Cheltenham 2021

45 minutes ago, Parklife said:

If he's never going to let it run, why put it on? Just go for a 4-fold.

Frustrates me no end. 

Aye it's a bit different running a couple hundred quid on a football acca and when you're getting offered nearly £300k though isn't it?

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

If he's never going to let it run, why put it on? Just go for a 4-fold.

Frustrates me no end. 

Not really something to get frustrated about, think he chose his horses way back so I’d imagine he’ll have various singles and doubles on as well. Might have stuck them all in an acca just to see what the price was and decided it was worth a fiver. 

The bet was worth around £3800 after the first 3 races, I’d imagine a lot of boys would have cashed out at a couple of grand and seen it as money for nothing. Considering the next horse was 25/1. 

1 hour ago, Dynamo said:

Aye it's a bit different running a couple hundred quid on a football acca and when you're getting offered nearly £300k though isn't it?

Is it? If you no intention of letting the bet run, why put the last horse on it at all? 

The only people happier than him today are the boys at betfair. 

52 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

I would have if my next pick was 25/1 

Why put the 25/1 shot on the acca at all then? ?

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Is it? If you no intention of letting the bet run, why put the last horse on it at all? 

Because he'd make more from a cash out than he would by not putting it on at all.

9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He'll have had every intention in letting it run but I'm almost certain he'll have expected at least 1 horse on that bet to not run.  Judging by his interview he's a very smart gambler, has multiple other bets running that are relying on Envoi Allen as well, it's a life changing amount, he's got himself a decent deal in the end as well.

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Not half as good as the one betfair have got themselves. 

Betfair will have already had their liabilities reduced, we have no idea what his financial situation is, had he just let that run and the horse falls, how is he going to handle that, £322k/£250k the field, add in that betfairs maximum payout on future horse bets is just 250k he's eliminated some hassle. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

He'd make less from cashing out than he would from a treble. 

If you were on Deal or No Deal and you were left with a quid or £250,000 and you got offered £100,000, would you gamble cos the main point of going on the show is trying to win the main prize?

38 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

If you were on Deal or No Deal and you were left with a quid or £250,000 and you got offered £100,000, would you gamble cos the main point of going on the show is trying to win the main prize?

That's not a comparable situation. 

a comparable situation would be I had £50k and £250k and let them pay me £100k. 

The bookies assess his chances of winning at 1/2. He's bet on that 1/2 shot at 9/2 but has let the bookie pay him evens. 

I understand why he's done it. It's big money. That doesn't mean I think it's the right thing to do though. 

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

That's not a comparable situation. 

a comparable situation would be I had £50k and £250k and let them pay me £100k. 

The bookies assess his chances of winning at 1/2. He's bet on that 1/2 shot at 9/2 but has let the bookie pay him evens. 

I understand why he's done it. It's big money. That doesn't mean I think it's the right thing to do though. 

Not really, you'd still be left with 50k. This guy would be left with nothing, not even his fiver. 

I think I'd probably still take the 100k in that situation also tbh ?

• 11 months later...
24 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Is the placepot still a big thing? Not bet a horse in years but used to enjoy a good go at the pp at Cheltenham. First day used to have some amazing payouts

The odd day can throw up a big one but you're probably best launching to the evening meetings placepots as many that have done their bollocks during the day will be putting money in to them.

47 minutes ago, minijc said:

The odd day can throw up a big one but you're probably best launching to the evening meetings placepots as many that have done their bollocks during the day will be putting money in to them.

I'll probs just steer clear tbh. I swore off the horses and I don't want pulled back in. Not got the time to do it properly.

47 minutes ago, minijc said:

What's the tips for this years festival then?