Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

14 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

Next time he wants to hire a manager he should get a shortlist of around half a dozen….put it to a ballet and let the fans decide (probably would need to be season ticket holders). Then if it is a disaster he can blame them and give the fans endless abuse on social media. But if it works it will be a complete master stroke from the visionary chairman. 
i am pretty sure if it was down to six candidates when Glass got the job I would imagine he wouldn’t have been the fan’s choice. 

Are you proposing that the Season Ticket Holders have access / are involved in the Interview process?

Otherwise how do we make an informed choice.

would we have to buy into the clubs strategy?

Don’t think it would work to be honest, even if we had fan ownership 

18 minutes ago, BitWait said:

If the fans had any say , Glass would never have been appointed in the first place , most could see it was not the best choice. He is McCormack s man.

I’d dread to see who the fans would appoint.

Yogi Hughes? Neil Lennon? Give me a break.

Jim Goodwin? Nae convinced

Alex Neil? Nae convinced either. Was his success at Hamilton as a result of what Billy Reid had put in place? Sacked from both Norwich (good first season, then regressed) and Preston. 

51 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Think Neil did alright at Preston, and is still quite liked there.

Really?

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/two-wins-in-eleven-games.3434398/post-4053927

What pissed me off about Alex Neil in the end was him keep repeating the line ' the first goal kills us' even if said goal was scored in the second minute.
He sounded totally fed up perhaps not without reason but his negativity rubbed off on the players.
I'd be lying though if I said I wasn't concerned at the moment.
Our recruitment has been far too shallow and it would present a problem to an experienced coach.

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/two-wins-in-eleven-games.3434398/post-4054011

I was banging drum for a new approach in the summer, a fucking plan and identity. I suggested Russel martin at mk Dons (who btw may have appointed another excellent up and coming coach) as a direction I'd like to see the club take. Id have been pleased with that sort of appointment and been ready for a rocky season of inconsistency as a new manager with a strong philosophy tries to implement a new brave direction. Frankie doesn't get that time for me. He's been here ages, he's as fucking stale as Neil was if not more. Yet just cause it wasn't Neil loads love it.

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/two-wins-in-eleven-games.3434398/post-4054304

I've stated many times I felt when Alex first came into the club he was excellent and was a breath of fresh air.

We played some really good attacking football. A particular highlight was Hull away which was a great performance.

However Alex did have the benefit of having some quality players at his disposal. The squad was considerably better when he took charge than when Frankie did.

Sounds very McInnesesque, squad poorer when he left than when he took over

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/two-wins-in-eleven-games.3434398/post-4054356

No he didn't 
7th with Grayson's team
14th 
9th after being in the top 6 for half the season 
Last year, if he'd stayed, probably 20th or 21st,we'll never know. 
He was nothing special. He had one idea and no plan B

Another one sounding McInnesesque

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Are you proposing that the Season Ticket Holders have access / are involved in the Interview process?

Long term it wouldn't.

But I'm absolutely sure that either season ticket holders or even just the 'Hat members would have came up with a manager who would have proved himself to be far more capable than Glass has. There is just no getting away from it that Colgate has made one monumental fuck up in appointing his Atlanta buddy

13 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Long term it wouldn't.

But I'm absolutely sure that either season ticket holders or even just the 'Hat members would have came up with a manager who would have proved himself to be far more capable than Glass has. There is just no getting away from it that Colgate has made one monumental fuck up in appointing his Atlanta buddy

Poll on the Hat is a splendid idea. 

What could possibly go wrong when a group of well educated, informed, polite, football brains pull their knowledge/expertise together in a poll??

Alex Neil? Nae convinced either. Was his success at Hamilton as a result of what Billy Reid had put in place? Sacked from both Norwich (good first season, then regressed) and Preston. 

Are you suggesting Glass is better than Neil and Goodwin now? 

Do yo think McInnes is/was better than any of those you mention? 

Just curious, especially rgds Neil, as Neil has a better record than McInnes by comparison imo.

Questionably discrediting his work at Accies as Reid’s work is a bit of a stretch. Neil done a truly amazing job at Accies. Very Harsh to try take that away from him.

Great job at Norwich also for such an inexperienced manager. Compare that to McInnes at Bristol city & it’s absolutely worlds apart. 

All four of them would have more of a clue than Glass has, and would have given us a better start to the season than Glass has. I'm not saying I'd be overjoyed at any of them as our manager, but they'd undoubtedly be better than what we've currently got. 

3 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Do yo think McInnes is/was better than any of those you mention? 

Just curious, especially rgds Neil, as Neil has a better record than McInnes by comparison imo.

Questionably discrediting his work at Accies as Reid’s work is a bit of a stretch. Neil done a truly amazing job at Accies. Very Harsh to try take that away from him.

Great job at Norwich also for such an inexperienced manager. Compare that to McInnes at Bristol city & it’s absolutely worlds apart. 

• Do yo think McInnes is/was better than any of those you mention?
    Yes, I reckon out with Celtic, McInnes had a better record than Lennon for sure. Whilst Yogi Hughes might do a job for us, I don’t think it would get us where we want to be so absolutely the wrong appointment

As for Neil, I agree he had a great start to his managerial record at Accies, however my perception with all three clubs he’s been at is that he has a great start and then it starts to wane and they start getting poor results.

How long will Neil be out of the game for? Is anyone seriously looking at him to bring him into their team?

3 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

All four of them would have more of a clue than Glass has, and would have given us a better start to the season than Glass has. I'm not saying I'd be overjoyed at any of them as our manager, but they'd undoubtedly be better than what we've currently got. 

That wasn’t the point though. My reply was not specific to Glass as manager, just as to whom the fans would go for

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:
  • Do yo think McInnes is/was better than any of those you mention?
    Yes, I reckon out with Celtic, McInnes had a better record than Lennon for sure. Whilst Yogi Hughes might do a job for us, I don’t think it would get us where we want to be so absolutely the wrong appointment

As for Neil, I agree he had a great start to his managerial record at Accies, however my perception with all three clubs he’s been at is that he has a great start and then it starts to wane and they start getting poor results.

How long will Neil be out of the game for? Is anyone seriously looking at him to bring him into their team?

I think you're being very dismissive of Alex Neill. 

Got Hamilton promoted then had them doing well before going to Norwich in the January window. 

Won 17 out of 25 to get Norwich promoted. No surprise they were relegated the next year. 

Finished 7th and 9th in two of his three seasons with Preston in the Championship.

Won more games than he lost at all 3 clubs. 

It's a pretty decent record imo. 

Certainly better than our current manager's 28% career win record where he's lost more games than wins and draws put together. 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

I think you're being very dismissive of Alex Neill. 

Got Hamilton promoted then had them doing well before going to Norwich in the January window. 

Won 17 out of 25 to get Norwich promoted. No surprise they were relegated the next year. 

Finished 7th and 9th in two of his three seasons with Preston in the Championship.

Won more games than he lost at all 3 clubs. 

It's a pretty decent record imo. 

Certainly better than put current manager's 28% career win record where he's lost more games than wins and draws put together. 

Why humour him?

He truly is awful on here

10 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

It’s a great idea and will get more fan’s interested in the club. Imagine the idea of getting a vote to decide who the manager is if you have a season ticket (potentially could help with sales). 
The club start to whittle down the applicants and since everything is meant to be honest and out in the open regarding club affairs every applicant’s name is posted on the club’s social media/website etc. The directors decide who the six are and put the names forward and a simple voting ballot happens by the season ticket holders and the winner of the vote gets the job.