Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

1 hour ago, shooftahmooftah said:

More time to do what, take the dons into the 1st division championship league, as at this present time and form is where they are heading under glass and company. 

If he can't get the team to put in a good performance and get a good result against a team who are bottom of the league without a win, after having had 2 weeks to work with the players in training, and a pretty much fully fit squad mainly made up of guys he himself has brought in, then he is just as hopeless as i think he is. He couldn't really ask for a more favourable scenario (unless it was a home game I guess). We've not lost away at Dundee for ages though. Basically if he can't get win this game it's hard to see how he's ever going to win any other match this season!

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

How are Preston doing now? 

Better or worse than when Neil was in charge? 

Last I looked they were just above the relegation zone in the Championship. 

Eighteenth on eleven points with a goal difference of minus three and only three points above relegation zone

Won two, drawn five and lost four 

19 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Eighteenth on eleven point with a goal difference of minus three

Won two, drawn five and lost four 

So they've won 2 games out of 11. 

Maybe they aren't getting promoted because their budget is far less than most of the competition in that division then rather than because they had/have an incapable manager. 

Edit: 19th highest wage bill in the Championship apparently. 

1: £94.2m - Stoke City
2: £92.2m - West Brom
3: £90.7m - Swansea City
4: £62.6m - Huddersfield
5: £54.3m - Fulham
6: £48.7m - Middlesbrough
7: £46.4m - Cardiff City
8: £40.4m - Derby
9: £38.5m - Birmingham
10: £35.3m - Reading
11: £31.3m - Leeds
12: £31.1m - Hull
13: £30.6m - QPR
14: £29.3m - Sheff Wed
15: £27.7m - Nottm Forest
16: £27.2m - Bristol City
17: £17.1m - Brentford
18: £16.7m - Blackburn
19: £15.0m - Preston
20: £13.3m - Millwall
21: £11.7m - Wigan
22: £10.6m - Barnsley
23: £10.2m - Charlton
24: £6.2m - Luton

On 10/15/2021 at 11:16 AM, BitWait said:

If the fans had any say , Glass would never have been appointed in the first place , most could see it was not the best choice. He is McCormack s man.

We can simply not make a mistake in the next appointment - Cormack's reputation is on the line as is our position as a major club.  I'd go for stable hands in John Hughes for the rest of this season but is it beyond us to expect a big name in the dug out?  

We need to look past the John Hughes level, past the Alex Neil levels past the Paul Lambert level, past the Garry Monk level, and go for an AVB.

AVB loves Scotland, from his coaching badge here, very grounded - a man of principle, he learnt from Sir Bobby Robson.  He has nothing to prove to anyone and would transform Aberdeen.

Alternatively, Frank De Boer could be tempted, and Frank Lampard needs to step back down a level to rebuild his career.

Lets aim high, and stop with this Alex Neil rubbish 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Alex Ferguson said:

We can simply not make a mistake in the next appointment - Cormack's reputation is on the line as is our position as a major club.  I'd go for stable hands in John Hughes for the rest of this season but is it beyond us to expect a big name in the dug out?  

We need to look past the John Hughes level, past the Alex Neil levels past the Paul Lambert level, past the Garry Monk level, and go for an AVB.

AVB loves Scotland, from his coaching badge here, very grounded - a man of principle, he learnt from Sir Bobby Robson.  He has nothing to prove to anyone and would transform Aberdeen.

Alternatively, Frank De Boer could be tempted, and Frank Lampard needs to step back down a level to rebuild his career.

Omfg ???

6 minutes ago, Alex Ferguson said:

What in the absolute fuck did I just read?

Jesus Christ 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

How are Preston doing now? 

Better or worse than when Neil was in charge? 

Last I looked they were just above the relegation zone in the Championship. 

Immediately much better. His placing sat Preston were (in order), 7th, 14th, 9th, 16th.

When he left Preston he had them in 16th with 8 games to go. His assistant Frankie McAvoy (assistant at Hamilton, Norwich and Preston) then won 5 out of the 8 to raise them to 13th gaining 17 points out of 24 (so only one loss)

This season, they started poorly, losing their opening 3 games, before going on a 7 match unbeaten run, although mainly draws (2 wins, 5 draws) before losing to QPR.

They’re in a pack though where their only 2 wins short of 7th place.

Is Frankie the man for them? Who knows and who cares. You’re just deflecting from how Preston regressed over the 4 years Alex Neil was there

1 minute ago, afc1903mad said:

Immediately much better. His placing sat Preston were (in order), 7th, 14th, 9th, 16th.

When he left Preston he had them in 16th with 8 games to go. His assistant Frankie McAvoy (assistant at Hamilton, Norwich and Preston) then won 5 out of the 8 to raise them to 13th gaining 17 points out of 24 (so only one loss)

This season, they started poorly, losing their opening 3 games, before going on a 7 match unbeaten run, although mainly draws (2 wins, 5 draws) before losing to QPR.

They’re in a pack though where their only 2 wins short of 7th place.

Is Frankie the man for them? Who knows and who cares. You’re just deflecting from how Preston regressed over the 4 years Alex Neil was there

You're boring me now. 

But he clearly punched above his weight for almost his entire time at Preston 

21 minutes ago, Alex Ferguson said:

I watched the Fergie “Never Give In” documentary.

You should give it a try

Just now, afc1903mad said:

Debateable, but by the above you firmly believe that he would have us punching above our weight.

Get him in then if it will guarantee 1st or 2nd.

I hugely doubt it though

I'd say he's punched above his weight for most of his managerial career. 

I'm nae fussed if he comes or not. I just want a proper manager in charge. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

So they've won 2 games out of 11. 

Maybe they aren't getting promoted because their budget is far less than most of the competition in that division then rather than because they had/have an incapable manager. 

Edit: 19th highest wage bill in the Championship apparently. 

Lower budget and I think they’ve been selling off their best players and not replacing them, which won’t help either

16 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You're boring me now. 

But he clearly punched above his weight for almost his entire time at Preston 

And at one stage 2 season ago had nearly the whole side oot injured for ages,and still managed to finish mid table.

Sir Alex also said Neil gets extra out of average players,like he had at Preston.