Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

58 minutes ago, ClayholeRed said:

You need a lot more help than McInnes - biggest clown I ever witnessed on a football forum. Can only hope you trying to be funny - sadly I have news for you on that front as well.....your patter is horrific but hey if it makes you feel like you have a purpose in life fair play.  

You are chomping more than Jack Gurr and let’s be honest he has a fair set of gnashers. Are you a McInnes? How is the most boring manager enjoying his unemployment? Tell him to get in touch if he wants counselling. I will do the first session for free….he will need over 100 anyway.

33 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

What would make you think he didn't? 

Thought it was quoted in the papers at the time mccinnes and Aberdeen got sick of waiting to see if the rangers made a move or not after a week or so of speculation put a statement out saying he had no interest in going to them 

46 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

So he was on even more money? You do realise that just makes your point even more ridiculous 

Players turn down new contracts all the time when they want a new challenge/more money/change of scenery etc

Why should it be any different for a manager?

Some  even resign midway through a contract when they realise it isn't working.  Always looks better on their CV than being fired.......

Bizarre you don;t seem to understand any of this

29 minutes ago, Millertime said:

He turned them down!!

The inferiority complex too many on here have with regards to that lot is pathetic 

Just because he talked to them, so what?

He rejected them

And if the story is to be believed he did so in very gallant circumstances, sevco wanted him to resign so they could avoid paying us compensation. So he walked away....but he did instantly gain a much improved contract from Milne into the bargain as a reward. And he'd get 2 more beyond that.

However you must realise that our hatred for clubs that play(ed) in Govan trumps almost everything. 

You seem to think it's acceptable for employees of our club to join them, or even consider doing so. I'd suggest Aberdeen aren't the club for you if you do

7 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Players turn down new contracts all the time when they want a new challenge/more money/change of scenery etc

Why should it be any different for a manager?

Some  even resign midway through a contract when they realise it isn't working.  Always looks better on their CV than being fired.......

Bizarre you don;t seem to understand any of this

I do understand that. But it’s not exactly relevant to what you said is it?

What is it youre saying here?

You said you think if he rejected the contract and left at the end of his previous deal he’d have left with the best of regards…. So you think he should have said no cause he was offered too much money? Why would he do that?

Give a few examples of managers who have resigned midway through their contract cause it wasn’t going well then? Cause it doesn’t happen often. Football managers pretty much always eventually get sacked if not headhunted

8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

An ex-player of ours resigned his manager's job about 12 hours ago....

Who?

7 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Mr Gerrard resigned from the tribute act about a month back

Aston Villa paid sevco compensation, he didn’t resign….

Managers tend not to resign. Especially when offered lucrative salaries at clubs they’ve had success and are popular at. 

33 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

And if the story is to be believed he did so in very gallant circumstances, sevco wanted him to resign so they could avoid paying us compensation. So he walked away....but he did instantly gain a much improved contract from Milne into the bargain as a reward. And he'd get 2 more beyond that.

However you must realise that our hatred for clubs that play(ed) in Govan trumps almost everything. 

You seem to think it's acceptable for employees of our club to join them, or even consider doing so. I'd suggest Aberdeen aren't the club for you if you do

No, what I think instead is something fundamental that you need to understand

"Your" club, in the grand scheme of things , aren't a big pull in Scotland 

Or anywhere

Unless you want to go down the bilbao route (in which case AFC would be goosed), then you need to accept the reality

This inferiority complex does you no good, at all

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

No, what I think instead is something fundamental that you need to understand

"Your" club, in the grand scheme of things , aren't a big pull in Scotland 

Or anywhere

Unless you want to go down the bilbao route (in which case AFC would be goosed), then you need to accept the reality

This inferiority complex does you no good, at all

When it comes to mccinnes I can’t believe I agree with a lot of what millertime says. Fuck I must be a hun. I need to have a long hard look at myself 

19 minutes ago, thurso said:

When it comes to mccinnes I can’t believe I agree with a lot of what millertime says. Fuck I must be a hun. I need to have a long hard look at myself 

No no, this is what you need to learn

You don't have to try and prove you hate them all the time

They dont hate us anywhere near as much, why do you think that is?

17 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Desperately shifting the goal posts to make it look like he did a shite job. I just dont get it. Aberdeen have been crap for 30 years and were pretty much crap before Fergie came in too, why do we have to look back on one of the only periods where we have been decent and try to make it look shite.

Folk need to look forward and stop talking about the guy every day but it's just so odd the sheer hatred so many seem to have for a guy who took a terrible Aberdeen side who were stuck in 9th every season and made them competitive. Even at our absolutely most horrendous worst, which was bad, we finished 4th. I'll be stunned if we are close to that in the first season he's away.

What is it that makes everyone so bitter?

This is why I like u bbb

18 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

It was time to go but I'll never understand the bitterness. A lot of good wins, good games and boozy away days under McInnes. I can't be arsed attending any games at the moment... but was the same at the end of his reign ana!

He stayed too long and had seemed to just accept our lot.

If you have ever lost a friend or relative to a progressive disease you might know that for the longest time after they are gone it is hard to remember who they were before their illness. It comes back eventually, but it takes time.

I think for now we are remembering McInnes the disease rather than any qualities he might have had before he became the problem.

5 hours ago, redcryptoknight said:

Aberdeen under McInnes peaked the year we lost to Celtic in the cup final and Rogic scored the winner in the 92nd minutes. I think that broke McInnes. It was downhill all the way from that.

We got absolutely horsed in the league cup final that season and didn’t make an attempt to beat Celtic. If that is the season of peaking then I suggest others look at what McInnes actually done. 

On 12/10/2021 at 7:56 AM, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Desperately shifting the goal posts to make it look like he did a shite job. I just dont get it. Aberdeen have been crap for 30 years and were pretty much crap before Fergie came in too, why do we have to look back on one of the only periods where we have been decent and try to make it look shite.

Folk need to look forward and stop talking about the guy every day but it's just so odd the sheer hatred so many seem to have for a guy who took a terrible Aberdeen side who were stuck in 9th every season and made them competitive. Even at our absolutely most horrendous worst, which was bad, we finished 4th. I'll be stunned if we are close to that in the first season he's away.

What is it that makes everyone so bitter?

Stunned? We’re only 4 points behind 4th at the moment.

It’s absolutely achievable to finish the season 4th

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Millertime said:

No no, this is what you need to learn

You don't have to try and prove you hate them all the time

They dont hate us anywhere near as much, why do you think that is?

Cos they are thick, tinky, clueless cunts that only hate others due to their for their religious beliefs?

I think thats why.

Likely thats the reason you don't hate them like we do too. 

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Stunned? We’re only 4 points behind 4th at the moment.

It’s absolutely achievable to finish the season 4th

Absolutely hope we can finish at least there if not higher. 

don’t remember us being lower than 4th throughout a league season so fighting to get as high as that is grim. But hopefully it is just the new players settling in and we go on a run…. Then win the league next season

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Absolutely hope we can finish at least there if not higher. 

don’t remember us being lower than 4th throughout a league season so fighting to get as high as that is grim. But hopefully it is just the new players settling in and we go on a run…. Then win the league next season

Eh? Are you a child or have you suffered a brain injury?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
12 hours ago, thurso said:

Yeah but all his opinions on Mcinnes were 99% based purely on his looks/beard/articulation in interviews & the fact that he is a weegie. MT doesn’t have the mental capacity/abilities to assess anyone from an actual football ability/performance type way because he is a complete idiot & doesn’t even know the offside rule, or what the wee semi circle is on the edge of the penalty box is for.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
8 hours ago, redcryptoknight said:

Aberdeen under McInnes peaked the year we lost to Celtic in the cup final and Rogic scored the winner in the 92nd minutes. I think that broke McInnes. It was downhill all the way from that.

I don’t think it was that particular  game that broke McInnes.....it was the fact that the team broke up over the next year or two.  Without checking , I  think  Hayes and  McGinn  had left by the start of the following season. And , of course , Jack who was an important player for us when we were at our best in 2016/17. And I think by the start of the 2018/19/season we’d lost McLean. 

And some key  players were becoming poorer simply through age eg Rooney, Reynolds and Logan.

Despite what many Dons fans seem to think , it’s not easy to replace players of that quality on our budget, and especially when we didn’t really get all that much in the way of transfer fees for the players we’d lost. 

Hibs could do far worse than appoint McInnes. I'm sure he would do a good job there for a few years anyway. His time here was up and it got very stale near the end (but then it usually does with manager's who stay in one post as long as he did) but overall he was a very good and consistent manager for us. 

The product on display was eye bleeding at times especially near the end (though not always in other periods we were a good watch scoring plenty of goals). At the end of the day Scotland is a low budget league where teams play eye bleeding football a large majority of the time. St Johnstone won two cups last season doing just that.