Old firm B teams

If approved, it'll nae doubt begin the discussions AGAIN of them moving to another league and leaving their "colts" in Scotland.

Typical arsehole weegie behaviour wanting the everything from both worlds, kind of like liquidating your club and starting a fresh new one but also saying it's the same club as before.

14 hours ago, Singapore Steve said:

Seems the Dutch and Belgian leagues may be getting closer to merging.  If this happens then expect to see significant pressure from the arse cheeks to move down south.  

England doesn’t want them. Could you imagine the backlash if somehow one of Septic or Sevco won the English premier league. The English would go wild, add in the financial side of things where two English teams ain’t in EPL with the big money because of two Scottish team parachute in it’s a non starter. 

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Lol

Too thick to debate, too dull to be funny. 

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Yep. 

The clubs listened in 2012 and will need to be made to be listened to again should it come to it with the colt teams. 

If it goes through the hardcore supporters will still go to watch their own clubs. If Scott brown became manager of Aberdeen you’d still get at least 8k showing up minimum. It wouldn’t make any difference in the grand scale, it wouldn’t change anything enough for the authorities to do a u-turn on the colt teams.

1 hour ago, ericblack4boss said:

That's the only thing they understand a game built on greed and self interest is fed by the fans being stupid enough to keep pumping in the money time after time

Hardcore fans will turn up regardless. If the 40k that turned up at Celtic park bothered to get involved then it might make a difference.

On 3/16/2021 at 7:14 PM, muttonhumper said:

What a bizarre shithole Scotland is.

People happy to be ruled by corrupt,  mutant, warmongering scum from another country.

Then to tolerate their primary sport being a closed shop for the sole benefit of 2 football clubs formed as a direct consequence of aforementioned colonial captivity.

Jesus wept.

I think you will find that the problem is that Scotland is a small, inward looking, bigoted, corrupt country. Run by a central belt cabal riven with nepotism. So obviously independence is the answer (not).

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1

Who does this actually benefit other than the Scum?

Bigger attendances for two home games a season and potentially more tv money? Would the teams in the third division really want the scum turning up twice a year and ruining what I assume is normally a family day out to watch your local team.

Probably take away all the enjoyment of even competition, can’t exactly celebrate finishing third and getting promoted as a trophy.

7 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Who does this actually benefit other than the Scum?

Bigger attendances for two home games a season and potentially more tv money? Would the teams in the third division really want the scum turning up twice a year and ruining what I assume is normally a family day out to watch your local team.

Probably take away all the enjoyment of even competition, can’t exactly celebrate finishing third and getting promoted as a trophy.

Classic arse cheek conundrum.  They crash and burn in which case it won’t get the interest they need (ignoring for now the underwriting bribe).

Its close so it attracts the worst elements you describe.

Or they dominate (and said dominance is tolerated by the diddy clubs to calm down the cheek fans - see 2012-14 for details) but that then fucks up the potential crowds for the rest of the clubs and will, at best, distort their promotion structure and run in.

In short, standard SFA procedures apply - as long as the cheeks are winning peace will reign.  What could go wrong?

1 hour ago, muttonhumper said:

Mmm.

What do you think the source of this bigotry comes from?

Haha exactly what I thought when I read that. 

And back onto the topic of B teams. I decided to look into John Collins example leagues and in Croatia, Dinamo Zagreb have won the league 14 times in the last 15 years!!! How on earth is that a model to aspire to?!!!!