Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

ICT Final.  Obviously.

Semi against St J.  Cunts (not least because it ultimately led to us signing Stevie May)

Rijeka (although they then go on to speak mainly about Kairat Almaty in the next round).

Celtic in 2016.  Was that the Ward leaving/Rooney injury/bastard Griffiths late goals season?

Celtic cup final.  Someone had to lose, happens it was us.

Celtic last day of the season.  Meh - obvious question marks on this game but coming 2nd above the hun was the important part.  Created the self belief to go on and....do absolutely fuck all.

They went for Hibs this season.  In truth could have picked 5 or 6 games. 

15 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

It was Iain McCall. But agreed.

Butt hurt because his chum Derek lost his job.

McCall was so distraught I thought he was gonna start crying. It was a masterclass in failed managers sticking up for each other.  Shook my head when Levien claimed it was the first bad patch of Mcinnes' tenure. Wasn't he paying attention about a year ago when Mcinnes said it wasn't nice hearing the fans singing  'Derek Derek get tae fuck'? 

8 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

ICT Final.  Obviously.

Semi against St J.  Cunts (not least because it ultimately led to us signing Stevie May)

Rijeka (although they then go on to speak mainly about Kairat Almaty in the next round).

Celtic in 2016.  Was that the Ward leaving/Rooney injury/bastard Griffiths late goals season?

Celtic cup final.  Someone had to lose, happens it was us.

Celtic last day of the season.  Meh - obvious question marks on this game but coming 2nd above the hun was the important part.  Created the self belief to go on and....do absolutely fuck all.

They went for Hibs this season.  In truth could have picked 5 or 6 games. 

Groningen

Beating Huns at Ibrox for first time in decades

21 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

McCall was so distraught I thought he was gonna start crying. It was a masterclass in failed managers sticking up for each other.  Shook my head when Levien claimed it was the first bad patch of Mcinnes' tenure. Wasn't he paying attention about a year ago when Mcinnes said it wasn't nice hearing the fans singing  'Derek Derek get tae fuck'? 

Managers union.

They see the world on a completely different spectrum to us.

24 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Thats what I said earlier.  It was like they were speaking about Derek circa March 2018

58 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Quite how anyone would get them mixed up, when one has a Glaswegian accent & the other has a Yorkshire accent, I don’t know. 

Was simply referred to as McCall on the post I read, so made an assumption. Their accent didn't come across on the post on here. 

I’m not getting my knickers in a twist about a couple of complete nobodies in Levein and McCall backing McInnes. They are losers and firm believers of Aberdeen should be happy with what they get and are best ignored along with the majority of Scottish Football. 

• Upvote 1

Not sure about Maloney, I get his merits but he is tainted with his longstanding association with the Scum, he would bring a modern outlook on things and must have learned a bit in his time in England and with the Belgium set up, but cannot help thinking he is a died in the wool Tim. I can see the merits in Glass coming maybe as an assistant but no way should we be taking a gamble on him as manager. Some of the other Bookies front runners like Lennon, Goodwin and Adams are an absolute no from me

8 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Very accurate description of whats going on at Pittodrie.

Its set into the fans mindset as well. That's why we've got all these morons going "We can't sack McInnes, he's gotten us to more cup finals than anyone outside of Celtic" And how many did we win? 1, and even that we scraped through. "Who else will get us consistently 3rd place" third.....hud me back! I know realistically we were never pushing for the league, but come on...if we'd been anywhere near as good as we were in the first few McInnes seasons we would have been chasing a Champions League place. Instead we're happy to scrape into Europe and make the odd semi final / final. 

Feels sometimes like we're a wee Championship side when we come up against Celtic and Rangers. We play like we're just lucky to be on the same pitch as them and happy to just be taking part in the outing. I wouldn't be surprised if the players were taking photos of themselves outside the Big Stadium.

15 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Not sure about Maloney, I get his merits but he is tainted with his longstanding association with the Scum, he would bring a modern outlook on things and must have learned a bit in his time in England and with the Belgium set up, but cannot help thinking he is a died in the wool Tim. I can see the merits in Glass coming maybe as an assistant but no way should we be taking a gamble on him as manager. Some of the other Bookies front runners like Lennon, Goodwin and Adams are an absolute no from me

Goodwin is doing a good job with a very limited St Mirren side. He comes across really well as well, I think he'd do a decent job at Pittodrie. 

5 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Excellent read and hits the nails on the head. At last an honest piece from a guy who  takes a genuine interest in us. The mentality is all wrong at Pittodrie in the last couple of Years and the new manager will come into a club similar to what Fergie came into and will have to change the mentality from top to bottom. Maybe we should hear more from the likes of McMaster rather than bitter failed managers like Levein and Mcall

6 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Well quoted John McMaster.   Goodwin would have a big clear out on his hands.    Plus backing financially from Cormack and his board, would he get it for signings he would want to take in.    Look what the last ST Mirren manager Aberdeen signed up achieved but Chris Anderson and the Donald’s were in charge.!!!!!!!!!!     

His backing of Goodwin is interesting (there seems to be a link back to his Alloa days).  He's acknowledging that Derek getting us to where we were wasn't without merit and given the squad status that it'll take the right man with a considerable budget just to simply keep us there.  But then back to the clincher - regardless of achieving that stable continuation, that alone is never good enough.  Love it.

8 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Excellent comments from the sweet left peg. The re-signings of McGinn, Taylor and Hayes were all predictable disasters and McMaster's "comfort zone" nailed it. McInnes is a loser. Good riddance. 

I don't think Taylor has been a disaster. He's been no worse than Hoban or Considine this season. I think he's been pretty solid throughout, bar a few moments. 

McGinn has. He was done when he left and we still took him back.

Hayes, started the season brightly but faded like everyone else. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and see how he gets on for the remainder or the season and next, if he stays. 

I like Hayes and think he's still one of our best players. I think he's guilty of trying to do too much but as a result not really achieving anything well. 

But I agree with the general principle.  Bringing back players  in their late 20s or 30s who are not as good as when they left a few years ago sets a bad precedent of the club being seen as a safety net and pre retirement home as well as making your squad older. 

Spot on from McMaster. His “comfort zone” description of some of our transfer dealings couldn’t have been more accurate.

Get him in as DOF if we are determined to go down that route.

Also loved the comment about Fergie telling him to fuck off after he said thanks for winning the league ?.