Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

Folk saying this page is Neil Lennon. Certainly tweets things he would say. 

There was an article a few years back about him having two Siamese cats. Hence the username. 

I reckon it's him like. If you google things he tweets you can see that he's used the same language in press conferences when he was employed. 

2 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Folk saying this page is Neil Lennon. Certainly tweets things he would say. 

There was an article a few years back about him having two Siamese cats. Hence the username. 

I reckon it's him like. If you google things he tweets you can see that he's used the same language in press conferences when he was employed. 

I could imagine any BHOY would want Del as Sevco manager huge chance for them to add another 2 titles in the bag before he’s sacked 

AFC has proved to be a graveyard for manager careers pretty much since Fergie left.  McInnes will join a long list of ex-managers whose career highlight was managing the Dons.

The question is whether he goes the route of never managing again (W Miller, Aitken, Brown), managing at a much lower level (Skovdahl, Paterson, Smith, A Miller) or making a few cameo roles where you prove that you really are a crap manager (Calderwood, McGhee).   My guess is that he will fall in with the third category, eventually getting sacked by the likes of Kilmarnock or St Johnstone. 

18 minutes ago, Stavrogin said:

AFC has proved to be a graveyard for manager careers pretty much since Fergie left.  McInnes will join a long list of ex-managers whose career highlight was managing the Dons.

The question is whether he goes the route of never managing again (W Miller, Aitken, Brown), managing at a much lower level (Skovdahl, Paterson, Smith, A Miller) or making a few cameo roles where you prove that you really are a crap manager (Calderwood, McGhee).   My guess is that he will fall in with the third category, eventually getting sacked by the likes of Kilmarnock or St Johnstone. 

I really hate this post because it is true.

30 minutes ago, Stavrogin said:

True of every manager, including Fergie.

• Upvote 1
51 minutes ago, Stavrogin said:

although I'd expect Ebbe would view his time at Bronby (where he won 4 league titles, 3 cups, reached the Champions League Quarter Final, and beat Liverpool in UEFA Cup) to be more of a highlight than leading Aberdeen to one top four finish and a 7-0 aggregate in cup final defeats.

• Haha 2
20 hours ago, Stavrogin said:

Alex Miller went to Liverpool after Aberdeen. Although not as manager, he was first team coach when they won the Champions League in 2005. I'm sure that was more of a career highlight than being a failure at Aberdeen. 

He also won the League Cup as manager of Hibs before joining Aberdeen, so there's that also. 

Craig Brown led Scotland to a World Cup. I'm pretty sure he looks back on that more fondly than securing 9th place. 

2 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Even they wouldn’t dream of taking a chance on him. He’s done. Good to see him on Sportscene last night…no hard feelings ?

It wasn't good to see him on Sportscene. No Huns on the pitch, so they had Thompson, Burke and McInness all on the couch.

To be fair though, Burke came across the best for commenting that we've seen on that programme for a long time. Far better than the usual guests they have (Kerr, McFadden etc)

11 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Alex Miller went to Liverpool after Aberdeen. Although not as manager, he was first team coach when they won the Champions League in 2005. I'm sure that was more of a career highlight than being a failure at Aberdeen. 

He also won the League Cup as manager of Hibs before joining Aberdeen, so there's that also. 

Craig Brown led Scotland to a World Cup. I'm pretty sure he looks back on that more fondly than securing 9th place. 

Tommy Craig landed first team coach role under Sir Bobby Robson at Newcastle.

Roy Aitken went on to be assistant at Leeds Utd and Aston villa, 

Alex miller, head scout and first team coach under Houllier and Benitez, 

Steve Paterson, threatening to fire bomb folks houses,

3 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

It wasn't good to see him on Sportscene. No Huns on the pitch, so they had Thompson, Burke and McInness all on the couch.

To be fair though, Burke came across the best for commenting that we've seen on that programme for a long time. Far better than the usual guests they have (Kerr, McFadden etc)

The best thing I have seen Burke do is collapse on the pitch at Pittodrie due to heat exhaustion. 

3 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

I find Burke to be the least coherent (or most incoherent) pundit of all of them.  He may have valid points to make, but I've never heard them.  The man struggles to form words.