Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

44 minutes ago, Tommy said:

McInnes had to go. He did a decent job up to a point then it went tits up. He stayed about 3 years too long. Glass was not my choice but he’s here and unlike some of the McInnes lovers, I hope he succeeds.

Aye 3 years earlier. He should have left with 2 months of the season to go when we finished 2nd, 9 points off Celtic.

Folk don’t realise we would have caught Celtic if Glass was appointed then

McInnes was a breath of fresh air when he came in. Winning a trophy early doors cemented the bond between the clubs him. 

Whether he made all the signings of Hayes, McGinn & Rooney, he certainly made that Irish trio click. We were scoring goals for fun at some point and the football was really entertaining. The Scottish Cup final defeat to Celtic in the last minute was soul destroying, with a bit of luck we could easily have won that. 

Unfortunately, it all began to go downhill then. Players leaving, players getting older, the new rangers being thrown money at. A perfect storm for us, which we couldn’t answer. 

Taking back McGinn, Hayes, Taylor and Arnason, the signing Curtis Main were the type of lazy signings in this period that regressed us as a team. 

McInnes the darling of so many for so long, came under attack from the fans and did not take it well. The whole body language changed. He became defensive, both on and off the pitch and refused to really admit he and the team was regressing. He even became to look like a greasy lookalike of Worzel Gummej (*sic). 

So he definitely overstayed his welcome, but blame that as much on Milne. I was happy he went due to most of the above, but wish him no ill. In his defence, he has not come out and had a dig at AFC since leaving (although I do understand how NDA’s work). 

• Upvote 1

McInnes was Great? Lol

I liked Derek, up until the Rangers carry on.  Once he spoke to them the game was up for me.  Things were never the same. I think even he knew that.

McInnes and Sturgeon.  Similar characters and both like a munch of beaver.  Allegedly.

• Upvote 1

I'd say I wished Derek had went to Sunderland after the Celtic Cup Final when the opportunity arose but in all reality if he did we'd all have been shouting to have him back at every opportunity since then thinking he was some sort of messiah. In all reality if he went to Sunderland at that point he'd have been back here for his second stint by this point and getting found out. Move on folks.

5 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

McInnes was a great manager for Aberdeen only the same sort of idiot who says that they wouldn't take Shinnie back can't see what McInnes did for AFC.

He possibly did go stale but I'd rather he was still in the dugout than the current manager. We'd be in a far better position in my view than we currently are. 

Good win and start for him yesterday. 

Fuck off Derek 

• Haha 3
6 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

McInnes was a great manager for Aberdeen only the same sort of idiot who says that they wouldn't take Shinnie back can't see what McInnes did for AFC.

He possibly did go stale but I'd rather he was still in the dugout than the current manager. We'd be in a far better position in my view than we currently are. 

No possibly about it, he was well past his sell by date. 

You do remember the terrible run of results from the Christmas until he got sacked, no chance Aberdeen would be in a better position with him still in charge the way things were going

6 hours ago, sheepcrooky said:

McInnes was a breath of fresh air when he came in. Winning a trophy early doors cemented the bond between the clubs him. 

Whether he made all the signings of Hayes, McGinn & Rooney, he certainly made that Irish trio click. We were scoring goals for fun at some point and the football was really entertaining. The Scottish Cup final defeat to Celtic in the last minute was soul destroying, with a bit of luck we could easily have won that. 

Unfortunately, it all began to go downhill then. Players leaving, players getting older, the new rangers being thrown money at. A perfect storm for us, which we couldn’t answer. 

Taking back McGinn, Hayes, Taylor and Arnason, the signing Curtis Main were the type of lazy signings in this period that regressed us as a team. 

McInnes the darling of so many for so long, came under attack from the fans and did not take it well. The whole body language changed. He became defensive, both on and off the pitch and refused to really admit he and the team was regressing. He even became to look like a greasy lookalike of Worzel Gummej (*sic). 

So he definitely overstayed his welcome, but blame that as much on Milne. I was happy he went due to most of the above, but wish him no ill. In his defence, he has not come out and had a dig at AFC since leaving (although I do understand how NDA’s work). 

Hardly a wonder he doesnt slate a company that he duped into overpaying him for at least  18months ,where he strutted about like he was fucking Airchie, , failing to be held to account, failing to be pushed for progression, just happy to coast along and do as little as possible , as much as possible.

5 hours ago, Redmist1903 said:

I'd say I wished Derek had went to Sunderland after the Celtic Cup Final when the opportunity arose but in all reality if he did we'd all have been shouting to have him back at every opportunity since then thinking he was some sort of messiah. In all reality if he went to Sunderland at that point he'd have been back here for his second stint by this point and getting found out. Move on folks.

No shock he didn't go there as they're an absolute basket case of a club, the Netflix show was a good laugh tbf

14 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

The Derek McInnes Thread ? Red John

you know you just need to stop replying to them to get rid of them but you just can’t resist it

Things were getting that bad regarding offers of management positions for Derek that I was getting prepared to offer my skills as an agent for him. I would have got a good move for The Anchor Man. Kilmarnock can hardly be described as a good move. First thing I would have made him do is get him to ditch that beard to make himself look a hell of a lot younger. He looks washed up the poor fella. 

3 hours ago, Alex Ferguson said:

Can't believe the hate for Deek here, remember 2014?  Remember the days out, remember the Burnley match, consistency at a level over a time period no other club in Scotland outwith Celtic has achieved over the past 10 years and we can't wish him well... 

Good luck Deek.

Fuck off 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Wasn't that after we won at Parkhead 1-0, Consi goal. 

Indeed it was. The season we knocked the huns out both cups we finishe 4th in the league behind Killie. What a time to be alive. 

i was very much against Mcinnes in the end and thought he very much flattered to deceive. But the very fact we scudded the huns oot both cups in one season, and the 2 x league victories at Ibrox - i couldnt abuse him when he comes back. 

On 1/9/2022 at 6:51 PM, Broken_Glass said:

He really fucking wasn't. He was allowed to take the piss out of a chairman who didn't have a clue. Good luck to him, but by extension he took the piss out of the club. He won ONE trophy, and it wasn't even a proper one. Great? Nah.

Edit: maybe the same could be said of Glass, sans trophy:dontknow:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, alscotoz said:

He really fucking wasn't. He was allowed to take the piss out of a chairman who didn't have a clue. Good luck to him, but by extension he took the piss out of the club. He won ONE trophy, and it wasn't even a proper one. Great? Nah.

Edit: maybe the same could be said of Glass, sans trophy:dontknow:

Getting to 3 finals while the team he built were at their best but Celtic were in the most dominant spell in the history of Scottish football is as unfortunate and difficult as any good fortune starting without the Huns in the same league. No fucker beat them in the cup for 4 seasons, half the cunt’s time here. 

If Glass makes one final at Aberdeen I’ll be shocked and delighted. 

2 minutes ago, huncunts said:

No fucker beat them in the cup for 4 seasons, half the cunt’s time here. 

True but in the other half St Johnstone, Hibs (lower league), Ross County and Inverness won a trophy. He definitely could and should have added another one. That must be his main regret. We had some poor cup exits despite being by far the 2nd best side in the country. Beaten by shite like Dundee and St Johnstone. Even the likes of going out the Scottish Cup at Tynecastle... we were far better than Hearts around then. 

And thats comin from me, Derek McInnes' love child.

Great username by the way

5 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

True but in the other half St Johnstone, Hibs (lower league), Ross County and Inverness won a trophy. He definitely could and should have added another one. That must be his main regret. We had some poor cup exits despite being by far the 2nd best side in the country. Beaten by shite like Dundee and St Johnstone. Even the likes of going out the Scottish Cup at Tynecastle... we were far better than Hearts around then. 

And thats comin from me, Derek McInnes' love child.

Great username by the way

You’re overlooking that this club is cursed. Davidson wouldn’t have won two cups with us last season. The strokes of luck between some of those other teams on the way to winning and us losing is too many to mention. Rooney’s ghost foul against Dundee United before Brown threw the winner into the net. Caley’s stonewall handball v Celtic. Jesus, Hayes off injured in 3 seconds in the one we won. GMS knocked out off injured and no penalty. Lewis throwing it in v St Mirren in the last one. Dundee the ball bouncing out off the line. Stevie May was because of that fucking song. McLean running past the ball for a tap in. Cursed. You can’t fix that.

8 hours ago, huncunts said:

Getting to 3 finals while the team he built were at their best but Celtic were in the most dominant spell in the history of Scottish football is as unfortunate and difficult as any good fortune starting without the Huns in the same league. No fucker beat them in the cup for 4 seasons, half the cunt’s time here. 

If Glass makes one final at Aberdeen I’ll be shocked and delighted. 

This really nips my tits this. Getting to a final counts for fuck all unless you win the fucking thing. We got fuck all like the 100 odd other teams that entered both cups.