Scotland vs Austria, Israel and the Faroes

Might not have been the best of games but thought it was two pretty even teams. 
Was definitely a pen how it wasn’t given I’ll never know. 

At 2-1 down I was ready to come on here and slag a few players off John McGinn being one of them then he pops up with the equaliser so won’t do that now ??

1 hour ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Wonderful finish by John McGinn.

How the ref didn't give a penalty for the blatant holding of Christie I will never know.

Denmark will win this group.

very likely! Great goal, though not as good as the first Wales goal yesterday in terms of how the game should be played. 

Thought Scotland were actually alright. Some good performances, and Austria are a decent standard (what a header for their second by the way). 

O'Donnell the clear weak link. Would rather have Tierney play RB than him. McTominay far better in midfield too. 

Why the fuck are we playing Israel again? Fuck sake 

42 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Had to win that. Battle on our hands for 2nd and absolutely no chance of 1st already. 

fed up of watching Scotland and Aberdeen playing shite formations that don’t suit the players 

Whilst Scotland have certainly improved a good bit they were always a very long shot for second at best.

Denmark are a very good side right now & will easily top the group.

Austria are justifiably second favorites & we will yet again be in direct competition with Israel & will probably just pip them to best of the ‘also rans’

WC is simply out of the question as far as Scotland is concerned unless we gain from some freakish COVID call off good fortunes in the three remaining games v Denmark & Austria

Showed some bottle coming back twice to get the draw I thought. 

Still some weak spots in that team though that will be exploited in the summer.  Right wing back and centre back in particular. The Robertson /Tierney issue isn't fully resolved either.  I can see why he's trying to get them both in the team but he's not getting the best out of either at the moment. 

I think the wee Hun at Chelsea would be a breath of fresh air in that team and add a bit of urgency. 

4 hours ago, Roberto said:

O'Donnell is an absymal footballer.

Yep, he is a complete headless chicken. Willing to get forward at least but doesn't have a clue what he's doing as soon as he has the ball at his feet.

The boy Paterson at Rangers will surely be taking his place before too long.

For the first 30 mins it was like watching us against the Rangers / Celtic. Way too passive and treated them like they were Belgium. Once we got stuck in it was more of a contest. Its these types of games though that will always hold us back. Games we need to be winning to progress, but the mindset always seems to be making sure we don't get beat. We were taking ages at throw ins and Marshall was fannying about with the ball at his feet rather than picking it up and getting on with it. 

Why are we slowing things down at 0-0 at home to Austria? Bizarre attitude