Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

7 hours ago, Betty Swallicks said:

He'll get a better gig than Ayr but smaller than us. A dundee, dundee utd,, hearts, burton albion etc type club.

Spineless hun cunt will have to bite the bullet soon though. 

Why?

The cunt never has to worry about where his next fish supper is coming from ever again after robbing us blind for his last 2 contracts. He can sit quite happily doing punditry on an ad hoc basis for his pocket money until a job arises that he really wants. I don't see that being in Scotland unless it's one of the arse cheeks (not happening) or one of the Edinburgh clubs ( possible but even they might baulk at the kind of cash Mcinnes would ask  for). Queen's Park could be an outside bet for him given their big plans but not at the minute. They are hoping to get themselves into the SPL eventually (quickly) and when they do they'll pay big money but I dont see him being interested in them until they do get themselves there.

He's not getting a gig in England at the level he would really want (ie the Championship) but most EFL 1 clubs could pay him at least as much as Hearts/Hibs and that is where i'm sure he will end up eventually but as i said.....he can afford to sit back and wait for a vacancy he really wants rather than just grab the first one that arises.

• Haha 1

Did we pay him off for full contract worth? Or we still paying his wage until end contract time? & if so does he have to wait until contract end before he takes a lesser gig such as Ayr? Otherwise he loses cash from us.

Very strange he hasn’t been touting himself as available for various jobs that have been available 

If he doesn’t get a gig down south soon I Reckon the only Scottish clubs that would interest him would be either Edinburgh clubs (as they have a similar budget to what he got used to at us) & he would really struggle to show he’s better than he is at lower end budgets at this level with clubs like St Johnstone again, a club where he only really did well when in Championship & had a higher level budget than most others in League 

Maybe he would consider Utd job at a push.

Hibs/Hearts (& their budgets) are pretty much the only jobs in Scotland he could get/would take, as he would see them as lower risk of dropping down the ranks in terms of his profile for any hopes of getting any kind of decent gig down south. 

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Why?

The cunt never has to worry about where his next fish supper is coming from ever again after robbing us blind for his last 2 contracts. He can sit quite happily doing punditry on an ad hoc basis for his pocket money until a job arises that he really wants. I don't see that being in Scotland unless it's one of the arse cheeks (not happening) or one of the Edinburgh clubs ( possible but even they might baulk at the kind of cash Mcinnes would ask  for). Queen's Park could be an outside bet for him given their big plans but not at the minute. They are hoping to get themselves into the SPL eventually (quickly) and when they do they'll pay big money but I dont see him being interested in them until they do get themselves there.

He's not getting a gig in England at the level he would really want (ie the Championship) but most EFL 1 clubs could pay him at least as much as Hearts/Hibs and that is where i'm sure he will end up eventually but as i said.....he can afford to sit back and wait for a vacancy he really wants rather than just grab the first one that arises.

He's got no chance of landing a job "he really wants" tho. He's been sacked from 2 of his 3 jobs and will be seen as a failure by medium/big sized english clubs. 

He'll have to bite the bullet and take a utd, hearts, english league 1 job soon as I don't think he'll be retiring. 

5 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

The national job was a possibility for him but that's now kicked in long grass,  most realistic is Calum Davidson getting a championship or league1 job, just the thing Hun DMC thinks he is deserving of, and the sleekit cunt will get back to Perth

I could still see him getting the Scotland job after Clarke - Clarke has been hit and miss as Scotland boss - it’s never been easier to qualify for major tournaments and he’s got better players to pick from than quite a few previous managers. He could easily go on a run of bad results and be punted within the next year. 

mcInnes probably made enough money out of us that he’s not in much of a hurry for a job but the risk for him is if he leaves it too long he’ll. e forgotten about 

2 hours ago, Dr_Manhattan said:

He'll join the long list of our former managers who will end their careers with Aberdeen as the biggest job they had.

I was just about to post the same thing. I remember back in the day, it was myself, Rocket Scientist and a handful of others who didn't buy into the Balsawood hype and stated, quite categorically, that he would never again manage a club with an average attendance of over 10000, nor see anything like the wages we afforded him. Of course, it took a few years for the rest to catch up to this reality, but it played out as expected. 

While McInnes may attract a club with a five-figure attendance, in cold reality he is only one standard deviation above Calderwood as a football manager and thus it is very unlikely he will manage a club our size again. I wish him well, of course...

11 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Bring him back

Embarrassing experiment with glass

We spent the best part of £1m in binning McInnes, then a sizeable amount of investment in enhancing the squad, and we're in a much worse position as a club than we were when McInnes got the dunt.

McInnes had got the club to a point where it should and would have been a very attractive job for a variety of managers of a particular pedigree, instead our predetermined prawcess has set us back years.

Nicely done, Cormack.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Enough of this "mcinnes back" chat (pretty sure it canna be serious) 

However this season pans out it was 100% long overdue getting him binned. 

I don't think anyone is being serious. Absolutely the right time for him to move on. 

But we had a chance to bring a decent manager in and we put all our eggs in the rookie basket. There was money there as well as all our new signings won't have been cheap. Some of them will be on good dosh. 

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Enough of this "mcinnes back" chat (pretty sure it canna be serious) 

However this season pans out it was 100% long overdue getting him binned. 

I certainly wasn't being serious. Just making a point of how shite things are. The Glass experiment is not working. Obviously hope he can turn it around, but have no confidence and have seen little or no evidence to suggest that he can. 

4 minutes ago, don corleone said:

I certainly wasn't being serious. Just making a point of how shite things are. The Glass experiment is not working. Obviously hope he can turn it around, but have no confidence and have seen little or no evidence to suggest that he can. 

Aye I don't think anyone is tbf

Just the very thought makes me want to boke 

Just now, Donscanada said:

While i admire mcinnes success in terms of winning and clean sheets.. could we really endure his eye bleeding 1-0 wins with a build up of long balls to cosgrove.  Glass is playing more entertaining football and is giving youngsters a chance to play reguarly.  

Let's not try and and big up Glass in order to justify binning McInnes. 

McInnes' time was up and he had to go. 

Glass's time is now up and he has to go. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
On 9/11/2021 at 5:45 PM, Donscanada said:

While i admire mcinnes success in terms of winning and clean sheets.. could we really endure his eye bleeding 1-0 wins with a build up of long balls to cosgrove.  Glass is playing more entertaining football and is giving youngsters a chance to play reguarly.  

Have to say I’ve not been entertained by Aberdeen games at all recently. We still seem to have all the possession and do absolutely nothing with it. 

On 9/11/2021 at 7:33 PM, afc1903mad said:

Fuck off you Hun loving narcissist.

Are you forgetting the 3-0 trouncing we received from Motherwell under McInnes?

Which one? I think there were at least 3