Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

On 1/12/2022 at 1:36 PM, NEM said:

Final was a bit of an anti climax but who cares main thing is winning it.

True, but having PPaw miss the final and Hayes go off after 4 mins, seriously curtailed our attacking threat.

At that time, we were dangerous on the three behind Rooney, McGinn, PPaw and Hayes.

With two of them missing, it meant ICT only really had to nullify McGinn as our main attacking edge, hence it ran out as a stalement

13 minutes ago, ShinnieFGS said:

Ash will do well there I think

9 minutes ago, minijc said:

Based on what?  He's been a complete joke for Walsall, turns 32 this year and has had a few leg injuries as well as minor knee surgery, playing on that pitch most weeks won't be ideal.

He should help them get promoted, which is the no1 target for McInnes.

I'm surprised Taylor has come up. I guess his property rental business may not have taken off significatnly

3 minutes ago, minijc said:

Based on what?  He's been a complete joke for Walsall, turns 32 this year and has had a few leg injuries as well as minor knee surgery, playing on that pitch most weeks won't be ideal.

I couldn't even point to Walsall on a map, let alone tell you about their recent performances but based on the fact that he was a decent enough centre back when he stuck to the no nonsense stuff. Good luck to the guy.

Also, that plastic pitch drivel is very outdated. They're still shite but it's not 2011 anymore my boy.

3 minutes ago, ShinnieFGS said:

I couldn't even point to Walsall on a map, let alone tell you about their recent performances but based on the fact that he was a decent enough centre back when he stuck to the no nonsense stuff. Good luck to the guy.

Also, that plastic pitch drivel is very outdated. They're still shite but it's not 2011 anymore my boy.

It's not though, especially with a guy who has suffered a few hamstring injuries.

8 minutes ago, minijc said:

It's not though, especially with a guy who has suffered a few hamstring injuries.

The standard of artificial pitches has improved dramatically over the last decade. They're no longer like playing in an Asda car park.

I'm sure Rugby Park actually has one of the best gradings in the UK

Artificial pitches are more synonymous with joint injuries rather than muscle injuries though. 

Knees, ankles, hips. 

I agree that injuries are generally overstated with artificial pitches otherwise everyone at Hamilton, Kilmarnock etc would be dropping like flies on a regular basis.  Don't recall them having a worse injury record than ourselves for example 

10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Artificial pitches are more synonymous with joint injuries rather than muscle injuries though. 

Knees, ankles, hips. 

I agree that injuries are generally overstated with artificial pitches otherwise everyone at Hamilton, Kilmarnock etc would be dropping like flies on a regular basis.  Don't recall them having a worse injury record than ourselves for example 

You beat me to it

23 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Knees, ankles, hips. 

My mistake, cheers for the info.

Got a pal who works as a Physio and I recall him saying that the top flight clubs mugged them all off a few years back when Brendan Rodgers et al were kicking off about the artificial pitches.

Ask any Physio/Sports Scientist and I'm sure they'd choose a pitch like Rugby Park over some of the tattie fields we've seen before in Perth, Dingwall, Dundee etc. 

1 hour ago, ShinnieFGS said:

Got a pal who works as a Physio and I recall him saying that the top flight clubs mugged them all off a few years back when Brendan Rodgers et al were kicking off about the artificial pitches.

Ask any Physio/Sports Scientist and I'm sure they'd choose a pitch like Rugby Park over some of the tattie fields we've seen before in Perth, Dingwall, Dundee etc. 

Ask any player and I would bet the majority would prefer a grass pitch.  I don’t think I have watched 1 decent game on a synthetic pitch. 

1 hour ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Ask any player and I would bet the majority would prefer a grass pitch.  I don’t think I have watched 1 decent game on a synthetic pitch. 

I don't think any player would say they prefer artificial surfaces over grass. Grass is definitely what football should be played on but the injury data between both isn't as scary as it was 10/15 years ago.

Pitches like Rugby Park are predictable underfoot nowadays. Soft grass isn't.

1 hour ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Ash Fucking Taylor is such a lazy signing.

Thank fuck the tedious, boring, obvious, robbing cunt McInnes is out of our club.

Yes , thank fuck we’re moving to the next level now that he’s no longer holding us back.

I’d missed the drama of the last games before the split for scraping into the top 6, 

• Upvote 1