McInnes High & Low

Highs:

League Cup win

Groningen 

Beating the vermin at Ibrox

Lows:

Losing to the vermin twice in a week with McInnes more or less encouraging them to come speak to him

Every time we play Celtic, it seems

This season we're in just now has been absolutely disgusting

31 minutes ago, NEM said:

Was right at the fence when Maddison popped that in. Absolute scenes 

Sociedad was ace 

Been a few absolute capitulations at home to the tims. Maribor was another we should have won (Ash Taylor howler for a change)

He’s given us some brilliant times - agree anyone denying that are aff their heed. Easy to say with hindsight but wish he’d taken the Sunderland job as the 6 months previous were peak McInnes and peak Aberdeen (over the previous 25 years)

Speaking of Celtic matches at home. I want Frimpong to die every game I see him. Unbelievable that we never kicked him in the air at any point

Positives.
St Johnstone semi final - great support, great win, we had just signed Rooney and when he went through for the third goal and tucked it away I thought we have signed a proper centre forward.

40+ thousand and the moment Rooney pen hit the net in the final. 

The Late Quinn winner to make it 7 or 8 wins on the bounce. Thought we were a team ready to challenge and we should have that year, we had a strong squad.

Negatives.

Motherwell semi, fuming and left the moment Curtis main scored his second. Yeah let that sink in Curtis main with his second.

Losing so weakly to Celtic in the couple of League Cup finals we played them. No courage at all.

The last 3 months or so, truly awful performances and results.

I 

1 hour ago, Dynamo said:

Top for me is :

Motherwell LC QF

Motherwell 7-2 

Rijeka 3-0

Low:

Celtic 0-3 LC F

St Johnstone 1-2 SC SF

Motherwell 0-3 SC SF

Almost forgot about that Motherwell shit show, the day Curtis Main scored 2 goals and ripped our defence apart. Hugely Embarrassing and Equally as bad as  Jimmys QOS Semi

16 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Almost forgot about that Motherwell shit show, the day Curtis Main scored 2 goals and ripped our defence apart. Hugely Embarrassing and Equally as bad as  Jimmys QOS Semi

We played in blue that day? Nuff said. Embarassing anyone that supports us having the blue strips.

@RobWicks Wise the dial and give us a red home and white away

Best memory for me is the trip and result in Rijeka 0-3. A night in Berlin on the way over and then 2 nights in Rijeka. Fantastic. 

Trip to Luxembourg was good too. Game was shite, but the Euro Championship fan zone the night before the game was good fun, as was later in the night.

League Cup Final. Game was horse shit, but always a great feeling winning a cup.

Lows.

Cup semis against St. Johnstone and Motherwell.

Most games against Celtic and Sevco are lowlights. Apart from the odd occasion we've shit the bed against them by and large.

There have been lots of positives in his tenure. Reading this brings it back...

postives, top 2: winning the league cup and winning at Ibrox for the 1st time in forever

lows; Scottish cup semi against the Farmers. That was brutal. Also, just games against Celtic in general. It got worse the more he over thought it. The man marking stuff was a real low..

As above, but a couple of small ones which I enjoyed:

- Hayes putting us in front in the cup final. Went into the game with zero expectation, and at that point started to believe. It was good for about 15 mins.

- Considine getting a hat trick. It was indicative of a period when we were able to smash teams by 6 or 7, and there was something about consi getting that, there was a lot of goodwill.

• Upvote 1
On 3/13/2021 at 7:19 PM, Geoff_Tipps said:

Might be wrong but I thought he did drop Jack for the Scottish Cup Final after the Sevco announcement. 

I actually thought the scottish cup final was by some distance the wee rats best game for us. prick

Anway, best is league cup final and worst scottish cup semi the same season. at least there was plenty hope for the future around the time of the worst though.... the real worst has been most games this and last season

Best.

Scottish cup win at Parkhead in 2014 (Anderson and Pawlett after going behind). Was the week after the LC semi at Tynecastle - it felt like we were unbeatable.

43K dons at parkhead - unbelievable memories there.

7-0 Dundee epitomised the best football of his reign. 

2-1 win over Celtic when Church and Hayes scored. Watching Andy Walkers meltdown over Celtic - really felt like we had a chance of the title.

Worst

The collapse shortly after the 2-1 win over Celtic when Church and Hayes scored. Think we lost 4 in a row or similar.

Home to Rijeka (2nd time)  this is when I started to have serious doubts.  One of the most abject and defeatist performances ever.

Any of the cup defeats to Motherwell  

8 minutes ago, OnceFaeMintlaw said:

Best.

Scottish cup win at Parkhead in 2014 (Anderson and Pawlett after going behind). Was the week after the LC semi at Tynecastle - it felt like we were unbeatable.

43K dons at parkhead - unbelievable memories there.

7-0 Dundee epitomised the best football of his reign. 

2-1 win over Celtic when Church and Hayes scored. Watching Andy Walkers meltdown over Celtic - really felt like we had a chance of the title.

Worst

The collapse shortly after the 2-1 win over Celtic when Church and Hayes scored. Think we lost 4 in a row or similar.

Home to Rijeka (2nd time)  this is when I started to have serious doubts.  One of the most abject and defeatist performances ever.

Any of the cup defeats to Motherwell  

The Rijeka 2nd time was sad. We made no attempt to score in the first leg and conceded the most stupid needless penalty. We were never coming back after that and Ojo getting sent off early doors was just a LOL.

28 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

A couple more lesser thought of highlights and low lights. 

Highs:

Pawlett last minute winner at Tannadice on new year's day. 

Rooney after 12 seconds vs Hibs 2017 SC SF

Lows:

Huns 5 Aberdeen 0 last season. 

Huns 4 Aberdeen 0 this season.

I came back a day early from a stagger in Benidorm for that - got to Snake Mountain just as the second goal went in.  Probably not the best decision I've ever made ?