Old firm B teams

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Same as meaningless games in the Lowland league with Hun and Celtic Colts in it will ruin that league. 

The lowland league will soon realise the only interest in their league will be when the Colts play in the new jnr old firm!! It will be packed with rabid huns and tims trying to prove this proves a point, but in reality the other clubs will get less and less and be treated like shite by both clubs and sfa 

The only good thing about them being in the Lowland league is that there may be a few hard cunts around who have no affiliation with either cheek (or even if they do, might do this against the one they don't support) and who might fancy making a name for themselves by hospitalising an up and coming "starlet" or two.

They might think long and hard about their future participation if 2 or 3 or their players end up with broken legs or snapped cruciates

• Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, thurso said:

I don’t think that’s an answer as to why it would be ruined just saying same as that league will be ruined 

If you introduce meaningless games to a competitive and meaningful competition then you've got a lesser product imo. 

The two things just shouldn't be mixed. 

I don't see the value anyway. There's a loan system which allows us to give our better youngsters competitive games right through the pyramid so we can place players at a level that suits their development.  That's got more value than chucking them all into level 5.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If you introduce meaningless games to a competitive and meaningful competition then you've got a lesser product imo. 

The two things just shouldn't be mixed. 

I don't see the value anyway. There's a loan system which allows us to give our better youngsters competitive games right through the pyramid so we can place players at a level that suits their development.  That's got more value than chucking them all into level 5.

Right now what our young boys do now is meaningless as there is no competitive league for them to play in. If they were in the highland league every match would mean something as there would be something to play for and all the teams would be trying against them so would be giving them tough games. Now I’m not really sure of the cup but when Aberdeen played Buckie the other night I bet it wasn’t a meaningless game for the players. 

I’m not sure loans system works as the players are spread out all over the place and aren’t always getting game time, they are playing in teams that play different tactics and do different training than what we would want them to play so it would be better of if we had total control of their development 

Just now, thurso said:

Right now what our young boys do now is meaningless as there is no competitive league for them to play in. If they were in the highland league every match would mean something as there would be something to play for and all the teams would be trying against them so would be giving them tough games. Now I’m not really sure of the cup but when Aberdeen played Buckie the other night I bet it wasn’t a meaningless game for the players. 

I’m not sure loans system works as the players are spread out all over the place and aren’t always getting game time, they are playing in teams that play different tactics and do different training than what we would want them to play so it would be better of if we had total control of their development 

Totally disagree. 

How would playing in the Highland League help even the likes of Anderson, Virtanen or Ross who were getting games at a higher level on loan? 

And the colt games in the Lowland league don't count. They are glorified friendlies min. 

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Totally disagree. 

How would playing in the Highland League help even the likes of Anderson, Virtanen or Ross who were getting games at a higher level on loan? 

And the colt games in the Lowland league don't count. They are glorified friendlies min. 

How many games did they play at the higher level Anderson probably about 40 in his 3 years on loan at teams virtanen probably half that in his time. If we had a team somewhere else they could of got that in one season. 

I don’t really care about the old firm in lowland league I want what’s best for Aberdeen and the way the reserves are treated right now isn’t what’s best 

2 minutes ago, thurso said:

How many games did they play at the higher level Anderson probably about 40 in his 3 years on loan at teams virtanen probably half that in his time. If we had a team somewhere else they could of got that in one season. 

I don’t really care about the old firm in lowland league I want what’s best for Aberdeen and the way the reserves are treated right now isn’t what’s best 

You asked for some reasons why it wasn't a good idea.  I gave you a few but there's loads more.

And I reckon the club would agree otherwise they would have applied to join the highland league by now. 

Let's just leave it there. 

10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You asked for some reasons why it wasn't a good idea.  I gave you a few but there's loads more.

And I reckon the club would agree otherwise they would have applied to join the highland league by now. 

Let's just leave it there. 

Maybe the club would like to but just thought it would go the same way as when Caley thistle tried to get in and knocked back. 
You think there would be to many meaningless games and loan system is better I’ll happily agree to disagree on this one  

7 minutes ago, thurso said:

Maybe the club would like to but just thought it would go the same way as when Caley thistle tried to get in and knocked back. 
You think there would be to many meaningless games and loan system is better I’ll happily agree to disagree on this one  

You're not listening min. 

The games are meaningless.  The results don't count in the league table.  If you beat the Hun Colts you get zero points. 

Ergo they are friendlies. 

Therefore the players will get competitive games on loan, as well as at a higher level. 

23 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Give us 3 more 

The games aren't competitive 

The games are at too low a level for the majority of the players 

It ruins the league they are supplanted into. 

It acts as a deterent to attracting players rather than as a motivation. Why play against level 5 players every week when you can play at a higher level?

No Aberdeen player is going to be motivated to beat a Highland league team in a friendly week after week when there's no points at stake. 

Or vice versa. 

Nobody is interested in watching the games. The level of interest in the colt teams in the challenge Cup bears this out. 

There's no real barometer to know if your players are ready to make the step up by watching them against level 5 players every week. 

It has zero impact on improving the national team. Which is one of the laughable reasons put forward for this being a good idea in the first place. 

I see this morning that Brian Rice of the might Accies reckons its a mistake for the future of the youth players in Scotland .... what a neep he must have been prompted in the Lodge last night to spout such utter shite we all know who benefits and its not young loons from anyone other than the bigot brothers 

37 minutes ago, eddiec said:

I see this morning that Brian Rice of the might Accies reckons its a mistake for the future of the youth players in Scotland .... what a neep he must have been prompted in the Lodge last night to spout such utter shite we all know who benefits and its not young loons from anyone other than the bigot brothers 

Begging for his own clubs extinction by the looks of it.

3 hours ago, eddiec said:

The Lodge must be getting very relaxed about who it admits to it's membership if Brian Rice has joined......

Interesting piece on the beeb just now about Shinty.  In brief the big shinty teams are playing their first teamers in their reserve teams who play in a lower league and, equally briefly, are fucking up those leagues.  Not going to lie I was thinking that sounded a bit familiar.  But interestingly the beeb themselves are making the direct comparison to the colt proposal.

Interested me anyway!

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Millertime said:

And what?

They are B players?

Well, it was sold to the gullible as a way they'd use to develop young Scottish players. Not as a place they'd rehabilitate injured senior pros. 

Im glad they've done it now. Hopefully it lets those taken in by the initial lie see sense and call a halt to it after this season. 

On 7/6/2021 at 1:58 PM, Lan_Lad said:

Think it might be more accurate to label Hamilton a mini East Kilbride. EK is the 6th largest town/city in Scotland with a population estimated at 75,000 in 2016.

Hamilton had a population of 53,000 in 2016. Then there's Livingston with a population of 57,000.

I think EK could make it to the top league if they play their cards right and garner local interest.

Quite a few places on the west coast you could say the same... you've got the guts of about 100,000 in West Dunbartonshire and the Vale area.  One club in that area too, but the locals are more interested in what's going on in Glasgow.