Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

14 hours ago, Yorston Vasey said:

Ipswich job available, I'm sure I've done a post about that on this thread before. This is his time.

The Ipswich job seems to be available every few months. Definitely one to avoid. 

McInnes should be looking at at the Championship (in England) but the problem is they're all financial basket cases and he won't get a long term project like he did at AFC. 

1 hour ago, Dynamo said:

The Ipswich job seems to be available every few months. Definitely one to avoid. 

McInnes should be looking at at the Championship (in England) but the problem is they're all financial basket cases and he won't get a long term project like he did at AFC. 

OR get the luxury of the media blowing smoke up his arse and making him out to the best thing since sliced bread

On 12/5/2021 at 12:49 PM, Zeus said:

English fitba - LOL

On 12/6/2021 at 2:52 AM, graham said:

Derek McInnes getting a job at a good level in English football is an utter fantasy.

3 hours ago, Torry Tosser said:

Preston job available... 

Davidson to Preston I wouldn’t be surprised to see Mcinnes back at St’s

8 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Davidson to Preston I wouldn’t be surprised to see Mcinnes back at St’s

I'd be surprised if the go for Davidson.

Got rid of Neil (failed Scotsman at Preston)

Got rid of Frankie McAvoy (assistant to Neil who is also a failing Scotsman)

Davidson (was extremely successful Scotsman last season but struggling this year)

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

Davidson (was extremely successful Scotsman last season but struggling this year)

They're nearly the worst funded team in the Championship, the bigger name managers available probably won't be too interested. 

Even so, the pay there would be a significant rise on what Davidson is earning right now. And he's proven he can work miracles with an extremely limited playing budget. Albeit this season hasn't turned out anything like as well as last season, although in mitigation he has had his 2 best players from then sold and his first choice striker left under freedom of contract.

Preston won't expect miracles from whoever they appoint. All they want is for their manager to keep them safe from relegation each year. But they do seem to be very quick to pull the trigger if they're in any way at risk of taking the tumble in mid-season. Davidson spent the longest time in his career as a player with Preston and it seems he's still quite fondly remembered there. A quick look at a couple of their fansites show that whilst he's not their first choice for the job (majority want Blackpool's manager but that's the equivalent in that part of the world of Hearts having a vacancy and pinching the incumbent Hibs manager so unlikely) he's near the top of their wishlist.

I'd be surprised if he isn't at least interviewed

I have often thought that Derek McInnes future is bound up with the  destiny and career of Callum Davidson.If Callum Davidson were to move onwards and upwards then Derek McInnes would be the ideal man for the St Johnstone post.He gets on well with Geoff and Steve Brown ,he would be a popular  appointment for the Perth fans.Safe pair of hands,try and get us in the top six,win a few cup ties.Derek McInnes could probably achieve that remit in time.                                                                        There is virtually nowhere else for Derek McInnes to go.Morton might have appealed but the club are in a terrible state.Rangers were going to appoint a Scottish coach but he is persona non grata there.English football is just not going to happen,unless he wants to manage Morecambe or Fleetwood Town or Bristol Rovers or MK Dons for a year.                                                                         A pundit on Premier Sports and occasional seat on the Sportscene setee to top up his Pittodrie pay off.That is where he is at now.      Byrne Baby Byrne is right.The McInnes era is now over.He was sacked.Not the fanciful story that he tried to spin.I was furious the time he hung about.In normal circumstances there would have been demonstrations at the front door and scenes ! Thank goodness he is now gone.

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

I thought you said McAvoy was doing a better job than Neil.  

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

They're nearly the worst funded team in the Championship, the bigger name managers available probably won't be too interested. 

Even so, the pay there would be a significant rise on what Davidson is earning right now. And he's proven he can work miracles with an extremely limited playing budget. Albeit this season hasn't turned out anything like as well as last season, although in mitigation he has had his 2 best players from then sold and his first choice striker left under freedom of contract.

Preston won't expect miracles from whoever they appoint. All they want is for their manager to keep them safe from relegation each year. But they do seem to be very quick to pull the trigger if they're in any way at risk of taking the tumble in mid-season. Davidson spent the longest time in his career as a player with Preston and it seems he's still quite fondly remembered there. A quick look at a couple of their fansites show that whilst he's not their first choice for the job (majority want Blackpool's manager but that's the equivalent in that part of the world of Hearts having a vacancy and pinching the incumbent Hibs manager so unlikely) he's near the top of their wishlist.

I'd be surprised if he isn't at least interviewed

I agree that they'll be interested in Davidson. 

Will be interesting to see if he feels the same way 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I thought you said McAvoy was doing a better job than Neil.  

He was and did, however it seems he could not sustain it.

Are you the sort of poster to watch out for bringing up historical posts that are irrelevant to the current time in a desperation to try and appear to get the upper hand?