tup

Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

4 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Enough of this "mcinnes back" chat (pretty sure it canna be serious) 

However this season pans out it was 100% long overdue getting him binned. 

I don't think anyone is being serious. Absolutely the right time for him to move on. 

But we had a chance to bring a decent manager in and we put all our eggs in the rookie basket. There was money there as well as all our new signings won't have been cheap. Some of them will be on good dosh. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Enough of this "mcinnes back" chat (pretty sure it canna be serious) 

However this season pans out it was 100% long overdue getting him binned. 

I certainly wasn't being serious. Just making a point of how shite things are. The Glass experiment is not working. Obviously hope he can turn it around, but have no confidence and have seen little or no evidence to suggest that he can. 

4 minutes ago, don corleone said:

I certainly wasn't being serious. Just making a point of how shite things are. The Glass experiment is not working. Obviously hope he can turn it around, but have no confidence and have seen little or no evidence to suggest that he can. 

Aye I don't think anyone is tbf

Just the very thought makes me want to boke 

While i admire mcinnes success in terms of winning and clean sheets.. could we really endure his eye bleeding 1-0 wins with a build up of long balls to cosgrove.  Glass is playing more entertaining football and is giving youngsters a chance to play reguarly.  

Just now, Donscanada said:

While i admire mcinnes success in terms of winning and clean sheets.. could we really endure his eye bleeding 1-0 wins with a build up of long balls to cosgrove.  Glass is playing more entertaining football and is giving youngsters a chance to play reguarly.  

Let's not try and and big up Glass in order to justify binning McInnes. 

McInnes' time was up and he had to go. 

Glass's time is now up and he has to go. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Millertime said:

Bring

Him

Home

If McInnes was backed like Glass had been we would be much better off

Fuck off you Hun loving narcissist.

Are you forgetting the 3-0 trouncing we received from Motherwell under McInnes?

Edited by afc1903mad
  • Upvote 4

On 9/11/2021 at 5:45 PM, Donscanada said:

Have to say I’ve not been entertained by Aberdeen games at all recently. We still seem to have all the possession and do absolutely nothing with it. 

On 9/11/2021 at 7:33 PM, afc1903mad said:

Fuck off you Hun loving narcissist.

Are you forgetting the 3-0 trouncing we received from Motherwell under McInnes?

Which one? I think there were at least 3 

On 9/11/2021 at 5:47 PM, Ernie McCracken said:

Who do you want in charge? 

Fuck me are you honestly wanting Glass binned?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Which one? I think there were at least 3 

Yep, and not all just in McInnes’s last 6 months in charge

He’s had long enough eh🤣

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

I wonder how many jobs he's applied for and never got near to getting one🤔

I imagine he wouldve got the dufc job if he wanted it. He wants down south tho doesnt he. He’ll have to start off in league 2 i reckon. 

18 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

I imagine he wouldve got the dufc job if he wanted it. He wants down south tho doesnt he. He’ll have to start off in league 2 i reckon. 

Think it could be Ipswich,Paul Cook on the brink.

1 hour ago, Simply Red said:

You have to wonder if he's still picking up a salary till the season end

On 9/11/2021 at 4:45 PM, Jocky Balboa said:

I remember back in the day, it was myself, Rocket Scientist and a handful of others who didn't buy into the Balsawood hype and stated, quite categorically, that he would never again manage a club with an average attendance of over 10000, nor see anything like the wages we afforded him. Of course, it took a few years for the rest to catch up to this reality, but it played out as expected. 

Proven bloody right again Jocky min!

6 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

You have to wonder if he's still picking up a salary till the season end

If his contract was water-tight (and you would imagine it would be) then why the hell would he accept not being paid every last penny that was due under it? He was fired so the club were the ones that have broken that contract.

I think we have learned from it, hence the rolling 1 year contract that Glass has which mitigates our liabilities to him if/when the club ends up dunting him

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

If his contract was water-tight (and you would imagine it would be) then why the hell would he accept not being paid every last penny that was due under it? He was fired so the club were the ones that have broken that contract.

I think we have learned from it, hence the rolling 1 year contract that Glass has which mitigates our liabilities to him if/when the club ends up dunting him

I don't disagree, which is why I think he may still be picking up a wage and not in any rush to pick up another role i.e. the Dundee Utd one.

We'd only be released from paying up if he took on a more lucrative role, or pay the difference.

Even Glass's contract (if 1 year rolling) we should expect to have to pay up to a years salary from when he is let go, unless mutually agreed i.e. another club pays to secure him. 

Clearly Glass is on a work experience assignment from Atlanta Utd, gaining invaluable experience in managing an actual, real club.

Remember, even bad experience is still experience and something to learn from.

13 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Now that is 🤣

The point was that if Glass were to leave, we'd have to pay up a years wages unless he was to turn it around and become a huge success

That's the model we are working under

On 9/11/2021 at 11:00 AM, Millertime said:

Bring

Him

Home

If McInnes was backed like Glass had been we would be much better off

& if McInnes or Glass had been backed as much as Jimmy Calderwood was they could have achieved maybe slightly above shite/bang average status. Or even Legend status to some of you chin drooling hummers 

• Haha 1

On 9/13/2021 at 7:56 AM, Simply Red said:

Nottingham Forest job or Derby coming soon big pressure jobs with limited money ✅✅

2 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

Nottingham Forest job or Derby coming soon big pressure jobs with limited money ✅✅

Only way he'd get one of those is by default. There will be about 6 or 7 names minimum for either job that the clubs would appoint before Mcinnes. He'd only come into the reckoning if a string of potential appointees turned them down. 

Forest job might well be available late tonight or early tomorrow 

4 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

Do folk still actually believe he'd be even in the top 10 for those size of jobs?

utd, dundee, hearts, st j. killi types faaaaaaar more likely.