Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

1 hour ago, anderson72 said:

Dereck Mcinnes being interviewed for the WBA gig.

Kevin Campbell the ex Arsenal striker praising him for the job.

On the Aberdeen Newsnow website.

And Paddy Kenny slating him saying "there are bigger names available"

Looks a bit of a poisoned chalice now. Chris Wilder had been recommended by the board for the job in the early part of this month but for whatever reason their Chinese owner decided to veto his appointment. 

A few days later and they had agreed terms with David Wagner. Only for Wagner to walk away from the deal 24 hours later.

McInnes now could land the job by default. 

So firstly wish him all the best if he does land it.  Genuinely pleased for the man.  One of these situations where I suspect in normal circumstances he wouldn't get a sniff so he just has to ride the wave.

2 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

McInnes is one of those managers who cannot adapt and really believe they are better than what they actually are. 
No manager who takes the philosophy and teachings of the SFA coaching bible should be employed at a club who want to win something nowadays.

Listened to an interesting documentary with Andy Roxburgh the other day absolutely talking up the Largs experience and name dropping left, right and centre from it.  But its almost like they went there to learn how not to do it.  At what point have Mourhino, Houlier, Lippi etc ever said lets set up to stifle the opposition and maybe sneak something off a set piece.  Oh, and whilst we're at it lets positively reinforce a healthy duopoly healthy for the game (read duopoly) to thrive. 

12 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

So firstly wish him all the best if he does land it.  Genuinely pleased for the man.  One of these situations where I suspect in normal circumstances he wouldn't get a sniff so he just has to ride the wave.

Listened to an interesting documentary with Andy Roxburgh the other day absolutely talking up the Largs experience and name dropping left, right and centre from it.  But its almost like they went there to learn how not to do it.  At what point have Mourhino, Houlier, Lippi etc ever said lets set up to stifle the opposition and maybe sneak something off a set piece.  Oh, and whilst we're at it lets positively reinforce a healthy duopoly healthy for the game (read duopoly) to thrive. 

Mourinho has made a career out of it the past 15 years or so. Other than his first spell at Chelsea, thats been pretty much how hes managed. 

I'd also said at the time he would turn down Sunderland, which he did , 

Yes I said he would fuck off the Huns, I was incorrect which I more than willing to admit , more than half the fucking arseholes that patrol this forum do,

I also said he knew jack was going to the huns weeks before which he did.

Anyway if that cunt falls upwards and lands there he won't see out the season, strangely the west brom fans rate him

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

The best thing about the SFA boasts of their Largs coaching badges is that it was only one of a few that was around at the time. Coaches had very little choice but to go there. As you say….it’s almost like they went there to learn not how to do it. ?

1 hour ago, ericblack4boss said:

I'd also said at the time he would turn down Sunderland, which he did , 

Yes I said he would fuck off the Huns, I was incorrect which I more than willing to admit , more than half the fucking arseholes that patrol this forum do,

I also said he knew jack was going to the huns weeks before which he did.

Anyway if that cunt falls upwards and lands there he won't see out the season, strangely the west brom fans rate him

Thats good of you! How the fuck could you not admit it since, well, you know, he never took the hun job. ;)

Anyhoo, I still think there is zero chance of him getting the WBA job. Getting linked by a "source" on an "insider" internet site means fuck all, look at the pish posted on here from people itk. 

56 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Thats good of you! How the fuck could you not admit it since, well, you know, he never took the hun job. ;)

Anyhoo, I still think there is zero chance of him getting the WBA job. Getting linked by a "source" on an "insider" internet site means fuck all, look at the pish posted on here from people itk. 

Not one person admitted they were wrong when they were all pishing themselves and bubbling that he was going to fuck off Sunderland.

Also I was the first one here to call out that he was a sleekit cunt.