tup

Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

2 hours ago, shut up meg said:

I get what you are saying MT but just because the present manager hasn't started well, doesn't take away from the fact that DMC time at Pittodrie was up.

As I said, best of luck to him but time to move on.

His time was up because people weren't happy with the style of football needed in Scotland to finish 2nd to 4th

Yeah

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

Unhealthy obsessions.

8 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Muff me sideways

GBNs

11 minutes ago, Millertime said:

His time was up because people weren't happy with the style of football needed in Scotland to finish 2nd to 4th

Yeah

Bollox. His style of football at the end was not top 4. That’s why we wanted change.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Bollox. His style of football at the end was not top 4. That’s why we wanted change.

Correct. In the last two years of McInnes’s tenure we suffered our worst ever plus one of our worst ever goal scoring droughts. The football of his past couple of years was horrific to watch. Glass not starting off well should in no way make us forget that Derek’s time was well and truly up. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/embarrassing-aberdeen-goal-record-staring-21461042

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/aberdeen-slump-to-worst-goalless-streak-in-the-118-year-history-of-the-club-with-1-0-loss-at-celtic1/

29 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Yeah

I would say that the style of football was tolerated because he was getting results and finishing between 2nd and 4th however the last 3 months, the results fell off a cliff, he won 2 out of the last 13 games in charge and scored 4 goals.

In fact we scored 1 goal in the last 9 games.

Once the results went pear shaped, he was finished.

3 hours ago, shut up meg said:

I would say that the style of football was tolerated because he was getting results and finishing between 2nd and 4th however the last 3 months, the results fell off a cliff, he won 2 out of the last 13 games in charge and scored 4 goals.

I'm not going over why it's downright wrong to base anything on the last 6 months,  again

Millertime is right though. 

Comparing Glass' reign with the very worst of McInnes' reign is missing the point somewhat. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Millertime is right though. 

Comparing Glass' reign with the very worst of McInnes' reign is missing the point somewhat. 

Not really. McInnes had a piss easy ride at Aberdeen. Easier than ANY manager before him.

Only when things started getting a little more competitive did his true level/abilities start to become more apparent to the  slowest of fans.

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Not really. McInnes had a piss easy ride at Aberdeen. Easier than ANY manager before him.

Only when things started getting a little more competitive did his true level/abilities start to become more apparent to the  slowest of fans.

You can't properly evaluate the new guy by comparing with the worst of his predecessor though. Clearly we want him to perform much better than McInnes ' worst. 

5 hours ago, jamiesd said:

Mcinnes really is in demand.....as a pundit

The Glasgow media's darling

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

Some turtle neck he had on on Saturday. 

It was to hide all the hickies he got from MT after the last time the two met

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, shut up meg said:

Cosgrove sold, Wright sold, watkins and Hedges long term injuries

Only allowed to bring in 3 shite unfit loans to cover 

That and the fact it was agreed mcinnes would leave at the end of the season led to the shite last period

As I have said before countless times

8 hours ago, jamiesd said:

Mcinnes really is in demand.....as a pundit

Conte

2 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

The Glasgow media's darling

Much flak have they given glass m88?

Oh wait, it's because they want him to fail, isn't it?

Do your shoulders ever get sore from all that goalpost moving?

Or wait, that's your speciality isn't it 

38 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

It was to hide all the hickies he got from MT after the last time the two met

I make no bones about it, he is a good looking guy

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Millertime said:

I'm not going over why it's downright wrong to base anything on the last 6 months,  again

Just now, Millertime said:

That and the fact it was agreed mcinnes would leave at the end of the season led to the shite last period

Crine 

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

He still signed them thinking they'd be good replacements.  Some of your points are valid but you completely ignore the shit side of his tenure. Move on manny. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

You're highlighting one transfer window. He failed for a good few in a row

1 hour ago, jamiesd said:

He still signed them thinking they'd be good replacements.  Some of your points are valid but you completely ignore the shit side of his tenure. Move on manny. 

Erm, no

He publicly said he was furious with how they were signed 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

You're highlighting one transfer window. He failed for a good few in a row

4th or higher 8 seasons in a row and finished 2nd more than 4th

Think glass will do that?

3 minutes ago, Millertime said:

4th or higher 8 seasons in a row and finished 2nd more than 4th

Think glass will do that?

Nope. 

Not because McInnes was good (which he was) but because Glass isn't good enough (which he isn't) 

You wanted DMC gone. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Nope. 

Not because McInnes was good (which he was) but because Glass isn't good enough (which he isn't) 

You wanted DMC gone. 

Looking forward to your 20 quid for moroccan kids

Bet you wish it was me offering a cash out now

6 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You can't properly evaluate the new guy by comparing with the worst of his predecessor though. Clearly we want him to perform much better than McInnes ' worst. 

Can evaluate the new guy against the worst of his predecessors & the best & his record is worse than pretty much any lol

Glass has one clean sheet in his last twenty odd games. I think it’s only justified that we can soil our sheets too

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Nope. 

You wanted DMC gone. 

So are you saying Glass isn’t not good enough?

4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Can evaluate the new guy against the worst of his predecessors & the best & his record is worse than pretty much any lol

Glass has one clean sheet in his last twenty odd games. I think it’s only justified that we can soil our sheets too

I agree with you.  Only McGhee and Alex Miller below him already. 

My post was in relation to folk comparing Glass against McInnes' last 6 months which were abysmal and using that to try and suggest Glass is doing OK. 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I agree with you.  Only McGhee and Alex Miller below him already. 

My post was in relation to folk comparing Glass against McInnes' last 6 months which were abysmal and using that to try and suggest Glass is doing OK. 

Has anyone said Glass is doing ok? Clearly he needs to do better.
The point certainly that I was making before was that it’s too early into the new tenure and that he should be given the opportunity to get better results