Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

That's a decent gig for McInnes... Big club in the Championship, won't have the 'Bigger Club' nerves he seemed to routinely suffer... at least not until/if they get promoted. 

Love to see a Glass vs McInnes matchup. 

Would put my money on McInnes, though. 

Good luck to the man. 

2 hours ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Kilmarnock  appointment  he has found his level

Looks like he's given up his dream of returning to the lowest league's in England

Perhaps he will come in for the likes of  Connor McLennan,  Campbell  and Kennedy 

We can always hope

Where is this even from? 

Dont remember him ever saying he wanted to go to England. 

36 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Where is this even from? 

Dont remember him ever saying he wanted to go to England. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/derek-mcinnes-eyes-next-job-but-wants-more-trophies-first-zr92hm96j This is from October 2020

https://www.bt.com/sport/news/2021/april/derek-mcinnes-open-to-england-return-as-he-considers-next-move April 2021

Sure there are more but this was a quick google 

3 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Aye fair enough

Second one is basically him saying he'll take a job anywhere but top link certainly shows he wanted to move upwards and probably not to Kilmarnock

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

Here is a question for you lot….

Who will last the longest at their current club as manager, Stephen Glass or Derek McInnes? 

McInnes will get the full 18 months of his contract I think - if he gets them promoted at any point in that he'll get an extension. If he doesn't he'll go.  I think McInnes probably will get them up at some point in the next 18 months - so 18 months is the minimum he'll be there I reckon.

Glass is more than likely going to get until the end of this season at the very least, even if we end up mid table mediocrity. The only way he's getting punted before summer is if we go on another massive losing streak / get knocked out by a diddy team in the cup, and fan pressure gets too much. Unless there's improvements in performances and results next season I think that will be his last. Next season we need to be challenging at the top of the league and getting to cup finals etc - a second season of mid-table mediocrity and he'll be away. Although the league is terrible and it wouldn't take much to get back to say 3rd place and one cup final next season, I don't really have much confidence in Glass' ability to achieve it, based on what I've seen so far.

So, with all that in mind - I'd say McInnes will last longer. What do you reckon?

3 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

McInnes will get the full 18 months of his contract I think - if he gets them promoted at any point in that he'll get an extension. If he doesn't he'll go.  I think McInnes probably will get them up at some point in the next 18 months - so 18 months is the minimum he'll be there I reckon.

Glass is more than likely going to get until the end of this season at the very least, even if we end up mid table mediocrity. The only way he's getting punted before summer is if we go on another massive losing streak / get knocked out by a diddy team in the cup, and fan pressure gets too much. Unless there's improvements in performances and results next season I think that will be his last. Next season we need to be challenging at the top of the league and getting to cup finals etc - a second season of mid-table mediocrity and he'll be away. Although the league is terrible and it wouldn't take much to get back to say 3rd place and one cup final next season, I don't really have much confidence in Glass' ability to achieve it, based on what I've seen so far.

So, with all that in mind - I'd say McInnes will last longer. What do you reckon?

If McInnes can't get them promoted this season being 5 points off part time Arbroath at the top of the league, with a game in hand, it has to be considered a failure. 

They are almost definitely in the play offs as well, so there's no excuses for him should they not go up. 

Although, I'm sure he'll find some. 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

If McInnes can't get them promoted this season being 5 points off part time Arbroath at the top of the league, with a game in hand, it has to be considered a failure. 

They are almost definitely in the play offs as well, so there's no excuses for him should they not go up. 

Although, I'm sure he'll find some. 

I wouldn't fancy their chances v Ross County or Livi in a play off. And St Johnstone are bound to improve too now that Davidson is getting funds to bring in new players. The only teams I think they'd have a reasonable chance against would be Dundee (who I now think will be the team to go down automatically) or St Mirren who blow hot (not too often) and cold (sometimes freezing)

2 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

I think McInnes will leave at the end of the season as he won’t get Kilmarnock promoted. Glass will be here next season. 
So Glass will last longer in my opinion.

On 1/5/2022 at 2:31 AM, huncunts said:

Has anyone such as a director and not wannabe ITKs confirmed he was on £17k odd? Although the wage seems very high it was probably extremely good value to the club considering the income he generated from consistent results and attendances. Didn't need a massive structure or squad either like Stephen G. 

If he doesn't have Killie above us next season if we still have Glass I'll be quite surprised. 

Not happening.

22 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Aye fair enough

Second one is basically him saying he'll take a job anywhere but top link certainly shows he wanted to move upwards and probably not to Kilmarnock

Pretty obvious he was holding out for a job down south which hasnt happened so he’s realised he now needs to get back to work or he’ll disappear off the radar forever. 
He’ll be pissed off now he never went for the dufc last summer. 

Going from us to the Scottish Championship wont have been part of his plan.

48 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Pretty obvious he was holding out for a job down south which hasnt happened so he’s realised he now needs to get back to work or he’ll disappear off the radar forever. 
He’ll be pissed off now he never went for the dufc last summer. 

Going from us to the Scottish Championship wont have been part of his plan.

No but that doesn't reflect well on AFC or the SPFL either - the message is: do well over a sustained period with the 3rd biggest club and it still won't register with any non-Scottish clubs.

Same thing happened with Calderwood - he thought he would be a shoe-in for another job after the Copenhagen / Bayern games, never got a peep.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Dandiesmin68 said:

I'm just hoping he comes & takes some of his dregs from us ?

No way in hell will he make those fk ups again ?

In all seriousness, which players would he genuinely want to take from us?

Maybe a couple of the old timers but doubt Killie could/would pay for their wages. 

No chance he would fk up taking Kennedy again. 
I reckon the only realistic players he would get on cheap wages is McLennan

Any others would either be a serious ‘once bitten twice shy’ or partly funded loan/wages by Aberdeen 

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

No way in hell will he make those fk ups again ?

In all seriousness, which players would he genuinely want to take from us?

Maybe a couple of the old timers but doubt Killie could/would pay for their wages. 

No chance he would fk up taking Kennedy again. 
I reckon the only realistic players he would get on cheap wages is McLennan

Any others would either be a serious ‘once bitten twice shy’ or partly funded loan/wages by Aberdeen 

Thanks, the forum is now a lot more the wiser 

Right lads surely it's time to put this thread to bed and move on now.

While McInnes brought stability, long overdue silverware and credibility back to Aberdeen it was also evident that he had run out of ideas, motivation and favour with the club and it was best for all parties involved that he move on when he did.

Because of this he goes with my thanks for all the good times and the memories and wish him luck in his role with Kilmarnock as long as he does not come back to haunt us anytime soon ?

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Right lads surely it's time to put this thread to bed and move on now.

While McInnes brought stability, long overdue silverware and credibility back to Aberdeen it was also evident that he had run out of ideas, motivation and favour with the club and it was best for all parties involved that he move on when he did.

Because of this he goes with my thanks for all the good times and the memories and wish him luck in his role with Kilmarnock as long as he does not come back to haunt us anytime soon ?

Exactly. 

He's yesterday's news. 

The fact he's ended up at Killie proves that.