Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

55 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

What has his arsehole son had to say on his latest appointment?

He was quite vocal about Derek moving onto bigger and better things when he left us.

Sweet FA unsurpringly.

Quite funny seeing how many DM's he sent folk saying his da was bigger than us/would move onto bigger + better

Feel sorry for Arbroath if they get done over by Killie’s budget & desperation to buy their way back into too flight.

They already have biggest budget & strongest squad but will likely throw another bundle at Mcinnes. 

doubt 5 points with Killies game in hand will be enough cushion 

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Feel sorry for Arbroath if they get done over by Killie’s budget & desperation to buy their way back into too flight.

They already have biggest budget & strongest squad but will likely throw another bundle at Mcinnes. 

doubt 5 points with Killies game in hand will be enough cushion 

I wouldn't bet on it Hun DMC will think he's just to turn up tanned, speiling his weegie fucking speil for his press pals to drool over,  He won't want to do the hard work fuck me the sleekit cunt was on 17 grand a week with us and couldn't be arsed.

I've ever confidence in Dick Campbell and his boys

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Must be the highest, did they not maintain their usual budget despite being relegated?

I think I read something about that. They will get them up no bother. I don't really get the ill will towards McInnes on here, wish the boy well and move on. He was good for us for a while and we were good for him, his time was long since up but he did us a turn over his time with us.

4 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

I think I read something about that. They will get them up no bother. I don't really get the ill will towards McInnes on here, wish the boy well and move on. He was good for us for a while and we were good for him, his time was long since up but he did us a turn over his time with us.

I think what brings McInnes special treatment in that respect is an overwhelming feeling we could have done more, especially in the latter stages.

Skovdahl, Miller, Paterson even Brown did as well as they realistically could have.  You just felt McInnes had something in the tank but was happy to cruise.

• Haha 1

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/match-preview/championship-boss-makes-rangers-and-celtic-budget-comparison-with-title-rivals/

Aye before the season started their chairman said they were maintaining their SPL budget. For certain, McInnes will be handed cash in this window to bolster his squad but I still don't think it's a given that they'll go up. I really cannot see Arbroath being the ones to stop them but both Raith and ICT are certainly good enough to do so, as are Partick just behind with a game or 2 in hand over the teams above. And the teams in the bottom half of the league are all individually capable of beating any team in the top half at any time.

If Killie don't go up automatically then I'll stick my neck out right now and say they won't go up through the play-offs. 

2 hours ago, Redmist1903 said:

I don't really get the ill will towards McInnes on here

I don't really wish him any ill will.

I just think he's a bit of a dick.

One who clearly loves himself and could never admit any mistakes, fault, or blame even when he'd clearly made a cunt of things.

Was fine when things were going well, but in the last 3 years or so when we started to gradually deteriorate in all respects, his true nature started to gradually reveal itself .

That of a narcissistic arsehole.

• Upvote 4

McInnes was a great manager for Aberdeen only the same sort of idiot who says that they wouldn't take Shinnie back can't see what McInnes did for AFC.

He possibly did go stale but I'd rather he was still in the dugout than the current manager. We'd be in a far better position in my view than we currently are. 

Good win and start for him yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

McInnes was a great manager for Aberdeen only the same sort of idiot who says that they wouldn't take Shinnie back can't see what McInnes did for AFC.

He possibly did go stale but I'd rather he was still in the dugout than the current manager. We'd be in a far better position in my view than we currently are. 

Why are people idiots if they don't want Shinnie back?   Maybe they'd like us to sign younger players rather than more guys in their 30s.

21 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

I don't really wish him any ill will.

I just think he's a bit of a dick.

One who clearly loves himself and could never admit any mistakes, fault, or blame even when he'd clearly made a cunt of things.

Was fine when things were going well, but in the last 3 years or so when we started to gradually deteriorate in all respects, his true nature started to gradually reveal itself .

That of a narcissistic arsehole.

Indeed

I imagine he’s the type of boss that will be your best mate when things are rosy, but the first to throw you under the bus when it goes pear shaped. Quite a nasty streak lies within the man. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Broken_Glass said:

McInnes had to go. He did a decent job up to a point then it went tits up. He stayed about 3 years too long. Glass was not my choice but he’s here and unlike some of the McInnes lovers, I hope he succeeds.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
44 minutes ago, Tommy said:

McInnes had to go. He did a decent job up to a point then it went tits up. He stayed about 3 years too long. Glass was not my choice but he’s here and unlike some of the McInnes lovers, I hope he succeeds.

Aye 3 years earlier. He should have left with 2 months of the season to go when we finished 2nd, 9 points off Celtic.

Folk don’t realise we would have caught Celtic if Glass was appointed then

McInnes was a breath of fresh air when he came in. Winning a trophy early doors cemented the bond between the clubs him. 

Whether he made all the signings of Hayes, McGinn & Rooney, he certainly made that Irish trio click. We were scoring goals for fun at some point and the football was really entertaining. The Scottish Cup final defeat to Celtic in the last minute was soul destroying, with a bit of luck we could easily have won that. 

Unfortunately, it all began to go downhill then. Players leaving, players getting older, the new rangers being thrown money at. A perfect storm for us, which we couldn’t answer. 

Taking back McGinn, Hayes, Taylor and Arnason, the signing Curtis Main were the type of lazy signings in this period that regressed us as a team. 

McInnes the darling of so many for so long, came under attack from the fans and did not take it well. The whole body language changed. He became defensive, both on and off the pitch and refused to really admit he and the team was regressing. He even became to look like a greasy lookalike of Worzel Gummej (*sic). 

So he definitely overstayed his welcome, but blame that as much on Milne. I was happy he went due to most of the above, but wish him no ill. In his defence, he has not come out and had a dig at AFC since leaving (although I do understand how NDA’s work). 

• Upvote 1

McInnes was Great? Lol

I liked Derek, up until the Rangers carry on.  Once he spoke to them the game was up for me.  Things were never the same. I think even he knew that.

McInnes and Sturgeon.  Similar characters and both like a munch of beaver.  Allegedly.

• Upvote 1

I'd say I wished Derek had went to Sunderland after the Celtic Cup Final when the opportunity arose but in all reality if he did we'd all have been shouting to have him back at every opportunity since then thinking he was some sort of messiah. In all reality if he went to Sunderland at that point he'd have been back here for his second stint by this point and getting found out. Move on folks.