Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

16 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I agree. 

However the 2 most recent domestic cup games have been a complete disaster 

And a lot of our recent cup results under McInnes were awful, look at losing away to St Mirren and then hearts the year before that.

Play dumbarton at home in the cup and only winning because of a penalty.

Not denying Raith was a complete disaster however

On 10/12/2021 at 2:22 PM, StandFree1982 said:

Trophies is where managers will be remembered. 

Aberdeen could finish 6th 3 seasons in a row under Glass and win 2 cups and he'll be looked on as a more successful manager than McInnes in the history books. Nobody is going to look back at McInnes time in 20 years from now and go "Look at those 2nd place finishes and semi finals".  They'll remember the League cup win, of course, but nobody will care that much about the league position unless we're winning the fucking thing, or we've done really badly (i.e. last)

To be fair I look back fondly at the Jimmy Calderwood era, beating Rangers on the final day of the season to qualify for Europe, getting to the group stage and last 32. 

Okay, he didn't win anything, and he let us down with his semi but he got us up the table.  

People in years to come WILL remember the period of sustained high league positions, and consistent good and decent results Del brought us.  

If he won 2 cups he wouldn't be any more successful in my view.

100% correct for McInnes to go. The failure of the new appointment does not excuse the pathetic goalless heartless team of McInnes. Glass brought in early to get a grasp of the problem and making a mess of it does not make removing the architect of the initial mess a mistake. Egotistical and ignorant narcissism aside Colgate made the correct first move just messed up everything else in the prawcess. 

• Upvote 5
2 hours ago, Crossbow said:

100% correct for McInnes to go. The failure of the new appointment does not excuse the pathetic goalless heartless team of McInnes. Glass brought in early to get a grasp of the problem and making a mess of it does not make removing the architect of the initial mess a mistake. Egotistical and ignorant narcissism aside Colgate made the correct first move just messed up everything else in the prawcess. 

Agree on this, had high hopes for Cormack but the whole "prawcess" of appointing Glass was a sham, did Graham Hunter not say Glass had the job about a week after McInnes got the boot?

38 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Agree on this, had high hopes for Cormack but the whole "prawcess" of appointing Glass was a sham, did Graham Hunter not say Glass had the job about a week after McInnes got the boot?

Stephen Glass being our new manager was “in the post” as soon as the partnership with Atlanta was announced.

Saw it coming 12 months before it happened.

2 hours ago, Crossbow said:

The only correct thing to say on all this 

3 hours ago, Crossbow said:

I cant be bothered to type out again why you are wrong

Instead, I'm just registering my disgust, officially

DISGUST

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Millertime said:

DISGUST

You wanted McInnes to go. 

Lunatic 

Because 3rd is our place even when we aren’t and we should know that, ignoring any unjustified criticism however, em, justified in the process.

Oh and Rangers hampden semi.  Surely that counts for something, and please ignore Kenny Miller and Jason fucking Holt taking the piss in our home games because that was apparently a one off and not indicative in any way of the attitude in the club, we just didn’t like to speak about it.

Something like that?

1 hour ago, Granite95 said:

He did, on Twitter,  then retracted his comments, probably realising in his capacity as a journalist, he’d overstepped the mark, despite anyone with even half a brain cell already knowing Glass was manager in waiting 18 months before 

4 hours ago, Millertime said:

DISGUST

He’s 100% correct IMO. It’s only really you that can’t appreciate this… sometime I wonder if you ever question why everyone ridicules your opinions - and nobody ever agrees with you.  

The funny thing is, I do genuinely believe that you think we’re all completely thick lunatics and you are the only sane individual/intelligent life form who frequents this forum. 

• Upvote 5
5 hours ago, Granite95 said:

10th February 2020

9th March 2021

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/graham-hunter-aberdeen-manager-hint-23639932

Speaking on talkSPORT, Hunter said: "I would like an ex-player...

"Listen, you've put me in a bad position, I know who is getting it next, I can't say on the radio.

"I know who it is, and I was really pleased for him when I spoke to him last night, so there you go."

12th March 2021

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14316215/celtic-scott-brown-aberdeen-glass/

STEPHEN GLASS will bring in Celtic skipper Scott Brown as his No 2 if he lands the Aberdeen job.

SunSport can reveal the Hoops legend is the man Glass wants to be one of TWO high-profile backroom men at Pittodrie.

16th March 2021

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/aberdeen-chief-refutes-claims-stephen-glass-and-scott-brown-have-been-promised-management-roles-3167374

Update from the Chairman on RedTV

Mal: Can you please tell the fans a bit about the process that's in place for finding a new management team

Cormack: When we finish this interview here I am spending time with some of the other board members to go through the applications and the approaches we have made ourselves over the past week . . . Just to make it clear for everyone's sake not one person has been offered the job . . . We will go through a process and it will take as long as it might take, it might take 2 weeks, it might take longer but it's a process we have to go through. People that know me and you know me Mal, I'm a real process guy.

Mal: Have you been surprised by the volume of applications or even some of the names

Cormack: We've had applications from Scotland, from England, from Europe, multiple applications from the States. The thing to remember is Aberdeen is a storied club, it's a highly sought after position.

23rd March 2021

Stephen Glass announced as manager.

1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

He’s 100% correct IMO. It’s only really you that can’t appreciate this… sometime I wonder if you ever question why everyone ridicules your opinions - and nobody ever agrees with you.  

The funny thing is, I do genuinely believe that you think we’re all completely thick lunatics and you are the only sane individual/intelligent life form who frequents this forum. 

It's true

If loads of people think somethings true and a handful don't, it's likely that it's indeed not true

As the amount of people who are really clever are the minority 

Ie, Einstein,  aristotle

1 hour ago, SDY said:

10th February 2020

9th March 2021

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/graham-hunter-aberdeen-manager-hint-23639932

"Listen, you've put me in a bad position, I know who is getting it next, I can't say on the radio.

"I know who it is, and I was really pleased for him when I spoke to him last night, so there you go."

12th March 2021

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14316215/celtic-scott-brown-aberdeen-glass/

STEPHEN GLASS will bring in Celtic skipper Scott Brown as his No 2 if he lands the Aberdeen job.

SunSport can reveal the Hoops legend is the man Glass wants to be one of TWO high-profile backroom men at Pittodrie.

16th March 2021

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/aberdeen-chief-refutes-claims-stephen-glass-and-scott-brown-have-been-promised-management-roles-3167374

Mal: Can you please tell the fans a bit about the process that's in place for finding a new management team

Cormack: When we finish this interview here I am spending time with some of the other board members to go through the applications and the approaches we have made ourselves over the past week . . . Just to make it clear for everyone's sake not one person has been offered the job . . . We will go through a process and it will take as long as it might take, it might take 2 weeks, it might take longer but it's a process we have to go through. People that know me and you know me Mal, I'm a real process guy.

Mal: Have you been surprised by the volume of applications or even some of the names

Cormack: We've had applications from Scotland, from England, from Europe, multiple applications from the States. The thing to remember is Aberdeen is a storied club, it's a highly sought after position.

23rd March 2021

We didn’t need a reminder 

3 hours ago, SDY said:

10th February 2020

9th March 2021

12th March 2021

16th March 2021

23rd March 2021

Wow, looks even worse, if that can be, when displayed like that.

Have been greatly troubled since day one with the appointment. Not so much with Stephen Glass but with Dave Cormack and his feckin' "prawcess", which was total bullshit then and can be most definitely seen as total bullshit now.

It is 99% certain that after the next 3 games Cormack will have boxed himself into a corner with Glass's appointment and will find it really difficult to restore any faith in his overall stewardship of the Dons going forwards, unless he has really done his homework and has a really top notch replacement manager ready to be appointed.

However I fear that his egotistic, "I am always right" attitude may get in the way and prevent him from a prompt decision that is clearly required.

6 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Wow, looks even worse, if that can be, when displayed like that.

Have been greatly troubled since day one with the appointment. Not so much with Stephen Glass but with Dave Cormack and his feckin' "prawcess", which was total bullshit then and can be most definitely seen as total bullshit now.

It is 99% certain that after the next 3 games Cormack will have boxed himself into a corner with Glass's appointment and will find it really difficult to restore any faith in his overall stewardship of the Dons going forwards, unless he has really done his homework and has a really top notch replacement manager ready to be appointed.

However I fear that his egotistic, "I am always right" attitude may get in the way and prevent him from a prompt decision that is clearly required.

Surely there's a Saudi prince wanting one up on his cousin?

3 hours ago, SDY said:

10th February 2020

9th March 2021

12th March 2021

16th March 2021

23rd March 2021

You've spelt prawcess wrong 3 times. 

What a goon.

Next time he wants to hire a manager he should get a shortlist of around half a dozen….put it to a ballet and let the fans decide (probably would need to be season ticket holders). Then if it is a disaster he can blame them and give the fans endless abuse on social media. But if it works it will be a complete master stroke from the visionary chairman. 
i am pretty sure if it was down to six candidates when Glass got the job I would imagine he wouldn’t have been the fan’s choice.