Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

3 minutes ago, Millertime said:

4th or higher 8 seasons in a row and finished 2nd more than 4th

Think glass will do that?

Nope. 

Not because McInnes was good (which he was) but because Glass isn't good enough (which he isn't) 

You wanted DMC gone. 

6 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You can't properly evaluate the new guy by comparing with the worst of his predecessor though. Clearly we want him to perform much better than McInnes ' worst. 

Can evaluate the new guy against the worst of his predecessors & the best & his record is worse than pretty much any lol

Glass has one clean sheet in his last twenty odd games. I think it’s only justified that we can soil our sheets too

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Can evaluate the new guy against the worst of his predecessors & the best & his record is worse than pretty much any lol

Glass has one clean sheet in his last twenty odd games. I think it’s only justified that we can soil our sheets too

I agree with you.  Only McGhee and Alex Miller below him already. 

My post was in relation to folk comparing Glass against McInnes' last 6 months which were abysmal and using that to try and suggest Glass is doing OK. 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I agree with you.  Only McGhee and Alex Miller below him already. 

My post was in relation to folk comparing Glass against McInnes' last 6 months which were abysmal and using that to try and suggest Glass is doing OK. 

Has anyone said Glass is doing ok? Clearly he needs to do better.
The point certainly that I was making before was that it’s too early into the new tenure and that he should be given the opportunity to get better results

21 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Looking forward to your 20 quid for moroccan kids

Bet you wish it was me offering a cash out now

If I lose I'm more than happy to pay that money to Moroccan kids. 

Get glass the bullet and CR9 cakewalks the amount 

12 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

The point certainly that I was making before was that it’s too early into the new tenure and that he should be given the opportunity to get better results

You're right i'll rephrase 

Using McInnes' last 6 months as a way of trying to  defend Glass' record so far 

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

He’s had plenty opportunities to get better results & for the most part has come up very short.

Not like we have had a tough run of fixtures 

6 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

? Millerman was shouting for his head one week, defending him to the hilt the following week. All dependant on the most recent result of course. If we win our next 2 games he'll be a huge Glass fan again.

Haha

You always take it out on those you love the most

Its why I literally never communicate with kelt or Arabian Knight (despite him chasing me round the place)

12 hours ago, Millertime said:

As some would have said in here, what trophies were won for achieving 2nd - 4th, including in those years without DeidCo, Hearts, Hibs and Utd?

McInnes had a huge advantage in timing when he took over, which will have helped boost his stats. He increasingly failed when the challenge became too much for him

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, Millertime said:

In some of those years he had the second largest budget in the league and in other years he had the third largest budget in the league, largest in the clubs history whilst getting paid the largest wage in the clubs history as well.

Trophies is where managers will be remembered. 

Aberdeen could finish 6th 3 seasons in a row under Glass and win 2 cups and he'll be looked on as a more successful manager than McInnes in the history books. Nobody is going to look back at McInnes time in 20 years from now and go "Look at those 2nd place finishes and semi finals".  They'll remember the League cup win, of course, but nobody will care that much about the league position unless we're winning the fucking thing, or we've done really badly (i.e. last)

• Upvote 2
17 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Trophies is where managers will be remembered. 

Aberdeen could finish 6th 3 seasons in a row under Glass and win 2 cups and he'll be looked on as a more successful manager than McInnes in the history books. Nobody is going to look back at McInnes time in 20 years from now and go "Look at those 2nd place finishes and semi finals".  They'll remember the League cup win, of course, but nobody will care that much about the league position unless we're winning the fucking thing, or we've done really badly (i.e. last)

I agree. 

However the 2 most recent domestic cup games have been a complete disaster 

25 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I agree. 

However the 2 most recent domestic cup games have been a complete disaster 

What 2? Reith and Dundee United last season?

I don't think it's fair to pin the United game on Glass. He'd literally came through the door not long before that and had to take over a side who hadn't scored a goal in forever. Wasn't like he'd had time or his own players to work with going into it. 

27 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

I don't think it's fair to pin the United game on Glass. He'd literally came through the door not long before that and had to take over a side who hadn't scored a goal in forever. Wasn't like he'd had time or his own players to work with going into it. 

Managed to beat Livi and St Johnstone around then. Seconds away from beating Celtic a few days before. 

Now that he has had time to get his players to work with we probably would have lost by even more goals.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

Yeah those two games. It was his inability to change tactics during the United game that caused some doubts to be raised more than the fact we got beat. 

I get the fact that he was recently in the role so there are some mitigating factors but he was getting credit for games against Livingston and Celtic around the time of the Dundee United game so we can't have it both ways.