Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

On 12/26/2020 at 6:48 PM, Jocky Balboa said:

Your mediocre attempt at eliciting an argument and/or taking a high ground of some sort (I'll assume moral, for you lack the intellect) is laughable, but does raise the question of whether your lack of comprehension of what I actually said, was borne from said intellectual shortcomings, or a sheer determination to be confrontational at any cost.

For the benefit of the rest of the board, who appear to be at least engaging in a reasonable debate, I am not alluding to "mystery players", as this man suggests. I am merely saying, in my humble opinion, that in a position which is not our top priority, bringing back yet another player who couldn't get away quick enough (and was at times very inconsistent to begin with) last time, when he is possibly past his best, constitutes an unnecessary move. 

For the price it would cost to bring him back, all in all, I believe we would be better served focussing on the priority positions which other posters have already so eloquently highlighted. 

So you don’t think creativity is a priority? You’re one of the ones who greets about the football not being entertaining, are you not?

How much is the price to take him back btw?

20 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

He may well be Millermong with his propensity for fights, often for no other reason than for confrontation alone but he spoke truth here.

You are the lowest of the low on the football threads. He's right (and to borrow his phrase), you have never posted an original or interesting thing. You acknowledge that half the cunts on here are fuck-ups and fail to see your position amongst them, an absolute king of mutants. Even the passion in your insults are so boring and lacking in anything unique. You're a beaut min. 

Honestly starting to pity you now. You just don’t see how truly dreadful a person you are.

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

He may well be Millermong with his propensity for fights, often for no other reason than for confrontation alone but he spoke truth here.

You are the lowest of the low on the football threads. He's right (and to borrow his phrase), you have never posted an original or interesting thing. You acknowledge that half the cunts on here are fuck-ups and fail to see your position amongst them, an absolute king of mutants. Even the passion in your insults are so boring and lacking in anything unique. You're a beaut min. 

STFU you sad, old, alcy bastard ?

6 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

So you don’t think creativity is a priority? You’re one of the ones who greets about the football not being entertaining, are you not?

How much is the price to take him back btw?

Playful digs aside and being honest with you, I think it is a mark of a good team, to be able to 'win ugly' at times and grind out results. I therefore am not one of those who talks of lack of entertainment per se. What I do take umbrage with is the willful stagnation that McInnes has overseen for the third season in a row now, one that is irreversible under his tutelage.

I use the term willful stagnation, because I believe it is as much to do with his "Weegia" subservience as any perceived lack of football management abilities, in that he buys the hype about the natural order being restored, with that new team of Orcs entering the SPL. Despite finishing a mere 9 points off the title at his peak, his response since has been, rather than use previous progress as an impetus to look for new peaks and kick on in Europe, he has instead fallen into line (like Calderwood, incidentally) and fawned at the "Old Firm" while being content to feed from scraps at their table. That he meekly surrendered second place was bad enough. That he feels no need to atone for finishing fourth behind Kilmarnock and Motherwell teams with a far smaller budget and resources, is unforgivable. That he sees a point away from home against bottom sides is laughable.

As I said recently, we will learn a lot about what Cormack is really made of, by the end of this season.

Decent post.  The thing people miss about the dons Huns 86-90 best played out in the three league cups (and you could add the Theo cup in 90 as well) is it was the shifting of the plates in Scotland.  A massively doped hun (it was virtually the England 1st 11) against the hugely talented but ageing Dons. Chuck in the SFA, subtract SAF and there was the reality right there.

plus Porterfield, cos there has to be a panto villain.

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Decent post.  The thing people miss about the dons Huns 86-90 best played out in the three league cups (and you could add the Theo cup in 90 as well) is it was the shifting of the plates in Scotland.  A massively doped hun (it was virtually the England 1st 11) against the hugely talented but ageing Dons. Chuck in the SFA, subtract SAF and there was the reality right there.

A huge factor in the DeidCo rd olution in the second half of the 80’s was also down to the Heysel stadium disaster in 85.

That led to a ban on English teams competing in Europe which then made the attraction of joining DeidCo to gain entry into Europe

2 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Decent post.  The thing people miss about the dons Huns 86-90 best played out in the three league cups (and you could add the Theo cup in 90 as well) is it was the shifting of the plates in Scotland.  A massively doped hun (it was virtually the England 1st 11) against the hugely talented but ageing Dons. Chuck in the SFA, subtract SAF and there was the reality right there.

Absolute bollocks. 

19 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Woods, Butcher, Roberts, Stevens, Francis, Hateley, Gascoigne, Walters, Wilkins, Spackman

Also from guff league likes of Gray, Gough, Goram, McCall semi or full guffs, though still goes with financial doping theme,

Aff top o my heed.

Don't forget the animal that was Terry Hurlock !!