Scottish Elections

caledonia

SCOTTISH ELECTIONS  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you be voting for come the Scottish Elections in May

1 hour ago, Lencarl said:

It means that ALBA is all about Salmond and his ego.

He did not need to form ALBA until after Scotland is Independent.

ALBA keep telling folk to vote SNP first and ALBA 2nd for the good of the SNP.

Salmond knows that the second vote is the only way his Party would get any votes at all.

And he knows this because they are only standing candidates on the list. They aren't even putting one up for election in individual constituencies....

14 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Depends where you live.

In my region in 2016 , on the list vote SNP got just over 120k votes. Between them Labour and Tory got 124.5k votes. Lib Dems and Greens got just over 38k votes between them

Result......SNP got  0 seats

Tories got 4, Labour 2 and the Greens got 1 (despite polling less than the Lib Dems by nearly 3k votes)

SNP got a grand total of 4 list seats, 3 of which were in the South of Scotland, 1 in the H's and I's

Tactical voting for the Greens (or Alba if you really must) in the highly populated areas of Scotland is far more likely to net you an indy supporting list MSP. 

I assume that you stay in the Mid Scotland and Fife area.

The SNP won 8 out of the 9 seats with 45% of the vote and 8 out of the 18 seats overall. Tories got 4 seats with 23% of the voters, SLAB got 2 with approximately 20%, LD and the Greens got 1 seat with circa 7%.

Based on this particular region, that seems pretty much bang on the money.

The system seems pretty good and far superior than FPTP.

51 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Now that you've said it, I'm thinking I might too.

The only thing I want politically is independence. The wife reckons SNP/Green but I don't even know what the second vote is for and how it works.

I can't stand Salmond but he does represent my political wish. Equally importantly in this election is getting the tories out so may need to vote tactically to do so, SNP likely to have significantly more votes than feelie Alex. 

This might help RS.

With the list vote, you have less chance of a wasted vote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D'Hondt_method#:~:text=The total votes cast for,p parties and s seats.

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

Now that you've said it, I'm thinking I might too.

The only thing I want politically is independence. The wife reckons SNP/Green but I don't even know what the second vote is for and how it works.

I can't stand Salmond but he does represent my political wish. Equally importantly in this election is getting the tories out so may need to vote tactically to do so, SNP likely to have significantly more votes than feelie Alex. 

Poor fishing exercise from a so called man of intellect. 

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

He fucking knows,  he's posted this shite a few times and been told a few times.

Poor form from POTY.

Twice I've posted it. 

You're right though I do feel like I'm in poor form, somethings not quite clicking for me just now. Need a training camp in Dubai possibly.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Just glad to have the opportunity to carry out my democratic duty. Many do not have that opportunity and the ability to help shape the country they live in. 

Unfortunately many do have that opportunity but fail to make use of it and somehow still moan like fuck about the outcomes, politics and politicians.

Voted 30 minutes ago. Was the only person doing so at that time, surprisingly quiet. One wee SNP wifie activist wrapped up against the wind stood outside. 

If my experience is indicative of things in general, looks like it will be a low turnout. Haven't got a clue who that will favour

SNP/Green was my vote unsurprisingly