Next seasons kit

Thanks for sharing that image, I'm weirdly obsessive over our kits.  Don't see the above check pattern on the teamwear range announcement though:

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/09/adidas-2022-23-teamwear-templates.html

however, we've had plain-fronted templates with a bespoke pattern printed on before: see home kit 2016-17 pinstripes for example.  Flip that shirt inside-out and the front panel is clearly different from the rest of the shirt. Template with customisation I suppose.

As for those of you worried that Umbro "own the rights to" their amazing 1987 design that a lot of us crave seeing again, the above mock-up is different enough to avoid any copyright breach issues.  The current Nike goalkeeper shirt steals that design more than this mock-up and there's been no legal action between those manufacturers:

https://www.nike.com/gb/t/fc-barcelona-2021-22-stadium-goalkeeper-long-sleeve-football-shirt-11Gj82

I'm sure there are other examples of "tribute" designs by different suppliers, the club may own the image rights anyway.  Who knows, we might see Adidas recreate a version of the "vomit splatter" shirts from 1994?

We're at a time when there's very few new designs, this is the age of nostalgia and recycling.  

33 minutes ago, Mr John said:

Thanks for sharing that image, I'm weirdly obsessive over our kits.  Don't see the above check pattern on the teamwear range announcement though:

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/09/adidas-2022-23-teamwear-templates.html

however, we've had plain-fronted templates with a bespoke pattern printed on before: see home kit 2016-17 pinstripes for example.  Flip that shirt inside-out and the front panel is clearly different from the rest of the shirt. Template with customisation I suppose.

As for those of you worried that Umbro "own the rights to" their amazing 1987 design that a lot of us crave seeing again, the above mock-up is different enough to avoid any copyright breach issues.  The current Nike goalkeeper shirt steals that design more than this mock-up and there's been no legal action between those manufacturers:

https://www.nike.com/gb/t/fc-barcelona-2021-22-stadium-goalkeeper-long-sleeve-football-shirt-11Gj82

I'm sure there are other examples of "tribute" designs by different suppliers, the club may own the image rights anyway.  Who knows, we might see Adidas recreate a version of the "vomit splatter" shirts from 1994?

We're at a time when there's very few new designs, this is the age of nostalgia and recycling.  

Not sure if it’s the case but Adidas used to have a hierarchy of clubs they supplied kit to.   The elite clubs then B and C clubs.  We are a B club that will use the Adidas Miteam templates and graphics.  ( anyone can design their own Adidas strip on the MI team app ).  This years B teams are apparently using the MI licence 22 template so would our home kit is likely to be a red variation of that.   I would imagine that it will be released end of month once the saltire deal expires.  

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Thought we’d have seen it by now. Do we not usually play the last game(s) of the season in next seasons kit? Or am I speaking pish? 

We definitely played the 16/17 Scootish Cup final in the 17/18 top but I can't remember another season recently where we've done that. Quite possibly have though.

39 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Thought we’d have seen it by now. Do we not usually play the last game(s) of the season in next seasons kit? Or am I speaking pish? 

25 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

We definitely played the 16/17 Scootish Cup final in the 17/18 top but I can't remember another season recently where we've done that. Quite possibly have though.

Can't really do it when we are sponsored by Saltire this season, and Apex next.

Surely it'll appear in the next 1-2 weeks

On 5/15/2022 at 7:23 PM, Andy_123 said:

But you have to remember just what a basket case our club is atm due to the conman, yes normally we do see the neww strip by now. But there slow and ponderous in many ways nowadays on every front.