Scottish Elections

caledonia

SCOTTISH ELECTIONS  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you be voting for come the Scottish Elections in May

58 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Ayr is part of south Scotland list which gave 3 Tories and 3 Labour so voting for another independent minded party would have made a difference.

maybe you need to understand the voting system better

Other than gaming the system, I don't know why you are going on about this.

I don't have the exact figures for the South of Scotland votes however the SNP has 7 out of 10 MPs with approximately 40+ % of the vote. 7 out of 17 in total.

I'm also failing to understand why you are using the South of Scotland as an example to continue with the double vote agenda.

The SNP gained 2 constituency seats, 1 from the tories and the other labour. There was no guarantee that they would win these seats so therefore needed the list votes.

I'm pretty sure that there would be criticism from some parts if they didn't win the constituency seats and their supporters voted Green or Alba and lost the list seats

22 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

I don't have the exact figures for the South of Scotland votes however the SNP has 7 out of 10 MPs with approximately 40+ % of the vote. 7 out of 17 in total.

I'm also failing to understand why you are using the South of Scotland as an example to continue with the double vote agenda.

The SNP gained 2 constituency seats, 1 from the tories and the other labour. There was no guarantee that they would win these seats so therefore needed the list votes.

I'm pretty sure that there would be criticism from some parts if they didn't win the constituency seats and their supporters voted Green or Alba and lost the list seats

Exactly, because of the unionist numbers in the south of Ayrshire for example it’s either one or the other be it list vote or constituency seats. Would be impossible for both here, lucky that’s it snp at all giving the hun that surrounds that area, but as a said money comes first for many down here, even above there indoctrinated scum views.

55 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Ayr not a part of my constituancy, nice try, that’s south Ayrshire not north.I don’t get to manipulate that region.I do know the voting system.any feedback on my many points I raised?.

I think you need to understand the voting system better!, and perhaps geography, ayr south, ardrossan north.

secondly the list vote was won by 160 votes?, so in the south they had to vote strong SNP just to win the seat leaving open the list vote to be hoovered up by the unionists!which there are plenty. That’s why the south Ayrshire lost so many constituencies seats.what’s Aberdeen west’s excuse?.

My mistake 

Aberdeenshire west nae idea probably just full of selfish cunts.

• Dildo 1

9 out 10 SNP seats in North East, including Aberdeenshire East where I vote and bide is a very good return.

Unfortunately Aberdeenshire West is full of selfish folk, Prima Donnas and white settlers. Winning that seat and gaining more votes for independence is going to be some ask.

I worked in the oil industry for several years, supporting SNP all the way. There are plenty of pricks in that industry that only give a feck about their own interests and not those of the country. 

Those pricks take up a fair representation of the Aberdeenshire West electorate ?.

4 hours ago, Dons79 said:

No it didn’t,I live the most unionist area in Scotland, Ayrshire, direct links to the drum beating Belfast at june, orange walks every summer, the first orange lodge meeting room in Kilwinning, unionists everywhere.check the last 12 years snp polling politically!, SNP, why, because we haven’t became tolerant to it, regardless of your feelings and upbringings you quickly realise that it’s job security,money that’s most important, then it’s what you believe!, which is where Aberdeen has failed itself on many occasions. Aberdeen’s very attitude towards the south,minks,guffs, and it’s air of superiority, coupled with the oil jobs of the 90s and 2000s.Aberdeen invited in the rich scumbags,the English and every other cunt that had a bit of wealth, over time these residents grew from streets of the cunts to now whole districts unabated and unchallenged on their views of scotland. only needed Aberdeen west for a majority but the folks up there don’t want the right to self govern and never have.polls indicate this, which was facilitated by the residents of Aberdeen to shore up the NE mentality of being better than the rest.bites you in the arse now!,scotland shame

look in before you look out blaming SNP voters and in which way to vote?

get your own house in order first!

ps it wouldn’t have made a bit of blind difference down here to vote SNP 1 and Alba 2 as we have the vote sewn up here!, all you need to do was to look at 4 years ago map and see how close constituancy votes where for your region.if you live in a region with all SNP then it doesn’t matter!, only matters on the swing shires and if you don’t live there then it’s moot!.if you lived in a particular part of a country that did vote say Tory or labour then yes SNP 1 and any other pro independence is justified.

government is set up to make a majority almost impossible and when we done it in 2011, it was more luck than design, hitting the sweet spot of seats to constituencies, the result was as good as it could have been and sends a clear and direct message to Westminster that we are not fucking about!.

On the list vote, if everyone that voted SNP had instead voted Alba it would indeed have returned more independence supporting MSP's at the expense of both Tory and Labour. In some cases, 3 per region but a definite minimum of 2.

Same would have happened if they had voted Green although maybe on a slightly lesser scale.

But right now, it has been proven that both votes SNP does not work well. And I say that as a paid up member of the SNP

• Upvote 1
53 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

On the list vote, if everyone that voted SNP had instead voted Alba it would indeed have returned more independence supporting MSP's at the expense of both Tory and Labour. In some cases, 3 per region but a definite minimum of 2.

Same would have happened if they had voted Green although maybe on a slightly lesser scale.

But right now, it has been proven that both votes SNP does not work well. And I say that as a paid up member of the SNP

Agree but that wouldn’t have won ayr. It’s really down to geographically where you live and how many pro unionists that live in your area.uk government could shit in the eyes of Kilwinning folk and they would still carry on waving there Union Jack flags. Disgusting creatures 

Nicola Sturgeon is facing warnings that her own lawyers could block her independence push.

The Scottish Tories have called on the Lord Advocate, the law chief north of the border, to make clear to Ms Sturgeon that she does not have powers to trigger a vote without Boris Johnson's permission.

This is the shit that the media are now spinning even though Gove has said they will not go to court to stop Indy Ref2

Reporting Scotland tonight were spouting the same rubbish.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
3 hours ago, shut up meg said:

Do you also consider political party’s from another country as gaming the system ( cant think of another country that allows this) 

south of Scotland was in reply to someone who brought it up

so the SNP won 2 seats out of a million votes and you use this to justify your argument.

21 minutes ago, Lencarl said:

Nicola Sturgeon is facing warnings that her own lawyers could block her independence push.

The Scottish Tories have called on the Lord Advocate, the law chief north of the border, to make clear to Ms Sturgeon that she does not have powers to trigger a vote without Boris Johnson's permission.

This is the shit that the media are now spinning even though Gove has said they will not go to court to stop Indy Ref2

Reporting Scotland tonight were spouting the same rubbish.

There will not be a referendum as long as Nicola sturgeon is still in power

On that note and with no elections forthcoming I'm out for a while

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
12 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Do you also consider political party’s from another country as gaming the system ( cant think of another country that allows this) 

south of Scotland was in reply to someone who brought it up

so the SNP won 2 seats out of a million votes and you use this to justify your argument.

So the SNP got 48% of the seats with 48% of the vote and you are fuming.

I remember the old days when the SNP got 25% in the Westminster elections and got a handful of seats.

At least under this system,  you will probably get someone in your region that represents you and your views.

1 hour ago, shut up meg said:

So the SNP got 48% of the seats with 48% of the vote and you are fuming.

I remember the old days when the SNP got 25% in the Westminster elections and got a handful of seats.

At least under this system,  you will probably get someone in your region that represents you and your views.

Exactly. 

he’s just being daft. 
criticising the list only part of the system and ignoring the fptp section which saw snp getting 62/71 (87%) of the seats with under 48% of the votes is being wilfully ignorant. 

compare the seats won overall by all the parties to their share of the voter Gen do likewise with  the Westminster parliament and then you will see what an unfair system looks like. 

Heard it all now.

Should everyone in the UK get a say on Scottish independence? Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP say it's time for another referendum but should the whole of the UK get to vote or is just up to Scotland to decide on their future?

Let's let England vote to decide the issue once and for all.

:laughing:

1 hour ago, Lencarl said:

Heard it all now.

Should everyone in the UK get a say on Scottish independence? Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP say it's time for another referendum but should the whole of the UK get to vote or is just up to Scotland to decide on their future?

Let's let England vote to decide the issue once and for all.

:laughing:

Where you reading that ?

So it all panned out pretty much as we all expected - little change.

The Greens will be happy, but I am relieved they only got 3 new MSPs, taking them to 9 (I think 10 - 12 was mooted at one point).

Our 2 most influential politicians we have remain as:

Nicola Sturgeon.

Real world experience: 1 yr of voluntary work in a law center

Family: none

Patrick Harvie

Real world experience: answering the phone on an HIV helpline for homosexual men

Family: none

With their obvious ability to relate to ordinary people and understand life in the real world: families, employment etc, Scotland is sure to continue its soaring successes.

In particular, I am glad that they will both be able to draw on lessons learned from their "real" work experience when making policy.

Edit - the new SNP time wasting tactic seems to be shaping up as launching a protracted court battle which they know is unwinnable.

• Dildo 1
17 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

With their obvious ability to relate to ordinary people and understand life in the real world: families, employment etc, Scotland is sure to continue its soaring successes.

In particular, I am glad that they will both be able to draw on lessons learned from their "real" work experience when making policy.

Unlike the English parties in Scotland who have no idea what real life is, and have no interest in ordinary people at all.'

At least the Scottish Parties are working for the people of Scotland.

Independence is coming like it or not and there will be no court battle.

In Nicola we trust.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 4

If its true that most votes (not seats) went to Unionist parties (and I think it is) , perhaps BoJo should call a referendum right now.

Methinks Sturgeon would shit herself.  The SNP has no money, and given the small issue of a missing 600k are not likely to attract lots of donations.

13 minutes ago, Lencarl said:

Unlike the English parties in Scotland who have no idea what real life is, and have no interest in ordinary people at all.'

Well, referring to them as "english" shows you up, but as regards their experience:

Sarwar is a qualified dentist and works as one for several years.  His family also owns a cash and carry business.

Douglas Ross graduated from an agricultural college worked in the cattle industry (like most in the NE who arent big in ile).

Both much better placed to make policy than Sturgeon and her creepy lapdog.

I don't know much about Willie Rennie, nor would I care to, but the lib dems are irrelevant anyway.

I do actually admire your continual defence of your religion and politics and I'm sure we might have some shared views however I don't think there is any chance of us agreeing on the majority of things.

Lets skip the 15 pages of you quoting ancient script or opinion pieces from the Boston Catholic Herald as proof of your views and agree to disagree.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Well, referring to them as "english" shows you up, but as regards their experience:

Sarwar is a qualified dentist and works as one for several years.  His family also owns a cash and carry business.

Douglas Ross graduated from an agricultural college worked in the cattle industry (like most in the NE who arent big in ile).

Both much better placed to make policy than Sturgeon and her creepy lapdog.

I don't know much about Willie Rennie, nor would I care to, but the lib dems are irrelevant anyway.

Come on CS, surely you must admit that DR has the look of a wrong un?