Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

Would it really have been hard for AFC to release a statement just saying "we're giving Derek 48hrs to decide what he wants to do. At this point there has been no contact between our manager and Rangers*"?

I think that would have mitigated a lot of the tension that is concomitant with the silence we got over the last 2 days.

Surely that much was pretty bleeding' obvious?

Huns will obviously try & make Aberdeen & McInnes look bad in all this but I think most with any sense will agree that Aberdeen & McInnes look a lot better in every way than Sevco do in this.

McInnes has already turned Sunderland down for the stability at Aberdeen & because he was very happy here

He's now done the same regarding Sevco.

Next time a biggish club like Sunderland come in for him, I guess it will be hard for him to turn down another club, so we are likely to lose him at some point. When this does happen though. We should have very little problem finding a replacement, or at least we should have a decent amount of managers willing to consider us given how happy McInnes has been with us & that he's already turned down a big club like Sunderland to stay with us & also turned down Sevco.

That basically advertises us in a pretty good light that who ever eventually comes in to replace McInnes (should he leave for pastures new) they can come in being fairly confident they are coming to a great & well run club & one they can be very happy at.

Fuck Sevco for trying to dirty our name. All they have succeeded in doing is making themselves look like a pishy club for anyone to work for :swear:

Is this gadgie on here? ;)

How much will he have been "misquoted" by the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42275328

Made this point yesterday, although I said last night that after a bit of a weak start he came across quite well on the radio. Machuntyre asked something like "do you feel the media have unfairly driven this, unsettling AFC in the process." I'll bet every red was screaming "go on have the cunt" and instead he answered something like "maybe, no. Not really." But if you then go on to listen to his comments he really is sticking the knife in to the media, the non concomitant SFA :trophy: and the hun. Tom English is clever enough to understand what he's saying so tries to counter. MacIntyre is too busy blubbing into his McCoist mug to take any notice.

For Milne to call the huns bluff which he has quite spectacularly we had to be prepared to keep Derek on. The 6 points was a hoor but heh ho. That's why I questioned the untenable comments yesterday. Were that true the compensation would have been a fraction of what was contracted.

Anyhoos all you "I'm only here cos of Derek" players. Get the fucking digit out. 3-0 by half time with each goal celebrated with a massive pile on with Derek at the bottom. Feel free to use the resultant confusion to lay one on the wee hun wank in the dugout opposite.

Guest RosemountRed

The two games against Rangers was more than a hoor and not just heh ho.

We were an absolute disgrace and exposed how shite O'Connor, Tansey and Considine are.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

so in terms of all those that said he would go to rangers*...

I always thought he would go to rangers* but itd be the next time he was out of work and the job comes up. while he is scratching around. Probably after trying england again, a top championship club first - maybe west brom if they are relegated.

Now I firmly believe he will never manage another Scottish club. Think hell hang with us until a no brainer english job comes along at which point hell have done his due dilligence and make a fair fist of that club too.

Funny how things turn around so quick as 48 hours ago I was betting on him being Well/Killie manager on his 50th birthday

Mr and Mrs Brochman will not be sending Xmas cards this year but would like to wish a Merry Xmas to all those on this website who have been insulted, offended, have lost their wits, developed ulcers and 1st degree paranoia,gone sleepless, have been abused by complete strangers, have fallen out with fellow Dons supporters and have probably gone completely bonkers over the last few weeks. Peace and goodwill to all men at this very special time of year,(except all fucking huns wherever they are)

• Upvote 4

You're from Buckie aren't you?

No shock you're a bead rattler then.

Honestly, I'd never thought of any link between the jags and that stinking bunch of cunts before.

Never looked into the history.

But if it is the case that there is a connection between the jags and the tims then they can gtf.

Far aboot are ye fae yersel? Balnagask road?

We were an absolute disgrace and exposed how shite O'Connor, Tansey and Considine are.

I'm surprised people think our performances have been entirely down to this shite.

The players are crap and we blew our rebuild money.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This rhetoric from the board, repeated by many on here about us losing him one day implies that he is bigger and better than us.

Not only does this make me sick, it’s complete shite.

Time will prove he wasn’t the messiah you all thought he was. Haven’t you been fucking watching these last four years?

• Downvote 6

I'm surprised people think our performances have been entirely down to this shite.

The players are crap and we blew our rebuild money.

I agree with this, at least a bit.

The players we've signed to replace players who have left have been of lesser quality (mostly).

Hopefully McInnes just picks a team now and runs with it for a few games to get some familiarity back, instead of chopping and changing all the time.

I agree with this, at least a bit.

The players we've signed to replace players who have left have been of lesser quality (mostly).

Hopefully McInnes just picks a team now and runs with it for a few games to get some familiarity back, instead of chopping and changing all the time.

Mostly? It’s a wholesale reduction in quality.

Stevie May was a good footballer once but he’s physically unfit. This is another indictment of McInnes.

This rhetoric from the board, repeated by many on here about us losing him one day implies that he is bigger and better than us.

Not only does this make me sick, it’s complete shite.

Time will prove he wasn’t the messiah you all thought he was. Haven’t you been fucking watching these last four years?

I agree he's no messiah. However, I see it in the interest of the club that we simply back him till January. See who he can get in, as we obviously need replacements and take it from there. I honestly don't know if he is bigger than us. I don't think so.

This whole saga doesn't sit with me right. I don't think him saying no to Rangers was cause it was Rangers, its cause at the moment they are ran by a bunch of monkeys. If that were to change and they came back in for him I have no doubts he'd be off. Still, be as well backing him and the players and see how this season plays out. He obviously wants to rectify how shit we've been, so fair play to him.

OK, not disagreeing. To clarify.

Derek's big game philosophy as seen at Hampden, Celtic Park, Pittodrie at European Games etc absolutely bit him on the arse at Ibrox. In fact it bit him so hard he lost all momentum for Pittiodrie where we were better. Goodwill from this contractual episode aside he should rightly be criticised for it because it was hardly the first time and surely to fuck he'll learn from it (again). From Milne's perspective, whilst he's won in the end, you still have to question the sense of entering that double header the way we did. By heh ho what I really meant was perhaps he was confident that regardless of the results in those matches, regardless of how it looked to the outsider* he was confident that Derek would stay. So in the absence of an offer at the time he simply had to ride it out, shite though it was. My personal hope is that Derek has used this to lever some extra shekels to address the failings you mention.

* That's where the press comes in Panda. At no point has this story been covered to how an outsider would view it. No stories appeared with headlines of (and I exaggerate for effect obviously) Financial Basket Case wants Noted Bottler to be their next Manager to Achieve the Impossible. Had the coverage taken those more realistic tones instead of the one way 99.9% :whistling: "ask and he'll follow follow, no surrender n'that" pish and this might have turned out differently.

But you're right. If I'm a sensible hun I'm sitting in 2nd not panicking although possibly having a second look at the balance sheet (again) and questioning what the fuck is it that Mark Allen does exactly. Thankfully that type appear to be few and far between.

• Upvote 2

Made this point yesterday, although I said last night that after a bit of a weak start he came across quite well on the radio. Machuntyre asked something like "do you feel the media have unfairly driven this, unsettling AFC in the process." I'll bet every red was screaming "go on have the cunt" and instead he answered something like "maybe, no. Not really." But if you then go on to listen to his comments he really is sticking the knife in to the media, the non concomitant SFA :trophy: and the hun. Tom English is clever enough to understand what he's saying so tries to counter. MacIntyre is too busy blubbing into his McCoist mug to take any notice.

For Milne to call the huns bluff which he has quite spectacularly we had to be prepared to keep Derek on. The 6 points was a hoor but heh ho. That's why I questioned the untenable comments yesterday. Were that true the compensation would have been a fraction of what was contracted.

Anyhoos all you "I'm only here cos of Derek" players. Get the fucking digit out. 3-0 by half time with each goal celebrated with a massive pile on with Derek at the bottom. Feel free to use the resultant confusion to lay one on the wee hun wank in the dugout opposite.

By not allowing that club to talk to Derek, he has called their bluff and shown some balls for a change.

What he needs to do now is drop the “lets move on” shite. Take a look at that clubs statement Stewarty, and have a look at the way they have treated your club, your management, your team and your supporters for the last few weeks.

Take a look at how they have cheated their way to millions in revenue over the last 20 odd years, to the detriment of our club.

So while you’ve shown your cock is currently bigger than Kings, grab the initiative and get wired into the SFA and no more “lets move on” pish.

3 points tonight please, COYR.

• Upvote 1

Nobody’s not backing him. We all want him to succeed. It’s not a crime to discuss his limitations and his weaknesses. It is a crime to pretend that just cos he humiliated the huns that he suddenly turns into a great manager. Leopards don’t change their petticoats. I reckon some of you AFC, like my son’s generation have been so starved of success that you see a rejection of the hun as some kind of event worthy of celebrating. Winning the league is worth celebrating, something many of you write off as impossible. That makes you loser cunts in my book.

• Upvote 1

Not only does this make me sick, its complete shite.

Time will prove he wasnt the messiah you all thought he was. Havent you been fucking watching these last four years?

Too unbalanced. I think the majority of fans see him as a sound enough manager but no great tactician. Personally, I thought this was a good time to move on for him but especially for the club. If McInnes rebuilds the team ( a big if) he will again become a target for bigger clubs and AFC will face yet another period of uncertainty which is a pain in the arse. The one good thing is that with McInnes we won't disintegrate like Hearts or Dundee Utd but I fear we won't excel.

Mostly? It’s a wholesale reduction in quality.

Stevie May was a good footballer once but he’s physically unfit. This is another indictment of McInnes.

Not wholesale.

Ward, Lewis, Logan, Shinnie, Christie. All McInnes signings and all have been good signings for us.

Apart from that however the rest have been pretty poor, with a few more ok ish signings in there.

Not wholesale.

Ward, Lewis, Logan, Shinnie, Christie. All McInnes signings and all have been good signings for us.

Apart from that however the rest have been pretty poor, with a few more ok ish signings in there.

Sorry I should’ve clarified. I was talking about the summer signings which included some real fucking dross.

Just listened to the podcast and worth a listen. He missed his chance to lay in to the west coast hacks but shat his pants and told them what they wanted to hear!! Fkn moron!!

Sorry I should’ve clarified. I was talking about the summer signings which included some real fucking dross.

Yeah that's fair. This summers signings (apart from the renewal of Christies loan) have all turned out to be poor.

Although on paper, I thought a few of them were going to be better than they have been. Could just as easily be down to the poor tactics than the players not being at the level they were before.

Squad is strange

I do think we have a better squad than last year, but i don't think we have a better first choice eleven

A lot is made of Hayes and Mcginn being loses but sadly I feel its Taylor and Jack that are our biggest gaps, Jack deserves all he gets for the way he went about what he did but seeing to protection he gave especially to the Rangers full backs showed something we are missing badly Scott wright had a poor game - a lot of that was to do with Jack being an extra man to back up tavernier

We also sad to say miss taylor - we dont miss him meandering forward to the half way line to lose the ball or some of his passes but without doubt we are missing his physical presence

Too unbalanced. I think the majority of fans see him as a sound enough manager but no great tactician. Personally, I thought this was a good time to move on for him but especially for the club. If McInnes rebuilds the team ( a big if) he will again become a target for bigger clubs and AFC will face yet another period of uncertainty which is a pain in the arse. The one good thing is that with McInnes we won't disintegrate like Hearts or Dundee Utd but I fear we won't excel.

Unbalanced how?

Everyone saying he will leave us one day - check.

To bigger and better things - check.

Implication being that he’s better than AFC - check.

Complete horseshit - check.

Worryingly McInnes was quoted as saying that there's no team fitter than us.

Aside from the obvious Rooney and Stewart. Rocket points out May and I would also argue GMS isn't anywhere near the player he once was. He's seriously deluded if he thinks that.

We're hardly banging them in the last 10 minutes of the games. Something might I add the King had us doing regularly such was the fitness.

What manager in any sane kind of mind is going to tell the media his squad isn't the fittest?

Whatever he says and to whom doesn’t hide the fact that we have major issues with performance levels this season and have been severely lacking in both both physical fitness and mental toughness. Logan’s demise has been shocking in its severity.