Old firm B teams

In principle this genuinely doesn’t bother me

However, as with anything when the two cunts are together hand in hand on something it should be viewed with the relentless suspicion it deserves so for that reason into the fucking bin with it 

The fact the cunts have to bribe the lower leagues with cold hard cash should set off alarm bells 

Sadly, money talks and I think the lower leagues will vote this through quite happily 

I think it’s a shame for fans of the lower league sides but it really doesn’t affect us too much 

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Aberdeen and Hibs B teams featuring in a few years down the line...

Just now, caledonia said:

Expect to hear old firm wanting to move to England/European league on a monthly basis if this goes through.

especially if they have their colts to take their place and hoover up the TV cash

This is exactly the trojan horse here. But probably not England, some Atlantic shite is more likely. 

Wait a few years until the colt teams are higher up the league and leave them behind when they try and join some other league set up and use them as a feeder team to their big team. 2 revenue sources. 

If they want to fuck off they should just fuck off. And take their colt teams with them. 

Seems like every year they are told to fuck off with this idea, yet they keep coming back.

I know Holland and Spain have B/colt teams in the lower leagues, but I don’t think they are allowed to be in the same division as the first team? I can’t see Celtic or the huns agreeing to that either.

Doncaster will be spunking everywhere at the thought of 4 Celtic and The Rangers teams. 

Will be an unmitigated disaster for Scottish football if they are parachuted straight in. The pyramid system must be sacrosanct. 
Would I like AFC to be able to have a b team in the big leagues, yes, but it has to be open for all on an equal basis. 
This would give some lower league clubs some short term cash, but it could also reduce their long term fan base. Undoubtedly if either of the cheeks have b clubs in the big leagues they will garnish a big following. There will be a lot of them can’t get tickets for all away games and this gives them an avenue to display their shitehousery. 

7 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Seems like every year they are told to fuck off with this idea, yet they keep coming back.

I know Holland and Spain have B/colt teams in the lower leagues, but I don’t think they are allowed to be in the same division as the first team? I can’t see Celtic or the huns agreeing to that either.

Doncaster will be spunking everywhere at the thought of 4 Celtic and The Rangers teams. 

It is part of the conditions the arse cheeks themselves have proposed......they can only progress as far as the Championship and no further.

But as others have said............if this is allowed to go through just watch what happens in 5-10 years time when both of them decide they want to join some new set up outwith Scotland. They'll then push for (and the SFA/SPFL will allow) these B teams to be allowed to gain promotion into our top league, and they'll then use these sides as feeder teams for their "top" teams. However they'll still be signing guys for £1m to £5m and planting them in these feeder teams initially. There might be about a 3 to 5 year window where ourselves and the Edinburgh sides could pick up a championship or two but you can be sure that sooner rather than later these feeder sides would be too strong for everyone else.

If it goes through, I'm finished with Scottish football

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

It is part of the conditions the arse cheeks themselves have proposed......they can only progress as far as the Championship and no further.

But as others have said............if this is allowed to go through just watch what happens in 5-10 years time when both of them decide they want to join some new set up outwith Scotland. They'll then push for (and the SFA/SPFL will allow) these B teams to be allowed to gain promotion into our top league, and they'll then use these sides as feeder teams for their "top" teams. However they'll still be signing guys for £1m to £5m and planting them in these feeder teams initially. There might be about a 3 to 5 year window where ourselves and the Edinburgh sides could pick up a championship or two but you can be sure that sooner rather than later these feeder sides would be too strong for everyone else.

Championship is surely too far? 

Make them start in the fucking lowland leagues. 

Or even better, they shouldn't do it at all. Farcical. 

It's not a terrible idea but all clubs should have the opportunity to do it and they should start in the lowland and highland league. It would be good for Aberdeen youngsters as opposed to being farmed out to crap like Forfar and Cove. It means if they are playing well they can come straight in to the first team and also gives first team players not playing a chance to get games, returning from injury etc. 

1 minute ago, GDON21 said:

It's not a terrible idea but all clubs should have the opportunity to do it and they should start in the lowland and highland league. It would be good for Aberdeen youngsters as opposed to being farmed out to crap like Forfar and Cove. It means if they are playing well they can come straight in to the first team and also gives first team players not playing a chance to get games, returning from injury etc. 

How would playing in the lowland or Highland league make it easier to step up to the first team compared to playing championship or league 1?

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

In principle this genuinely doesn’t bother me

However, as with anything when the two cunts are together hand in hand on something it should be viewed with the relentless suspicion it deserves so for that reason into the fucking bin with it 

The fact the cunts have to bribe the lower leagues with cold hard cash should set off alarm bells 

Sadly, money talks and I think the lower leagues will vote this through quite happily 

I think it’s a shame for fans of the lower league sides but it really doesn’t affect us too much 

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Aberdeen and Hibs B teams featuring in a few years down the line...

It should bother you. It should bother everyone in the game. Why should big clubs be allowed additional teams in the lower leagues to the detriment of other clubs? 

What would happen eventually is celtic and sevco colt teams would finish in 1st and 2nd place in a 10 team league.  Possibly every year, until hearts get relegated again. 

Do the 3rd place team get the promotion and then teams finishing as low as 6th  have the play off? 

Farce

My moneys on a ceiling being put in place at League 1 and then, lo and behold, L1 and the Championship being merged.

Joking apart though, and I know we've had this discussion before.  Assuming it is rejected how do you stop a (say) Annan Rebels suddenly playing in green and white hoops with some pretty recognisable faces on apparently bizarre wages (for that level) turning up to play a (say) Royal Clyde, in blue and a recognisable smell?

The only thing that has stymied this progressing to date is Lawells temporary inability to sell "the package" for a 9 year interim.

It just makes a whole mockery of the game and lessens the value of the lower leagues. Teams down there dream of playing in the bigger leagues and shoving a couple of B teams in there, full of youngsters is just a fucking kick in the nuts if you ask me. I used to go watch QOTS as a lad when I lived in Dumfries and even though they were in the lower leagues, it still had a grit and rivalry that made it great to watch. Having Celtic and Rangers kids playing against some of the oldest clubs in the country, just weakens it all. A fucking disaster in the making if you ask me and everyone should be suspicious as to why they want it and to why it is only them that are being touted for it.

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Completely agree. 

Have said before when talking about Colt Teams that if the two of them are allowed Colt Teams then I'm finished with Scottish football.

What is agreed now will not be how it looks in 5/10 years time. Only two teams will benefit and all this shite about developing players for the Scotland Team is exactly that, shite. 

1 hour ago, GDON21 said:

I don’t think the a and b squads are interchangeable like that. The teams have squads registered separately. 

I wouldn’t have a problem with Aberdeen having a reserve team in the highland league and working their way up through the leagues a couple of levels, have all the young players we have out on loan playing together instead all at different teams. Throw in a couple of seasoned pros coming to the end of their careers like logan and considine to help them along and keep them trained at aberdeen.

What I don’t get is why it’s just talked about being the rangers and Celtic getting this benefit and why they are straight into league 2. If they want this they should start at the bottom of the pyramid in the lowland league or what ever it’s called.