Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

1 hour ago, Dad said:

Apologies - last night, that's the one I meant

No more vodka for me

Fucking horlicks is too strong for you

Delboy isn't getting the Portsmouth job. Nor will he get Charlton......it's a race between them to see who will pull the trigger on their current managers first

Doncaster.....in the same boat. Now that is a job he might have a bit of a chance at. Will his ego allow him to even apply though?

2 minutes ago, Dad said:

No fucking way is Adkins getting canned by Charlton son - he's a fucking hero.

Few weeks - he'll have put a winning run together that suggests silverware is inevitable ?

Del becomes manager of Portsmouth, you're buying a DWT t-shirt - you hear me son

And if he doesn't......you post a video on here of you building a bonfire and throw the lot on top?

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Dad said:

No

If he does - you do. If he doesnae, that's that.

I'm only buying one if he is appointed on the basis that if he doesn't there is a forfeit for you if he isn't

I'm now pointing out that in spite of your denials that you are a jinxing auld cunt..............you persuaded me to invest in a soda stream machine earlier this year. Fast forward a few months.......and the world suffers it's first ever carbon dioxide shortage. Can't get a refill fucking anywhere. (I don't use anywhere near enough to make the monthly in-house refill by post scheme worthwhile)

• Haha 2
52 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I'm only buying one if he is appointed on the basis that if he doesn't there is a forfeit for you if he isn't

I'm now pointing out that in spite of your denials that you are a jinxing auld cunt..............you persuaded me to invest in a soda stream machine earlier this year. Fast forward a few months.......and the world suffers it's first ever carbon dioxide shortage. Can't get a refill fucking anywhere. (I don't use anywhere near enough to make the monthly in-house refill by post scheme worthwhile)

Dad invested his inheritance in 8 track cassettes & the Sinclair C5. 

18 hours ago, Dad said:

No fucking way is Adkins getting canned by Charlton son - he's a fucking hero.

Few weeks - he'll have put a winning run together that suggests silverware is inevitable ?

Del becomes manager of Portsmouth, you're buying a DWT t-shirt - you hear me son

26 minutes ago, Kent_red said:

Oh dear - That’s Charlton sacked Adkins this morning

? ? ?

King Jonah strikes again

15 minutes ago, Dad said:

Here - that wasnae the fucking deal

You said delboy would be the next Portsmouth manager

I said he won't be.......and generously threw in another job I said he won't get on top as a wee freebie for you. A job you said wouldn't even be available. A job that did become available in well under 24 hours........

The 'Hat wants to see those t-shirts go up in flames. Think of it as saving you excess baggage fees when you fuck off to New Hampshire. I'll be saving you a good few ££.......you know it makes sense.

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Do you think McInnes is even interested in these jobs down south? 

I get the impression that he was scarred permanently by the Bristol City job and being a small fish in a big pond down south. 

Much more comfortable in Scotland being a relatively big fish in a tiny pond. 

He didn't reject the Sunderland job out of hand when it was his for the taking

They were of course an absolute basket case at that point so he may only have went for a look around and give them a hearing out of courtesy. Or to see if it might have been a viable option if their board could've given him some assurances about their future direction. I'd suggest though, that Sunderland are a club, in spite of the massive stadium and large fan base, that are only marginally bigger than Portsmouth or Charlton. They've all been stuck in EFL1 for a while now so I'd contend that size difference is even less.......they should all be sitting comfortably in the Championship and if they could get there, Sunderland should be considered as genuine promotion to the Premier candidates.

He would have jumped at any offer from a Championship club I think from about 2016/17 onwards. However he took us slowly backwards as a club in his last 3 seasons with us and his stock as a manager has suffered. The pay we gave him however means that he's financially comfortable and can afford never to manage again if he doesn't want. I suspect his ego makes him think that the English Championship is where he should be. But in reality his only chance of getting a gig down south is taking on a job in the lower reaches of EFL1 (and not including Charlton or Portsmouth who are there atm but won't be interested in him regardless) or EFL2. Doing well at that level........ie winning a team promotion.......and he might get noticed by slightly bigger teams.

In Scotland, I only think the Edinburgh clubs would be of interest to him right now. United might come into the equation in a couple of years time, along with 'Well and a St J return if he finds he's lacking in offers from England. But by that time the Scotland job will also be nearing becoming available. If Clarke had fucked up WC qualification and hadn't gotten his new contract, he would have probably been the default first choice for it right now. With a couple of years of inactivity......will he still be viewed as that?

3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

They were of course an absolute basket case at that point so he may only have went for a look around and give them a hearing out of courtesy. Or to see if it might have been a viable option if their board could've given him some assurances about their future direction. I'd suggest though, that Sunderland are a club, in spite of the massive stadium and large fan base, that are only marginally bigger than Portsmouth or Charlton. They've all been stuck in EFL1 for a while now so I'd contend that size difference is even less.......they should all be sitting comfortably in the Championship and if they could get there, Sunderland should be considered as genuine promotion to the Premier candidates.

He would have jumped at any offer from a Championship club I think from about 2016/17 onwards. However he took us slowly backwards as a club in his last 3 seasons with us and his stock as a manager has suffered. The pay we gave him however means that he's financially comfortable and can afford never to manage again if he doesn't want. I suspect his ego makes him think that the English Championship is where he should be. But in reality his only chance of getting a gig down south is taking on a job in the lower reaches of EFL1 (and not including Charlton or Portsmouth who are there atm but won't be interested in him regardless) or EFL2. Doing well at that level........ie winning a team promotion.......and he might get noticed by slightly bigger teams.

In Scotland, I only think the Edinburgh clubs would be of interest to him right now. United might come into the equation in a couple of years time, along with 'Well and a St J return if he finds he's lacking in offers from England. But by that time the Scotland job will also be nearing becoming available. If Clarke had fucked up WC qualification and hadn't gotten his new contract, he would have probably been the default first choice for it right now. With a couple of years of inactivity......will he still be viewed as that?

I think he'll be happy to sit around until something in Scotland becomes available. Might have to sit around for a while though as the jobs he'd be interested in aren't available as the managers in those posts are doing reasonably well (Scotland,  Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United). 

He'll be in no rush though. Pay off from us,  media money and keeping his hand in at coaching with the SFA will keep the pennies coming in whilst allowing him plenty of time to get value from that Old Course membership he's stumped up for. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Do you think McInnes is even interested in these jobs down south? 

I get the impression that he was scarred permanently by the Bristol City job and being a small fish in a big pond down south. 

Much more comfortable in Scotland being a relatively big fish in a tiny pond. 

Hun DMC on record as saying he has " unfinished business" in England

48 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Shit in shoe McCall, has  said the sleekit fucker turned down approaches that we never got to hear about, 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Yep. 

Neil got a team promoted to the English Premier League 

McInnes won a Scottish League Cup. 

It's no contest in the eyes of chairmen down south

This is an important part and 7 Championship chairman have “overlooked” Alex Neil since he left Preston.

Struggling to think who would opt for DM

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that McInnes could land a job at a struggling English Championship club. Stranger things have happened. 

But I think turning down Sunderland and Huns in quick succession when rumoured to be very close to accepting both jobs worked against him.  Would make most chairman think he was a bit flighty and a potential waste of their time. 

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

This is an important part and 7 Championship chairman have “overlooked” Alex Neil since he left Preston.

Struggling to think who would opt for DM

I think Neil will be very much in the picture for the Charlton job and/or the Portsmouth one when it inevitably becomes available

Given that he seems to be the 'hats majority preferrred candidate to replace Mr Glass, I respectfully request that Mr Cormack get's his finger out and makes him an offer before that boat sails