Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

9 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

That means fuck all, they weren't even in the same league for half that time, regardless do we get a trophy for getting a result against a new club which were a shambles for a large chunk of his tenure?

Spouting vox pops for the weegie masses in the Sunday Mail in a desperate attempt to stay relevent.

He shat it in semi finals and every final and every time in Europe, for him to say he instilled a "seige mentality" is ridiculous. 

Lol

You've lost this one, it's not even up for debate 

2 hours ago, shut up meg said:

I get what you are saying MT but just because the present manager hasn't started well, doesn't take away from the fact that DMC time at Pittodrie was up.

As I said, best of luck to him but time to move on.

His time was up because people weren't happy with the style of football needed in Scotland to finish 2nd to 4th

Yeah

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Bollox. His style of football at the end was not top 4. That’s why we wanted change.

Correct. In the last two years of McInnes’s tenure we suffered our worst ever plus one of our worst ever goal scoring droughts. The football of his past couple of years was horrific to watch. Glass not starting off well should in no way make us forget that Derek’s time was well and truly up. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/embarrassing-aberdeen-goal-record-staring-21461042

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/aberdeen-slump-to-worst-goalless-streak-in-the-118-year-history-of-the-club-with-1-0-loss-at-celtic1/

29 minutes ago, Millertime said:

His time was up because people weren't happy with the style of football needed in Scotland to finish 2nd to 4th

Yeah

I would say that the style of football was tolerated because he was getting results and finishing between 2nd and 4th however the last 3 months, the results fell off a cliff, he won 2 out of the last 13 games in charge and scored 4 goals.

In fact we scored 1 goal in the last 9 games.

Once the results went pear shaped, he was finished.

3 hours ago, shut up meg said:

I would say that the style of football was tolerated because he was getting results and finishing between 2nd and 4th however the last 3 months, the results fell off a cliff, he won 2 out of the last 13 games in charge and scored 4 goals.

I'm not going over why it's downright wrong to base anything on the last 6 months,  again

4 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Millertime is right though. 

Comparing Glass' reign with the very worst of McInnes' reign is missing the point somewhat. 

Not really. McInnes had a piss easy ride at Aberdeen. Easier than ANY manager before him.

Only when things started getting a little more competitive did his true level/abilities start to become more apparent to the  slowest of fans.

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Not really. McInnes had a piss easy ride at Aberdeen. Easier than ANY manager before him.

Only when things started getting a little more competitive did his true level/abilities start to become more apparent to the  slowest of fans.

You can't properly evaluate the new guy by comparing with the worst of his predecessor though. Clearly we want him to perform much better than McInnes ' worst. 

21 hours ago, shut up meg said:

Cosgrove sold, Wright sold, watkins and Hedges long term injuries

Only allowed to bring in 3 shite unfit loans to cover 

That and the fact it was agreed mcinnes would leave at the end of the season led to the shite last period

As I have said before countless times

18 hours ago, Millertime said:

I'm not going over why it's downright wrong to base anything on the last 6 months,  again

Just now, Millertime said:

That and the fact it was agreed mcinnes would leave at the end of the season led to the shite last period

Crine 

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

He still signed them thinking they'd be good replacements.  Some of your points are valid but you completely ignore the shit side of his tenure. Move on manny. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Millertime said:

You're highlighting one transfer window. He failed for a good few in a row