Scottish Elections

caledonia

SCOTTISH ELECTIONS  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you be voting for come the Scottish Elections in May

32 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I know how it works.

But if you were to add all the votes for Alba or Green to the SNP totals in each region, surely that would increase the number of votes once it was divided by constituency number?

In the north east, I think it would have given the tories another seat.

2 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

But in South Scotland it would have given them two instead of one and the majority they were after. 

I agree, they should have played the game better.

The SNP/SNP right across the country was pure vanity. There was no chance that they would win list seats in Glasgow, North East and parts of the central belt.

4 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

I agree, they should have played the game better.

The SNP/SNP right across the country was pure vanity. There was no chance that they would win list seats in Glasgow, North East and parts of the central belt.

Nigh on impossible for a party to openly advocate voters vote for someone else. 
maybe at a local level during door knocking etc. 

snp 1 short of majority. Still a good result. 

what’s the deal with the Tory msp on Lothian list he looks like he’s at death’s door and seems to have a hand like bill Murray’s character from kingpin 

51 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Did you read what I said? Why do you want pro-Indy folk to do? 

You're slating us from your foreign home, demanding we apologise. What the fuck do you want us to do? 

I made no such *demand*. I asked, rhetorically, if the woke SNP types who parrot the leadership's propaganda would have the decency to apologise if and when they were proved wrong. I still fail to see why outside observers conclude that the SNP will deliver on this "mandate" when they have failed to deliver on every electoral victory since 2016, especially when (a) the UK PM is not legally compelled to do anything other than say no and (b) the SNP heirarchy have already ruled out any method other than the fabled gold standard Section 30 order.

34 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

Divide and conquer has always been the way of the establishment, I understand your frustration but there is no serious alternative to the SNP right now.

Breaking up the SNP vote will be cheered all the way by the unionists.

There was a distinct alternative this time - SNP 1, Alba 2. If just a quarter or so SNP list votes went that way, we'd have several Alba MSP's now, all motivated and committed independence supporters, ready to take the fight to both the Murrells and the Unionist establishment. We'd have the added bonus of having decimated the careerist list MSP roster. It was at least a glimmer of hope.

...alas, we are now heading for another half-decade of the status quo and John Mason didn't even wait a day or two before announcing it can all wait a decade. They're not even covert about their contempt for the voters anymore.

27 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

It's been called/known as 'hutchy' for years. 

perhaps. wouldn’t know, not gone across the school for 24 years

but a strange term for an outsider to use.  a humble honest hardworking NEM (not you @NEM wouldn’t use that middle class friendly keep up with the joneses lingo surely?

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

I lived directly overlooking the place in the first property I bought in Glasgow. It adjoined the "Titwood" cricket club (where Scotland played), cricket being a fucking joke to most of us but you Ellon nothing tories love a bit of it.

How's your battle for who drinks the most going? You're really proud of this aren't you?

interesting you mention cricket. and ellon. how’s your neighbour? ?

ellon > portlethen 

25 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

I made no such *demand*. I asked, rhetorically, if the woke SNP types who parrot the leadership's propaganda would have the decency to apologise if and when they were proved wrong. I still fail to see why outside observers conclude that the SNP will deliver on this "mandate" when they have failed to deliver on every electoral victory since 2016, especially when (a) the UK PM is not legally compelled to do anything other than say no and (b) the SNP heirarchy have already ruled out any method other than the fabled gold standard Section 30 order.

I asked and I ask again; what do you want us to do? 

3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I don't understand, fuck pig?

Neither about my neighbour nor the town I don't live in. 

am pulling your leg rs, hence the smiley, but I’m sure you understand my post.

unlike you of course I use a smiley. you incessantly insult me or the town I grew up in (weirdly cause it’s better than where you live)

37 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

There was a distinct alternative this time - SNP 1, Alba 2. If just a quarter or so SNP list votes went that way, we'd have several Alba MSP's now, all motivated and committed independence supporters, ready to take the fight to both the Murrells and the Unionist establishment. We'd have the added bonus of having decimated the careerist list MSP roster. It was at least a glimmer of hope.

...alas, we are now heading for another half-decade of the status quo and John Mason didn't even wait a day or two before announcing it can all wait a decade. They're not even covert about their contempt for the voters anymore.

Careerist MSPs isn't solely a preserve of list Members. There's a few in the Governing party who could go a few sessions being elected every time and making no meaningful impact other than to turn up and vote the way they are told every week.

9 minutes ago, Bluto10 said:

am pulling your leg rs, hence the smiley, but I’m sure you understand my post.

unlike you of course I use a smiley. you incessantly insult me or the town I grew up in (weirdly cause it’s better than where you live)

^ clingin oantae coattails o cunts fechtin ez bettle..fuckin whimperin parasite cunt

• Upvote 2

See the bloody Tories. They've given the impression that a lot of people in the north of england are extremely well off. Or, like fox news viewers and truth seekers, they think they are well off and live their lives vicariously through all these politicians that went to school at Eton. Labour are piss poor, but I can't fathom how a lot of northern people that have no reason to vote for the Tories, do. Got to be down to xenophobia and ww2.

• Dildo 2
13 minutes ago, tightbreeks said:

See the bloody Tories. They've given the impression that a lot of people in the north of england are extremely well off. Or, like fox news viewers and truth seekers, they think they are well off and live their lives vicariously through all these politicians that went to school at Eton. Labour are piss poor, but I can't fathom how a lot of northern people that have no reason to vote for the Tories, do. Got to be down to xenophobia and ww2.

Stammer was asked on Sky News about the Hartlepool result but he abstained on answering.

1 hour ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I know how it works.

But if you were to add all the votes for Alba or Green to the SNP totals in each region, surely that would increase the number of votes once it was divided by constituency number?

constituency number plus one is the formula

there was one area earlier where SNP had a 50000 plus majority of list votes over the Tories in second. And still got 0 list MPs