Dundee United 1 - 0 Aberdeen

1 hour ago, RAZOR said:

Devlin fit all of a sudden. 

It's a miracle.- Love Hot Chocolate.

My rendition of  You Sexy Thing post match in the Kings Bar karaoke 20 odd years ago (or maybe 15) was a thing of legend.

Possibly not for the right reasons, though to be fair to me. I was basing the vocals on the Cud cover version. Or maybe nae.

WHERE DID YOU COME FROM, baby...

21 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

There was a period in the eighties the New Firm was a stick on 1-1.

I’ll go 1-1.  An OG for us and some Championship random to score for them.

Don't get me started on those semi replays.

Do like a semi.

9 hours ago, Sheepo said:

Sheerin claimed he wouldn't be changing much which is a bit strange considering recent results

They'll be wanting to keep in with Mcinnes, as they might well be out of a job in a few weeks,  and Derek will pick up a gig sooner rather than later.

25 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

One I recall was in 1985 semi, the replay was the most horrific case of incompetent, well actually cheating refereeing I can recall.

Outwith hun or tim games of course.

Prevented us from being only team to win Scottish Cup 4 times in succession. Until present Celtic run?

Was that at Tynecastle? 
Think we were denied a stonewall penalty in the last minute after Ian Angus had scored a belter 2 minutes earlier to get us back to 1-2. 

2 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

One I recall was in 1985 semi, the replay was the most horrific case of incompetent, well actually cheating refereeing I can recall.

Prevented us from being only team to win Scottish Cup 4 times in succession. Until present Celtic run?

Would have been 5 times in a row if we’d won it in 85

2 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Tynecastle? Stuart Beadie scored a screamer for the minks and Ian Angus hit the post/saved with a shot not long after.

3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I remember a cup tie against Dundee Utd  that went to a third game (2 replays)  & we were robbed blind .... by a Dundonian ref, Bob Valentine. The Steven McLean of the 80’s if you like. 

Was that a Dens? Hegarty sent off for a challenge on Charlie Nicholas in the first half. Jim Maclean on the pitch going mental..think we lost that game too...

14 hours ago, NEM said:

Would have been 5 times in a row if we’d won it in 85

Oh aye, Hearts 86. LOL.

13 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

Tynecastle? Stuart Beadie scored a screamer for the minks and Ian Angus hit the post/saved with a shot not long after.

Aye, Tynecastle.

Canna mind much about the game really apart from being livid at the brutality of the refereeing afterwards.

18 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

That series of games on YouTube?

Rings a bell (the being robbed, 4 in a row bit) but I don’t remember The Tynecastle game.

The Tynecastle game, Willie and Davie Dodds went in for a 50/50. Fair challenge, 2 hard cunts going for the ball. Dodds got the red card and we still couldn’t beat them

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I wouldn't drop McGinn. 

If we have a midfield that plays higher up the pitch we can use McGinn around the box where he's most useful without him having to do so much running. 

I feel like he's just past it in general, aside from that one delivery recently he's offered nothing.

41 minutes ago, shinniesta1 said:

I feel like he's just past it in general, aside from that one delivery recently he's offered nothing.

His legs have gone.  But his general match fitness is slowly returning now he's had a few appearances recently. 

As long as Hedges is out I'd play him. Kennedy and McLennan offer less in a creative sense than the current version of McGinn 

19 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

His legs have gone.  But his general match fitness is slowly returning now he's had a few appearances recently. 

As long as Hedges is out I'd play him. Kennedy and McLennan offer less in a creative sense than the current version of McGinn 

Hayes and McGinn, whilst both pale shadows of their former selves, will do fine tomorrow if wide in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Just remains to be seen if Sheerin goes with the back 4.

Surely to fuck he will.

On McLennan, I’m not seeing anything better from him than say, Mitch Megginson showed in his 2 or 3 games. Cannot fathom why he got a game under McInnes. Push the ball past the defender and rely on his pace and that’s it. Then run it outta play.

12 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Hayes and McGinn, whilst both pale shadows of their former selves, will do fine tomorrow if wide in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Just remains to be seen if Sheerin goes with the back 4.

Surely to fuck he will.

On McLennan, I’m not seeing anything better from him than say, Mitch Megginson showed in his 2 or 3 games. Cannot fathom why he got a game under McInnes. Push the ball past the defender and rely on his pace and that’s it. Then run it outta play.

He was quailty a few years ago when he first broke into the team. Think he could do well with a loan to get a run of games, think there's a player there just needs fine-tuning 

2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

I think he could play the RWB role very well, but needs some consistent game time to develop there and someone with experience on the pitch to help guide young players when they break through.

On that sense, we are seriously missing some “captains” on the pitch. Nobody stands out as being a true captain material, that needs addressed

10 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I think he could play the RWB role very well, but needs some consistent game time to develop there and someone with experience on the pitch to help guide young players when they break through.

On that sense, we are seriously missing some “captains” on the pitch. Nobody stands out as being a true captain material, that needs addressed

Looked best wide of a 3 in a 4-2-3-1 with a right back behind him. He could focus on just being direct then.