Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

14 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Watched about 20 minutes of the Killie game last night, it was so bad I switched it off, commentators seemed to think it was a classic though which was truly baffling

Me too, I was intrigued with the self-appointed “best small league in the world” headlines recently. Absolute garbage.

9 hours ago, huncunts said:

Yeah because everything in the world after it would have happened exactly the same if we'd lost.

As I said, you're a fucking spastic.

? Trolling isn't normally my thing but you seemed ready to explode so I just thought I'd see if you'd bite. Happen to agree, getting to the final and losing is obviously better than losing to a Raith Rovers type in the round of sixteen or whatever the fuck it was.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

never listen to that shite so anyone that can be bothered to summarise?

Effectively says style of play criticisms were a load of shite and most of his teams were good, that we didn’t play long ball with McLean, Christie, Hayes, McGinn, Jack etc. Sort of inferred Cormack, Glass and managers throughout the country are naive and the club shouldn’t have come out with the we’re going to play this way stuff. You can’t keep playing a certain way and doing nothing about it if you’re getting scudded every week. 

Says he developed players because look at where the ones we lost have gone on to.

Says we were unfortunate to be good when Celtic had Rodgers, stopped us winning another trophy.

Points out we had 38 points at halfway last season when Hearts had 33 this season, and they are lauded, but he was being slaughtered by our fans while in 3rd, it wasn’t enough anymore. Points out the players we lost through transfers or injury. He identified signings but wasn’t backed, is sure we’d have been 3rd had he got them.

Says we were bringing in millions through our consistency and basically look at us now.

Signed Flood after watching him run the game against us the game before he became manager, while Doc was down watching Robson. 

Had various job offers immediately after leaving us but didn’t want them. Applied for Ipswich job but didn’t get it. 

• Like 1

He’s got a good point about season 20-21. 38 points from 19 is excellent for Aberdeen. Everything just went awful after Watkins, Hedges injured for season and Cosgrove, Wright sold. Left with zero attacking options and wasn’t backed with replacements except 3 rushed loanees on deadline day. Properly backed in January, or if for not such bad injury luck, then the terrible run of form from January onwards could’ve been avoided and things could’ve turned out differently.

• Upvote 2
19 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

Good listen. Speaks well. No drama and holds back on any digs. Admits his time was probably up. 

Let’s face it, his time was up when DC returned and the likes of Jon Gallagher and Ronnie were foisted upon him.

Great initial 4 years, average 2 years and after that, was tatties ower the side. 

That great philosopher David Brent once said - “Better to be at the bottom of the ladder you want to climb, than be halfway up one you dont”.

You just hope we’re on the right building site this time

7 hours ago, huncunts said:

Effectively says style of play criticisms were a load of shite and most of his teams were good, that we didn’t play long ball with McLean, Christie, Hayes, McGinn, Jack etc. Sort of inferred Cormack, Glass and managers throughout the country are naive and the club shouldn’t have come out with the we’re going to play this way stuff. You can’t keep playing a certain way and doing nothing about it if you’re getting scudded every week. 

Says he developed players because look at where the ones we lost have gone on to.

Says we were unfortunate to be good when Celtic had Rodgers, stopped us winning another trophy.

Points out we had 38 points at halfway last season when Hearts had 33 this season, and they are lauded, but he was being slaughtered by our fans while in 3rd, it wasn’t enough anymore. Points out the players we lost through transfers or injury. He identified signings but wasn’t backed, is sure we’d have been 3rd had he got them.

Says we were bringing in millions through our consistency and basically look at us now.

Signed Flood after watching him run the game against us the game before he became manager, while Doc was down watching Robson. 

Had various job offers immediately after leaving us but didn’t want them. Applied for Ipswich job but didn’t get it. 

Just saying

46 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Let’s face it, his time was up when DC returned and the likes of Jon Gallagher and Ronnie were foisted upon him.

Great initial 4 years, average 2 years and after that, was tatties ower the side. 

That great philosopher David Brent once said - “Better to be at the bottom of the ladder you want to climb, than be halfway up one you dont”.

You just hope we’re on the right building site this time

You say that, however, if you go back to the very first page of this thread (2015) it makes for interesting reading. A lot of people not happy with him even then in terms of his tactics and the way he had us playing. I'm not sure that ever changed. Mind you, offset that against the fact that there's a lot of people on here who do like to moan a lot ?  

11 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Jim Goodwin's post match interview on Sunday said next season we'll be looking at challenging for 3rd, in Cup finals and qualifying for Europe "where we should be".

That's where we were and presumably Glass was brought in to go further? Guess our standards have dropped.

Accept our place. 

51 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Jim Goodwin's post match interview on Sunday said next season we'll be looking at challenging for 3rd, in Cup finals and qualifying for Europe "where we should be".

That's where we were and presumably Glass was brought in to go further? Guess our standards have dropped.

I think they believed glass could take us to similar but playing watchable football. 

mcinnes interview was good. He is obviously annoyed at how he is perceived. I think the rangers job debacle didn’t help that.

2 hours ago, RUL said:

I think they believed glass could take us to similar but playing watchable football. 

mcinnes interview was good. He is obviously annoyed at how he is perceived. I think the rangers job debacle didn’t help that.

That hun job debacle was his doing he strung it out playing off the affected parties.

Sleekit cunt

It's hard to dislike McInnes. I think he comes across well and still obviously has a high regard for the club. I expected some bitterness and resentment any time he's spoken about the club after being sacked but to be fair he's never really said anything bad about our club. Still seems a decent likeable bloke.

I wonder when Glass will put his head above the parapet and do an interview? I'm thinking maybe his severance package stipulates that he can't speak about his time at the club or something? Strange he hasn't done any kind of interview since.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Redmist1903 said:

It's hard to dislike McInnes. I think he comes across well and still obviously has a high regard for the club. I expected some bitterness and resentment any time he's spoken about the club after being sacked but to be fair he's never really said anything bad about our club. Still seems a decent likeable bloke.

I wonder when Glass will put his head above the parapet and do an interview? I'm thinking maybe his severance package stipulates that he can't speak about his time at the club or something? Strange he hasn't done any kind of interview since.

What if I told you he's in Seville with his idiot son.

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, huncunts said:

He identified signings but wasn’t backed, is sure we’d have been 3rd had he got them

I mean he idintified Curtis Main, Nicky Maynard and James Wilson as our attacking options so I'd reserve judgement on that front.

Good listen overall however

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Granite95 said:

I mean he idintified Curtis Main, Nicky Maynard and James Wilson as our attacking options so I'd reserve judgement on that front.

Good listen overall however

I think james Wilson was probably who mccinnes was alluding to when he said some players are outstanding in training but don’t replicate it on the pitch.
A few of the players from Wilson’s time with us have said the same things on podcasts when asked about Wilson at Aberdeen 

1 hour ago, thurso said:

I think james Wilson was probably who mccinnes was alluding to when he said some players are outstanding in training but don’t replicate it on the pitch.
A few of the players from Wilson’s time with us have said the same things on podcasts when asked about Wilson at Aberdeen 

Aye but he was shit on loan up here so was baffling we even bothered with him after that.

Main was even more galling given how shite he'd been for most of his career

1 hour ago, thurso said:

I remember listening to an interview with Willie Miller and a couple of other Scottish managers a couple of years ago and they had a name for this type of player, which I can't remember.  It was "training ground Pele" or something like that.  Players who were world beaters on the training ground, outstanding to watch, but when you put them out in front of a crowd on a Saturday afternoon they were next to useless.  Just couldn't cope with the pressure of playing in front of people.

2 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

I remember listening to an interview with Willie Miller and a couple of other Scottish managers a couple of years ago and they had a name for this type of player, which I can't remember.  It was "training ground Pele" or something like that.  Players who were world beaters on the training ground, outstanding to watch, but when you put them out in front of a crowd on a Saturday afternoon they were next to useless.  Just couldn't cope with the pressure of playing in front of people.

Darren Mackie.