3 Worst

Blowing second to Motherwell on last day

No show for the league against Deila’s tim team

Lying down against Tims in LCF - feeble effort

3 best

Groningen away

Rijeka away (1st time)

Celtic home 2-1 Quinn winner.

First two showed that we had a team, played like an experienced European team and the last one gave us a brief glimpse of the title.

3 worst

3-0 LCF - Shameful performance, I can't remember ever being so angry at a match.

0-4 at home to Celtic - So bad, I was home, showered and reading a book before the 2nd half had started.

Pick any one of the other capitulations against Celtic or Rangers, there were too many of the sitting in and letting them control the game.

18 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

3 best

Motherwell LCQF

St Johnstone LCSF

Gronnerz

3 Worst

Blowing second to Motherwell on last day

No show for the league against Deila’s tim team

Lying down against Tims in LCF - feeble effort

Agreed, with an dishonourable mention to the loving cup ceremony at Ibrox. Happened on McInnes’ watch. 

My best memories are the cup final win and, equally, just last week when he fucked off and took his honking brand of football with him.

Worst memory? Pretty much every Saturday for the last few months watching, willing the last 80 minutes to fly by after giving it 10 minutes in hope that there would be something different. There never was. 

Guest milne_afc
4 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

Worst... the 3-0 home defeat to that lot when Caixinha was in charge. Brutal. 

Another Ash Taylor masterclass. Dons fucking battered them that day.

Best moment - Quinn’s winner v the Tim’s. Only time in my life I’ve ever felt like we were in a title race, might be the only time ever. A real missed opportunity that season.

Honourable mentions - The cup win, Maddison freekick, Rijeka, Groningen (didn’t go despite an offer of free accommodation over there - stupid decision), 0-7 v Dundee, the Motherwell game where McGhee was sent to the stands. I also enjoyed the game v Sociedad at Pittodrie - when Reynolds smashed that header in I really thought we were on course for a famous victory.

Worst moment - the cup semi at Ibrox. A great chance for a cup double and we blew it. When’s the last time any non ‘old firm’ team did the cup double?

Honourable mentions - the Motherwell semi final, the Ryan Jack fiasco, and the majority of games in his last few months. 

Best that I have been at: 4-0 Semi V St Johnstone. That was the day we knew it was going to be a very decent era. It was absolutely ace.

Best at home: Winning the first game v the new Huns with the Maddison free kick. Sublime. 

Best on tv: Rijeka 3-0. Notable mention to Consi 1-0 at Parkhead

Notable mention and ace that it doesn't make it: 4 (Yes Four) wins over the Huns in Glasgow. Best since Fergie and you wouldnt bet against it not being matched by a manager in a long long time.

Worst that I was at: I think the Dom Ball sent off final or the St Johnstone Ibrox. Some extra luck always deserted us against Celtic... its a penalty all day long when the donkey nearly kills GMS. 

Thankfully all the real horrors thankfully fade away.

Worst at home: Losing 2nd place to Well in the last minute. Goodness me 5 x 2nd place finishes would be fairly noteworthy. Wee shout to say that might have made him unsackable. 

Worst on tv: Maybe the 2020 Scottish Cup Semi v Celtic. Celtic on their worst form in 15+ years and we folded pathetically. Ruined our season and ultimately cost McInnes his job. He probably only won a handful of games after this

1 minute ago, Andy_123 said:

Had forgotten about that. Who was the ref? I’m gonna guess Steven MacLean. He is always hopeless.

Checked... Andrew Dallas.

Its such a fucking penalty. Is there any other body part other than the forehead that Boyata gets away with? Penalty.

Best: Tynecastle semi

Madison freekick

Ferguson's header at Hampden 

Considine's goal and hanging on for 40 minutes at Parkhead on the last day of the season

Worst: feel like we lost 3-0 to Motherwell a bunch of times. Definitely in a couple cup games. I guess the Hampden one was the worst

I've never left a game early but I've never felt as much as I didn't want to be there at 3-0 down with ten men against Celtic at Hampden 

League Cup vs Hibs at Easter Road when they were in Division 2 or whatever it was called at the time and we were top of the league. Must have been really soon after, St Johnstone absolutely battered us at Pittodrie as well. 

29 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Best moment - Quinn’s winner v the Tim’s. Only time in my life I’ve ever felt like we were in a title race, might be the only time ever. A real missed opportunity that season.

Honourable mentions - The cup win, Maddison freekick, Rijeka, Groningen (didn’t go despite an offer of free accommodation over there - stupid decision), 0-7 v Dundee, the Motherwell game where McGhee was sent to the stands. I also enjoyed the game v Sociedad at Pittodrie - when Reynolds smashed that header in I really thought we were on course for a famous victory.

Worst moment - the cup semi at Ibrox. A great chance for a cup double and we blew it. When’s the last time any non ‘old firm’ team did the cup double?

Us 89/90

18 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Best that I have been at: 4-0 Semi V St Johnstone. That was the day we knew it was going to be a very decent era. It was absolutely ace.

Best at home: Winning the first game v the new Huns with the Maddison free kick. Sublime. 

Best on tv: Rijeka 3-0. Notable mention to Consi 1-0 at Parkhead

Notable mention and ace that it doesn't make it: 4 (Yes Four) wins over the Huns in Glasgow. Best since Fergie and you wouldnt bet against it not being matched by a manager in a long long time.

Worst that I was at: I think the Dom Ball sent off final or the St Johnstone Ibrox. Some extra luck always deserted us against Celtic... its a penalty all day long when the donkey nearly kills GMS. 

Thankfully all the real horrors thankfully fade away.

Worst at home: Losing 2nd place to Well in the last minute. Goodness me 5 x 2nd place finishes would be fairly noteworthy. Wee shout to say that might have made him unsackable. 

Worst on tv: Maybe the 2020 Scottish Cup Semi v Celtic. Celtic on their worst form in 15+ years and we folded pathetically. Ruined our season and ultimately cost McInnes his job. He probably only won a handful of games after this

lol hardly. Losing that game barely registered and was forgotten about by the time I reached the top of merkland road. Meant fuck all in the grand scheme of things.

The St Johnstone semi same season I never spoke a word until we got back to Aberdeen. Absolutely gutted 

4 minutes ago, NEM said:

lol hardly. Losing that game barely registered and was forgotten about by the time I reached the top of merkland road. Meant fuck all in the grand scheme of things.

The St Johnstone semi same season I never spoke a word until we got back to Aberdeen. Absolutely gutted 

The most annoying part of that game was Lasley getting to throw the ball forwards twice before taking the free kick in a position where he could actually reach the box. 

Foul on Langfield as well. He should have still dealt with it though. 

7 minutes ago, NEM said:

I agree losing the game gave us the 8-0 riga which was good fun.

It's hard to pin point a big disappointment at home. Thankfully all the shitness was so bland it blends in to each other. Am I right in thinking he was never knocked out of a domestic cup at home across the 8 seasons? In europe we were often knocked out away.

Burnley was ace. He was still 100% the man at that point. Folk that hated him for years are nae richters.

2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

It's hard to pin point a big disappointment at home. Thankfully all the shitness was so bland it blends in to each other. Am I right in thinking he was never knocked out of a domestic cup at home across the 8 seasons? In europe we were often knocked out away.

Burnley was ace. He was still 100% the man at that point. Folk that hated him for years are nae richters.

Drew against Dumbarton at home didn't he? I was there it was shit

11 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Maddison free kick also gave me a cracking day out.

I couldn't speak a coherent sentence by 6pm that day. Was a mess.

Quinn - I believed that day also. McInnes gave me many ups in his time, I'll never ever knock that but the last 2 seasons have been awful.

Slight mention to Sociedad actually. We lost but that Northern Lights rendition at the end of the game made me proud as fuck to be an Aberdeen fan.

Was right at the fence when Maddison popped that in. Absolute scenes 

Sociedad was ace 

8 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Been a few absolute capitulations at home to the tims. Maribor was another we should have won (Ash Taylor howler for a change)

He’s given us some brilliant times - agree anyone denying that are aff their heed. Easy to say with hindsight but wish he’d taken the Sunderland job as the 6 months previous were peak McInnes and peak Aberdeen (over the previous 25 years)