Sign in to follow this  
Dad

The Hat Medical Centre

Aye - just so dayts doesnae have to suffer through posts that he could scroll by in a second; a new thread for divulging stories of ailments, issues and hopefully - advice. 

The elders relieved; the young uns informed - Together We Can Get Better

Terrific 😎

• Dildo on Bonnet 1

Whatever happened to the ‘Poodlers Surgery’ thread?

Well I tell you son - thats what Im worried about; we're potentially going to get binned becuase of worry over poor judgement or advice or whatever

Lets see how long we get

Nosebleeds have made a fucking return - but fear not; wee bottle of stermiar in the cupboard there 😎

For those who get nosebleeds - a wee saline spray (akin to sterimar); just the dab

6 minutes ago, Dad said:

Nosebleeds have made a fucking return - but fear not; wee bottle of stermiar in the cupboard there 😎

For those who get nosebleeds - a wee saline spray (akin to sterimar); just the dab

Sounds like nose AIDS. 

Why the fuck would anyone pay for sterimar? 0.9% saline is piss easy to make yourself. 9 grams of table salt dissolved in  1 litre of boiling water. Job's a good 'un. You can buy a reusable spray bottle at the chemist's...just sterilise it with boiling water once empty or if you prefer a cheap sterilising solution like Milton.

But if you are having frequent epistaxis (medical term for nosebleeds) I'd suggest you get it checked out. There are a few causes, most of them fairly trivial (allergy, fragile surface vessels) but can be a sign of high blood pressure. Very very occasionally can be a symptom of something more sinister,

Do you snore? Nose blocked continually/have to blow your nose frequently with no symptoms of infection (colds etc). Lack of sense of smell? If so again worth getting it checked out...long term allergy can lead to a condition called nasal polyps. These can grow so big you end up mouth breathing and can bleed. I have these. On long term steroid drops...right as rain....but surgery is sometimes required

Edited by Ten Caat

3 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Gout is a cunt.

What kind?

• Upvote 1

Ach just because Im a high roller TC son - and with subscribe n save; we have ourselves a bargain that means effort isnae required.

Given the environmental issues; I'll slide myself over to this tactic however TC son - much obliged 😎

And aye probably polyps - had hayfever since a nipper; now at the stage of popping benadryl all fucking year round (no cheap by the way; thank your crystal meth manufacturers for that, the selfish dirty wee bastards).

Further evidence is the swelling I have around my throat and neck -  maybe you're right TC son. Maybe I should get it checked out.

Ach here - on reflection - thats pish ^ Nasal passages are generally as clear as a washed window - just the onset of hayfever symptoms attack at a moments notice; sneezing like a fucking madman; nostrils clogged etc. Couple bennies down the hatch - right as rain in 15 mins.

Sense of Smell: 5-star

Snoring: Negative

I take a weird reaction to vinegar as well; like face sweats like a faucet - mainly from the cheeks and forehead. Read somewhere that vinegar will break down fats too quick causing kneejerk reactions - no sure why me especially but.

Edited by Dad
further divulgement

2 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

What kind?

Didn't know there was different kinds. I've has it an every joint in both feet, my knee and my hand and I can tell you it's a debiltating bastard.

13 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Sounds like nose AIDS. 

not a chance son - always double bagged; then I got married to a lassie who is as pure as the driven snow.

1 minute ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Didn't know there was different kinds. I've has it an every joint in both feet, my knee and my hand and I can tell you it's a debiltating bastard.

Here son - thats you're rich diet there; need to calm down on the veal and venison and wine sauce and all that pish

A wee Actimel every morn - you'll be back in the saddle in no time 👍

2 minutes ago, Dad said:

Here son - thats you're rich diet there; need to calm down on the veal and venison and wine sauce and all that pish

A wee Actimel every morn - you'll be back in the saddle in no time 👍

Nae worries there.  After suffereing for over 25 years I'm now om a preventative medicine and have some reactive stuff too.  Some funny shite can set it off tho.  Bovril, Lorne sausage, pate and drinkin' my own piss (or anybody elses come to that) to name but a few.

Haha - ah no

still - theres a wee starter for the Gout do and do nots list; much obliged son 😎

Pray you never suffer it.  There's few things sairer.  Canna put a sock on or bear the weight of a bed sheet on yer foot let alone walk  it's that bad.  Fuckin' aweful disease.

Edited by Beachend Bootboy

I fucking shall do son - fuck that

41 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Why the fuck would anyone pay for sterimar? 0.9% saline is piss easy to make yourself. 9 grams of table salt dissolved in  1 litre of boiling water. Job's a good 'un. You can buy a reusable spray bottle at the chemist's...just sterilise it with boiling water once empty or if you prefer a cheap sterilising solution like Milton.

But if you are having frequent epistaxis (medical term for nosebleeds) I'd suggest you get it checked out. There are a few causes, most of them fairly trivial (allergy, fragile surface vessels) but can be a sign of high blood pressure. Very very occasionally can be a symptom of something more sinister,

Do you snore? Nose blocked continually/have to blow your nose frequently with no symptoms of infection (colds etc). Lack of sense of smell? If so again worth getting it checked out...long term allergy can lead to a condition called nasal polyps. These can grow so big you end up mouth breathing and can bleed. I have these. On long term steroid drops...right as rain....but surgery is sometimes required

Got a few bottles from Amazon for a homemade sweel oot when things get blocked after a few days. Very effective.

C85-F678-B-A903-4-AAB-805-C-154-CDDFDE7-

24 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Got a few bottles from Amazon for a homemade sweel oot when things get blocked after a few days. Very effective.

C85-F678-B-A903-4-AAB-805-C-154-CDDFDE7-

I abused that stuff back in the day and it made things mucho worse for el beako

I occasionally get the ol’ pollen allergy . What I do is skooshy lucozade sports bottle , boiled water (thats cooled down a tad ) add salt , then skoosh it up the anus. 

I’m joking, goes up the nose, fucking horrible feeling but clears you out . 

disclaimer. Not saying that’s for everyone so do it at your own risk . 

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I've got seasonal rhinitis and it's a cunt when it flares up.

Was checked last year and thankfully didna have polyps.

I managed to get a load of nasal rinse sachets cheap off Amazon, so that's what I use.

Just had a bout of this the last couple of weeks and I wake up at night with a mouth like Gandhi's flipflop, get ulcers and sair teeth, and tired the next day.

Best to get it checked faever it is that's having issues.

4 hours ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Gout is a cunt.

I swear by cherry supplements, 2 of these bad boys a day and I've never had an attack since my first one, I well researched it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Montmorency-Cherry-equivalent-Cherries-SYNVIT®/dp/B00LPIJ75U/ref=sr_1_30?crid=VQ8W2INUCSYE&dchild=1&keywords=cherry+supplement+capsules&qid=1613679169&sprefix=cherry+supplem%2Caps%2C-1&sr=8-30

2 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Hmmmmm, never heard of that one.  Used to take cranberry juice that's supposed to be good for balancing the uric acid.  I ain't been too bad since I started the meds.  I get a twinge now and again but it's been a few years since I had a full blown attack.

10 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Hmmmmm, never heard of that one.  Used to take cranberry juice that's supposed to be good for balancing the uric acid.  I ain't been too bad since I started the meds.  I get a twinge now and again but it's been a few years since I had a full blown attack.

Works wonders, not so much as a twinge, once ran out, just caught it again but could feel it in the post.

Google cherry for gout, well known treatment.

Edited by daytripping
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Highland gout 

Definitely sounds like that's what BB has. 

15 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Highland gout 

8 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

Definitely sounds like that's what BB has. 

Fuck that teuchtar shite.  I had finest toonzer gout.

1 minute ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Fuck that teuchtar shite.  I had finest toonzer gout.

Think @Bad_Mobby or @Fridge maybe had it at one point. Either that or frigo diagnosed it once when doing his rounds.

Type it into the search facility here. Few previous mentions of it.  

fridge in hospital the noo wi sare guts..cunt wis aw ower the shoap fir months n nae cunt heeded eh wantin signs..nae cunt seen eh cries fir help..ehd hae prescribed a solid ride fir the cunt..but hindsites an affa hing.. 

• Dildo on Bonnet 1