Dundee United 1 - 0 Aberdeen

26 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Glass will be in place by then I’d think  

Probably but I think he will still allow Sheerin to take the side for that one match as he will still be getting to know the squad. He's then got the international break to start putting his own ideas across in training before taking charge properly for the first game after the split

9 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Probably but I think he will still allow Sheerin to take the side for that one match as he will still be getting to know the squad. He's then got the international break to start putting his own ideas across in training before taking charge properly for the first game after the split

Maybe, we’ll need to wait & see.

Apparently Glass is a 4-2-3-1 man.

Lewis

McCrorie Taylor Hoban Considine 

Ferguson McGeouch 

McGin Kamberi Hayes 

Hornby

McInnes said Hornby has a good chance of making it.

I’ll be bold & say 0-0 ?

On 3/13/2021 at 9:04 PM, Kittybrewster Loon said:

I saw we have the second highest amount of clean sheets in the league (level with the tims). I doubt that will continue now that McInnes has gone, but I do think we'll score. 1-1 or 1 nil to us 

I was really disappointed listening to Paul Sheerin red TV interview. Seems completely unaware why mcinnes was sacked and doesn't plan on changing much. 

We need to scrap the 3 donkey central defenders and go back to playing 2 donkeys instead. Get another forward on and try and move our team 20 to 30 yards up the pitch. 

Continuing to play the same way will result in more clean sheets regardless of who's manager but we won't score any. 

Guest milne_afc
6 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Oh for a game like this on Saturday. 

Eoin Jess 3 Arabs 2.

Christ, what a difference in quality and attitude.

3 hours ago, RUL said:

I was really disappointed listening to Paul Sheerin red TV interview. Seems completely unaware why mcinnes was sacked and doesn't plan on changing much. 

We need to scrap the 3 donkey central defenders and go back to playing 2 donkeys instead. Get another forward on and try and move our team 20 to 30 yards up the pitch. 

Continuing to play the same way will result in more clean sheets regardless of who's manager but we won't score any. 

All the 11 donkeys need putting on a flight to Tibet to work with the Sherpas. 

• Dildo 2

What a game.  What a first half.  Almost 10 minutes into the highlights and Jock Brown announces we're into the 10th minute of the match. Over 20 minutes were dedicated to first half alone.  We've struggled to fill just 2 minutes of highlights from the last 10 games.

Was a decent Utd team too.  And a decent crowd.

Sky, UEFA, and silly money ruined our sport.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, alscotoz said:

One of my favourites. Did everything at his own pace and rarely wasted a pass. Great player.

Pace was key.  Had a tremendous ability to put his foot on the ball and say right abdy, calm down, its only (insert name of dross here), everyone do their jobs and we're sorted.

But then, just as the pace dropped he was in off the Mainstand touchline and its another rasper into the RDS postage stamp.

Come to think of it, did he ever score at the Merkland? 

I had not opened this thread yet. It's funny there is replies saying we expect Glass to be in charge for this one.

It's pretty clear he won't be and we are using the time well to go through a thorough process.

It was a good time to move the manager on with only one game in 4 weeks and if including the Dumbarton/Huntly game for Sheerin it gives 5 weeks in total.

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Bett is in my best ever Dons midfield along with Strachan, Simmy & Weir.

The starting X1 from that video.... I think Lewis is the only one who’d get in (for Watt).

Maybe controversially, Hoban in for Irvine at a push.

Back then I wasn't a huge Irvine fan, but after watching a lot of old games I think he would comfortably make our team now

20 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Oh for a game like this on Saturday. 

Eoin Jess 3 Arabs 2.

Great game, there was an amazing atmosphere at the game as there usually was at Tannadice back then, just watching the touch of Jess and Gilhaus compared to the like of Main and Cosgrove is unbelievable. This is probably my favourite time as a Dons fan, in my late Teens going to most games, we played some unbelievable football and played on the front foot. A long time since I have heard the commentator say Aberdeen have started with 3 up front especially away from home. great times and some great players in the team

11 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Great game, there was an amazing atmosphere at the game as there usually was at Tannadice back then, just watching the touch of Jess and Gilhaus compared to the like of Main and Cosgrove is unbelievable. This is probably my favourite time as a Dons fan, in my late Teens going to most games, we played some unbelievable football and played on the front foot. A long time since I have heard the commentator say Aberdeen have started with 3 up front especially away from home. great times and some great players in the team

Front 3 of Mason, Jess & Gilhaus.  We can only dream of having one of them let alone 3 now

Makes me laugh when ill-informed arseholes in the media were saying McInnes had been our best manager since Fergie, they forget how good the Smith team of 89-91 were. 

• Upvote 1