's a stretch. 

Still some cracking names/away days in there, if we're allowed to go. 

Thursday night fitba, magic. Can't see any downside for a club like us, our fan base definitely has an appetite for European football. 

The fans might take it seriously but the bigger clubs won't.  They prioritise based on money not glory. 

3 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Come on, that's a stretch. 

Still some cracking names/away days in there, if we're allowed to go. 

Thursday night fitba, magic. Can't see any downside for a club like us, our fan base definitely has an appetite for European football. 

Would you accept a 6th or 7th place league finish to compete in the Euro Conference? 

Many clubs who have to play euro footie without having a big budget suffer poor domestic form by spreading themselves too thin. 

I'm going to stop because I sound really negative. I'd definitely go to the games and enjoy them. But it is what it is. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The fans might take it seriously but the bigger clubs won't.  They prioritise based on money not glory. 

What is the prize money like? Surely it's not anything AFC could scoff at? 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Would you accept a 6th or 7th place league finish to compete in the Euro Conference? 

Many clubs who have to play euro footie without having a big budget suffer poor domestic form by spreading themselves too thin. 

I'm going to stop because I sound really negative. I'd definitely go to the games and enjoy them. But it is what it is. 

You sound like a miserable al cunt!

9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

When the intertoto was on the go even the likes of Wimbledon played youths and trialists. 

If you want English clubs to take it seriously you have to offer decent prize money. 

They don't even take their domestic League Cup seriously and that's got a bigger prize pot than this does. 

The fans might take it seriously for a while but the clubs wont 

The intertoto cup was seen as a backdoor into Europe that nobody really wanted to compete in.  I feel like this might be different. 

2 hours ago, daytripping said:

That was EL, no way you'll get those numbers for a losers cup.

Who cares, Europe's Europe. We're not winning the EL or this new one. It's still European football and the chance of a jolly. 

It's the same sort of teams, garbage in the first two rounds then the proper leagues. 

29 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Neither will have started the season expecting to be 4th so that is a ridiculous comment. Both are doing better than you would expect in this covid times. We aren't 

This is true.

However (and this is not commenting directly on whether we are underachieving, obviously currently on form we are) every season 1 or 2 teams will always be able to do "better than expected" and a couple (at least) will fall massively under what is expected.

I think that yes what is happening right now is more important than what Mcinnes has achieved consistency wise in the past, however you could have picked Kilmarnock / Motherwell or whoever in previous seasons as "massively overachieving) before both went back to underachieving on general targets straight away. A flash in the pan team doing it over a few months period is also not anything special to aim for. If any of these teams like Livi continue the overachievement over 12-18 months at least then maybe you can say that.

For example St Johnstone in 8th are 9 points off Livi , if Livingston now enter a losing run (which recent seasons will tell you they often do) and drop 2-3 places by the end of the season this flash in the pan start for Martindale will stand for fuck all.

53 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I understand where we are in the pecking order. 

My point is that no one will be interested in this competition unless the prize money goes up considerably. 

Can't speak for others but personally couldn't give a fuck about prize money.  Certainly nae thinking about that when I'm rolling around some Eastern European hot spot in July

• Upvote 2
24 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

This is true.

However (and this is not commenting directly on whether we are underachieving, obviously currently on form we are) every season 1 or 2 teams will always be able to do "better than expected" and a couple (at least) will fall massively under what is expected.

I think that yes what is happening right now is more important than what Mcinnes has achieved consistency wise in the past, however you could have picked Kilmarnock / Motherwell or whoever in previous seasons as "massively overachieving) before both went back to underachieving on general targets straight away. A flash in the pan team doing it over a few months period is also not anything special to aim for. If any of these teams like Livi continue the overachievement over 12-18 months at least then maybe you can say that.

For example St Johnstone in 8th are 9 points off Livi , if Livingston now enter a losing run (which recent seasons will tell you they often do) and drop 2-3 places by the end of the season this flash in the pan start for Martindale will stand for fuck all.

Nobody expects us to be constantly hitting our targets, but it could be 3 seasons in a row where we'll have finished 4th and we're playing like a team that is at the end of it's tether. Calderwoods last season had a very similar pattern, started off very well but then struggled badly and scraped into Europe. 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I had (still retain, just) high hopes for Cormack.

Taking over from that masonic, hun ramming tit, Milne, the bar hadn’t been set very far.

Initial signs were positive.

However, the last week or so, where he’s backed an out of ideas McInnes, reneged on the Q&A when there was no need, and inferred the fans not happy with McInnes are a social media rabble, then he’s now back in the “jury’s out” category.

Failure to get rid of McInnes by Monday after the last game of the season (at the latest) will mean he’s every bit as bad as that yokel prick, Milne.

Over to you, Dave.... 

I think we can confidently say that season ticket sales & DNA renewals will plummet if he keeps McInnes in place. 

Spot on. ?.   Brilliant do you want Cormacks  job, or even Mchunis’es. 

54 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

If a Wolves or Southampton are England's representatives then I can see them taking it more seriously than Chelsea or Arsenal would 

The money on offer to them is chickenfeed though.

The rumoured cash on offer for winning a group tie is the same as it is for getting a draw in the Europa groups. And a draw worth a third of the cash for a win (so about £180k per win in the groups and £60k for a draw). £500k or so bonus for winning the group.

You'd think a team like Wolves would scoosh their way through, winning at least 4 of their 6 ties, maybe even all 6....but even that nets them only about £1.6 million. They only get more cash on top for each round they progress thereafter (no cash for losing). 

The rumoured prize for winning the whole thing is something like £4.5million. 

I reckon the clubs from the really top countries will fire out mainly second string sides, only those reaching the last 4 will take it seriously

33 minutes ago, NEM said:

Can't speak for others but personally couldn't give a fuck about prize money.  Certainly nae thinking about that when I'm rolling around some Eastern European hot spot in July

I'm the same.  I love the atmosphere of European nights at Pittodrie. I'm not thinking of how much money the club are making when the game is underway. 

3 hours ago, El Pacino said:

Cormack really wants to make his mark as Chairman and is clearly passionate about the club.

performances have been poor but the rug has clearly been pulled from under McInnes’s feet regarding recruitment in January. He’s said multiple times that he was left scrambling on deadline day.

Whilst being amidst the worst situation the world has seen since 1945, I would say they’re doing their best in a shit situation. At the end of the day, the whole reason we’re not competing is down to cash and nothing else. Perhaps Jesus or Harry Potter are available to perform the miracles that some seem to want on this board.

Why has hibs managed it then when we have supposedly the 3rd highest budget in the league?.

they will have a nucleus of a team next year, without having to get in a new team especially when every club will be competing to get in players for themselves at all levels,leaving us with the dregs again?

they will probably also get group stage euro the thing we have been trying to do for the last 7 years without success earning them 4 million in the process

doesn’t take Harry Potter for that just McInnes to be at Aberdeen and Ross to be at hibs as facts dictate

you also allude to the pandemic, was it just Aberdeen’s board that had to mitigate against it?or every clubs board? Don’t answer the last question it’s rhetorical 

really sorry for you to lose both parents and if any comfort for yourself to be taken is the hope your parents knew how much you loved them before the worst happened and hopefully will eventually give you some solace for yourself in the future. All the best on here 

3 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Why has hibs managed it then when we have supposedly the 3rd highest budget in the league?.

they will have a nucleus of a team next year, without having to get in a new team especially when every club will be competing to get in players for themselves at all levels,leaving us with the dregs again?

they will probably also get group stage euro the thing we have been trying to do for the last 7 years without success earning them 4 million in the process

doesn’t take Harry Potter for that just McInnes to be at Aberdeen and Ross to be at hibs as facts dictate

you also allude to the pandemic, was it just Aberdeen’s board that had to mitigate against it?or every clubs board? Don’t answer the last question it’s rhetoric 

I agree with all your points bar the third one. It would take a massively lucky (and easy) draw in the Europa play-off round (where they won't be seeded) for them to progress to the Europa group stage where that sort of cash will be available...but even then to get it you'd have to do well in your matches....there is precisely £0 on offer for each match you lose. But (assuming crowds are back) they would be virtually guaranteed to sell out 3 home games so still very lucrative.

Realistically they are losing and dropping into the Conference group stages. Money available shit in comparison to EL but for clubs at our level not to be sneezed at. Might still sell out 3 ties and should pick up some cash for winning points.

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I agree with all your points bar the third one. It would take a massively lucky (and easy) draw in the Europa play-off round (where they won't be seeded) for them to progress to the Europa group stage where that sort of cash will be available...but even then to get it you'd have to do well in your matches....there is precisely £0 on offer for each match you lose. But (assuming crowds are back) they would be virtually guaranteed to sell out 3 home games so still very lucrative.

Realistically they are losing and dropping into the Conference group stages. Money available shit in comparison to EL but for clubs at our level not to be sneezed at. Might still sell out 3 ties and should pick up some cash for winning points.

Aaah I thought it was automatic qualification this year for 3rd or cup winner, due to our countries ranking, aye if it’s the playoff I can’t see hibs qualifying unless hibs get the luck of the Irish and are drawn against that Irish mob that makes it sometimes

4 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Aaah I thought it was automatic qualification this year for 3rd or cup winner, due to our countries ranking, aye if it’s the playoff I can’t see hibs qualifying unless hibs get the luck of the Irish and are drawn against that Irish mob that makes it sometimes

Scotland is rising to 9th in the UEFA co-efficient for the 2022-23 season so next season finishing 3rd (or winning the Scottish Cup) could be even more important than it is this season 

7 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Scotland is rising to 9th in the UEFA co-efficient for the 2022-23 season so next season finishing 3rd (or winning the Scottish Cup) could be even more important than it is this season 

That’s it aye a thought we had just thought it was introduced this year as opposed to next, thanks bud

57 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Or the luck of the Huns

1 minute ago, Sheepo said:

Or the luck of the Huns

Aye defo

lucky bastards in qualifying but thought at last they got galatassary and thought yes these cunts will put them out

to no avail.jammy cunts are keeping on getting teams in transition Villarreal,Porto,Moscow etc only good strong team they have faced not in transition was Leverkusen and look what happened there.