Scottish Elections

caledonia

SCOTTISH ELECTIONS  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you be voting for come the Scottish Elections in May

2 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Invalid premise alert.

You say "sexual tension". This is the mixing of metaphors, the confusing of tasks. Thinking someone is a dick isn't the same as sexual frustration. Having passion in arguments or debates is nothing to do with wanting to get one's rocks off. It is not an indication that an orgasm is overdue.

This reminds me of Manhattan Avenue and the advertisers who know that sex sells. The draping of a fine figured lass over the bonnet of a car works, apparently. Balloons like Clarkson say "better than sex" about the noise of an engine for fuck sake. No, driving a car is one thing, making love to a beautiful woman is another. Swiss Toni was no daft cunt.

Booker prize winning Scottish author and all round miserable weegie cunt Jim Kelman dealt with the car obsession (penis envy) in A Disaffection (I think, or it might have been How Late... the book that won the Booker). David Lynch dealt with the white picket fence syndrome. The marketing people exploit idiots. The artists observe. We need to think and see as clearly as the enlightened artists, not rush to eat shit food because some Americans ask us "like getting your money's worth?"

There was no inference on my part in respect of whether Parky is a dick or not in my earlier post.

I find him a challenging but intriguing character who is intolerant of certain sections and people of society (e.g. folk that vote for a political party other than the SNP, folk against independence, people who share a different dynamic and opinion on current affairs and events, etc.), primarily for the sake and without reason or logic.

My interpretation of his responses during his dialogue with Clydeside Sheep was that sexual tension was at the foundation of his replies. Maybe a lack of sexual release and joy was at the heart of it, as you so eloquently put, who knows. 

5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Anyone and everyone who believes in organised religion is a dick by default. This is just a simple truth of life. 

You can apply the concept of, and what defines, an organised religion to everything we do in life. 

For example, Aberdeen Football Club can be defined as such, and governs how we behave in several aspects of our life, as AFC is part of our identities (apart from a few infiltrators on here). 

Our affiliation to a political party and what party we vote for is another example. 

25 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I find him a challenging but intriguing character who is intolerant of certain sections and people of society (e.g. folk that vote for a political party other than the SNP, folk against independence, people who share a different dynamic and opinion on current affairs and events, etc.), primarily for the sake and without reason or logic.

What a pile of stinking garbage. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1

Fucking outrageous the cost of nevicas back then. A must have for all 12yo’s iirc. 

Hideous looking things aswell. The really dear ones had a whistle in them. The recco thing sewn into the sleeve which was meant to be a gps incase you got caught in an avalanche - we removed another kids with a lighter and surprise surprise it was just a bit of hollow plastic. 

Enjoy seeing the odd old cunt in them nowadays.

Surprised the kids dont wear them now with the current trend in shit early 90s clobber. 

I got a Nevica primary  5 or 6. Fae a mountain sports shop in the Cairngorms. Must of been 4 seasons out of date and 80% off afore my dad gave me the step up fae those shite green farmers jackets with checked lining. Pair of Clark’s shoes with the dinosaur or fitever it was thinking I’m the boy. 

Tripped over a kerb and fell off a wall straight onto my face that year. 

3 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

We're speaking about Nevica ski jackets here. 

It was Helly Hansen when I was at school, then carbrini jackets. 

Stunning attire 

24 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Alarming amount of Tories. 

Do these people not care that their tax money is being misspent at an almost laughable cost? 

Most people don't understand about tax. It's the biggest fucking scam that humanity ever perpetrated on itself. It's just numbers on a wage slip to most.

15 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Aberdeen love Tories. An absolute stain on the city & shire. 

I agree. 

I do get some peoples reasoning, flawed or not. Aberdeen has made the Scottish economy trillions in oil money, but it feels like we're often left in the cold by Holyrood, in terms of help to redevelop our city, which no doubt is partially outdated. 

Still doesn't excuse voting for the cunts, I just think that's how a lot of people feel. 

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I agree. 

I do get some peoples reasoning, flawed or not. Aberdeen has made the Scottish economy trillions in oil money, but it feels like we're often left in the cold by Holyrood, in terms of help to redevelop our city, which no doubt is partially outdated. 

Still doesn't excuse voting for the cunts, I just think that's how a lot of people feel. 

Aye. No doubt. Worth pointing out that the biggest neglectors of the city are the Tories, who've spunked the oil money. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Aye. No doubt. Worth pointing out that the biggest neglectors of the city are the Tories, who've spunked the oil money. 

I don't think any council/local officials have covered themselves in glory. 

I suppose people are protecting their own self interests, I think that's largely down to Aberdeen feeling culturally removed from the rest of Scotland. I know I certainly feel that way. 

3 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I agree. 

Whilst I agree that Aberdonians think that, the idea that Aberdeen hasn't benefited from oil money, or that it deserves special treatment because it happens to have a handy harbour, is just crazy talk.

Just now, cheesepipes said:

Are they the only party that scam and abuse expenses? 

Even i put in fake taxi receipts. 

No, they aren't. 

Certainly the party who abuse and scam expenses the most. 

Not to mention the dodgy deals done throughout the pandemic to newly formed companies, costing the taxpayer 10's of billions. 

80K basic salary for an MP, yet they still get to claim even more money through expenses, it's a fucking farce.

We've even got unelected officials in the House of Lords spending taxpayer cash. 

I think electoral politics in Britain especially, is a farce, but we should surely vote for the smallest dildo that'll be getting rammed in our proverbial arses. 

I suppose some folk like the monsters. 

6 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Whilst I agree that Aberdonians think that, the idea that Aberdeen hasn't benefited from oil money, or that it deserves special treatment because it happens to have a handy harbour, is just crazy talk.

I'm not saying special treatment, I'm saying it's not particularly obvious where the money is. 

City Centre (bar Union Square) has more or less stayed the same for the last 25 years or so. Yeah, your average Aberdonian earns a bit more than your average weegie or Dundonian, but you can't really tell it's a place of wealth based on our infrastructure, is what I'm saying. 

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I'm not saying special treatment, I'm saying it's not particularly obvious where the money is. 

City Centre (bar Union Square) has more or less stayed the same for the last 25 years or so. Yeah, your average Aberdonian earns a bit more than your average weegie or Dundonian, but you can't really tell it's a place of wealth based on our infrastructure, is what I'm saying. 

Yeah maybe but everywhere in Scotland is pretty fucked infrastructure wise. Lack of investment, lack of vision, it's widespread. The amount of Audi's and Merc's and Canadian winter jackets tells you all you need to know in Aberdeen.

9 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

No, they aren't. 

Certainly the party who abuse and scam expenses the most. 

Not to mention the dodgy deals done throughout the pandemic to newly formed companies, costing the taxpayer 10's of billions. 

80K basic salary for an MP, yet they still get to claim even more money through expenses, it's a fucking farce.

We've even got unelected officials in the House of Lords spending taxpayer cash. 

I think electoral politics in Britain especially, is a farce, but we should surely vote for the smallest dildo that'll be getting rammed in our proverbial arses. 

I suppose some folk like the monsters. 

That fat bastard Blackford claims the most expenses in Westminster does he not?

edit - 8 of the top 10 claimants are SNP MP’s ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1274860/mp-expenses-ian-blackford-snp-news-Scotland-mp-expenses-claims/amp

• Downvote 1
Just now, NEM said:

That fat bastard Blackford claims the most expenses in Westminster does he not?

Probably. 

And I agree, he's a fat disaster. 

Accumulatively, Tory MPs spend the most. 

Not to mention the current UK gov pissing away tax money on nonsense after nonsense. 

The latest one looks set to be £190,000,000 on renaming and redoing a boat after the dead prince.