Scottish Elections

caledonia

SCOTTISH ELECTIONS  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you be voting for come the Scottish Elections in May

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Probably. 

And I agree, he's a fat disaster. 

Accumulatively, Tory MPs spend the most. 

Not to mention the current UK gov pissing away tax money on nonsense after nonsense. 

The latest one looks set to be £190,000,000 on renaming and redoing a boat after the dead prince. 

Party with the most MP’s accumulatively claim the most? Well I never! ?

They’re all scamming cunts, including the SNP

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, NEM said:

Party with the most MP’s accumulatively claim the most? Well I never! ?

They’re all scamming cunts, including the SNP

It's the most by a fair chunk. 

And yea, they are all chancing bastards, if you read my post to pipes you'd see I actually agree with you. 

This attitude of "they are all scamming bastards, so I'm going to vote for the ones scamming the most" is absolutely bizarre. 

7 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Probably. 

And I agree, he's a fat disaster. 

Accumulatively, Tory MPs spend the most. 

Not to mention the current UK gov pissing away tax money on nonsense after nonsense. 

The latest one looks set to be £190,000,000 on renaming and redoing a boat after the dead prince. 

https://www.cashlady.com/expenses-of-parliament

This website showing that the conservatives spend the most, by about £5,000,000 despite their MPs having the most personal wealth out the lot. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/news/politics/mp-expenses-2020-these-politicians-claimed-most-expenses-last-year-3095121%3famp

The Scotsman, perhaps unsurprisingly has a top 10 of Tory MPs in 2020^ 

1 minute ago, NEM said:

Per head I doubt it’s as high as the SNP given they make up 8 of the top 10

Not sure anyone’s said they vote for a party based on their expense claims tbh 

It's something that should come in to their thinking. 

Who's in it for me? Is what you should be asking. 

Plenty decent MPs who claim little expense and try just represent their constituents without taking advantage. 

8 minutes ago, NEM said:

Per head I doubt it’s as high as the SNP given they make up 8 of the top 10

Not sure anyone’s said they vote for a party based on their expense claims tbh 

I would imagine the SNP claim more because they have to travel the farthest. 

Not excusing it though, fuck the SNP. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Kinda obvious. Assume Charmichael fae Lib Dem's will be high too. 

Still shouldn't claim. 

80K a year should be more than enough, IMHO. 

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Inverness to London every week plus accommodation could easily be £1k. 

Have the ability for a virtual parliament and save us all cash. 

Move to LDN then. Would be my advice. 

If he spends more time there than at home, live there or closer to there. 

21 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Move to LDN then. Would be my advice. 

If he spends more time there than at home, live there or closer to there. 

You want MP's who represent a constituency in Inverness, to live in London? 

Not hold surgeries in the constituency? Not live there and know the issues? 

I think that's fucking stupid tbh. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You want MP's who represent a constituency in Inverness, to live in London? 

Not hold surgeries in the constituency? Not live there and know the issues? 

I think that's fucking stupid tbh. 

Fair point. 

It should still come out of his own pocket, though. 

How often do they hold surgeries even? Once a month? Probably better off living in London and travelling the opposite direction to Inverness, all queries can be dealt with via FaceTime or E/Mail. 

Thousands upon thousands of taxpayer cash on a guy who earns 50k more than the national average. 

Farce. 

4 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Fair point. 

How often do they hold surgeries even? Once a month? Probably better off living in London and travelling the opposite direction to Inverness, all queries can be dealt with via FaceTime or E/Mail. 

Thousands upon thousands of taxpayer cash on a guy who earns 50k more than the national average. 

Farce. 

Or, like i said, allow MP's to appear in parliament virtually more often. That'd save us money. 

Also, we can't complain about MP's being shite and expect them to be poorly paid. No one good enough to represent us is going to accept a salary (after expenses) of £25k. Why would they do it? You'd just get even more dodgy cunts who will be taking bungs all over the shop. 

Expenses should be tightly controlled and only used for legitimate purposes (not things like lunches, etc) but if you think capable people will do the job for effectively a below average salary, you're deluded. 

6 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Fair point. 

Farce. 

Consi come on, who the fuck pays their own business expenses. Why would you be out of pocket doing your job. £80K is hardly Hollywood money.

14 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Consi come on, who the fuck pays their own business expenses. Why would you be out of pocket doing your job. £80K is hardly Hollywood money.

Is for millions of folk in the country 

16 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Or, like i said, allow MP's to appear in parliament virtually more often. That'd save us money. 

Also, we can't complain about MP's being shite and expect them to be poorly paid. No one good enough to represent us is going to accept a salary (after expenses) of £25k. Why would they do it? You'd just get even more dodgy cunts who will be taking bungs all over the shop. 

Expenses should be tightly controlled and only used for legitimate purposes (not things like lunches, etc) but if you think capable people will do the job for effectively a below average salary, you're deluded. 

Well if they are doing it in the money for the first place, surely that's fucked? 

I'd argue making it a high salary like it is, attracts the wrong kind of folk, who view it as a job. 

It should be viewed as a public service, and they should earn no more than the national average of their constituents, who they are there to represent. 

There's corruption anyway, whether or not they earn an inflated wage. 

1 hour ago, NEM said:

That fat bastard Blackford claims the most expenses in Westminster does he not?

edit - 8 of the top 10 claimants are SNP MP’s ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1274860/mp-expenses-ian-blackford-snp-news-Scotland-mp-expenses-claims/amp

Lies the top 4 were all Tories last year

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/mp-expenses-2020-these-politicians-claimed-most-expenses-last-year-3095121?amp

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Well if they are doing it in the money for the first place, surely that's fucked? 

I'd argue making it a high salary like it is, attracts the wrong kind of folk, who view it as a job. 

It should be viewed as a public service, and they should earn no more than the national average of their constituents, who they are there to represent. 

There's corruption anyway, whether or not they earn an inflated wage. 

You want them to work for £25k, when many of them could go make £100k+ easily. 

They don't earn "an inflated wage". They earn a very good wage. 

You're living in a fairytale land. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

You want them to work for £25k, when many of them could go make £100k+ easily. 

They don't earn "an inflated wage". They earn a very good wage. 

You're living in a fairytale land. 

Ok, so if they want to go and earn 100K elsewhere, because they are career driven, good for them. Politics shouldn't be a place for careerists, it should be for people dedicated to public service and trying to make a difference. 

I wouldn't have an issue with them claiming expenses if they earned an ordinary wage. 

It should be viewed as a privilege to represent the GP, not a job. 

1 minute ago, caledonia said:

@NEM caught lying for the Tories again

In fact last year the Top 8 claimers were all Conservative with number 9 labour and one SNP at number 10. With 11 and 12 also Conservative and that is as far as i went on this list.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/mp-expenses-2020-these-politicians-claimed-most-expenses-last-year-3095121?page=3

I did post that article. 

Just for the record 

16 minutes ago, caledonia said:

@NEM caught lying for the Tories again

In fact last year the Top 8 claimers were all Conservative with number 9 labour and one SNP at number 10. With 11 and 12 also Conservative and that is as far as i went on this list.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/mp-expenses-2020-these-politicians-claimed-most-expenses-last-year-3095121?page=3

How am I lying for the tories you fucking gimp? ?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2