Scottish Elections

caledonia

SCOTTISH ELECTIONS  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you be voting for come the Scottish Elections in May

On 4/18/2021 at 11:28 PM, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Surely Sturgeon making a rod for her own back here with yet more freebies?

She is already using covid relief money to fund SNP policies, but I don't think the direction is sustainable (or likely to win her a referendum).

Maybe she is thinking about winning an impressive election victory and then retiring in a blaze of glory before the next budget?

My monies on Nippy winning the election, possibly without a majority, then stepping aside to allow someone like Angus Robertson to take over as First Minister.

I also reckon that Ross and Rennie will be toast within weeks of the election, for being useless and totally irrelevant respectively.

7 hours ago, Woody21 said:

My monies on Nippy winning the election, possibly without a majority, then stepping aside to allow someone like Angus Robertson to take over as First Minister.

I also reckon that Ross and Rennie will be toast within weeks of the election, for being useless and totally irrelevant respectively.

Not a chance of that. I could however envisage a leadership challenge sometime in the next 12 months with Joanna Cherry being a likely candidate.

The Tories have burnt through too many leaders in Scotland in the past 20 years. Ross is a total bellend but they'll surely stick with him at least until the next UK general election.

Rennie is a nice guy but not a leader. I agree that he probably will go fairly soon after the May elections unless they do spectacularly well against all current predictions. The problem is the Lib Dem's don't really have too many alternatives waiting in the wings to take over. Surprised Jo Swinson isn't having a crack at Holyrood although her husband is English and her life seems to be based down there now.

Tory MSP says Scotland should be legally forced to stay in the Union.

Scotland should be strong-armed into staying in the Union by force of law, a Scottish Tory MSP has suggested.

Adam Tomkins, in a column for the Spectator, argued that the UK should be held together with “something rather more robust” than “consent”. The assertion has prompted accusations from pro-independence parties that the Conservatives have abandoned all pretences of adhering to the principles of democracy.

Tomkins, a law professor at the University of Glasgow, cited the example of Spain, where courts ruled it was unlawful for Catalonia to hold a vote on independence. The Madrid crackdown involved police brutality against peaceful voters and the imprisonment of pro-independence leaders over charges of sedition.

Lock up our beloved Nicola and beat up all SNP supporters.

That should work.

• Dildo 1
6 hours ago, Joe pike said:

Alba Party?

The leader who has been employed by Russia for years and paid accordingly.

Fair enough, but who do you think is propping up the Sturrell Mafia? They are controlled opposition propped up by a combination of gullible carrot munchers, sexual perverts and a Unionist media who are quite happy with their mortal enemy (the independence movement) being misled by careerist devolutionists.

The insults come thick and fast, especially from the SNP woke brigade, but none refute the fact independence will be going nowhere under the present heirarchy. I'm not a betting man, but if I were I'd be sticking to my prediction since 2016 that the SNP leadership's preferred outcome is (1) a minority government, where the pathetic opposition gives them another 5 years of unbridled woke power and no "mandate", which lets them postpone independence indefinitely while extending their lush lifestyles or (2) a coalition with wokus dei themselves, the Patrick Harvie nonce brigade, where they share vague and lukewarm thoughts on independence and a determination to see through every conceivable bonkers, anti-liberty and anti-democratic nonsense policy conceivable.

Either way, Scotland is fucked for the next half decade at least.

• Upvote 1

The All For Unity Party broadcast that was on STV and BBC earlier was a thing of wonder. A truly amazing collection of candidates to vote for, a special mention must go to the mad ginger lad Niall Fraser. His Emergency Broadcast video on his twitter account @NiallFraser8 is worth a watch

I got the Scottish Family Party leaflet in the door today.  What a breath of fresh air.  No "equality for bipolar inter-species people" policies etc, or any of the other shite which has dominated for years.

It plainly lays out support for families, children, parents, marriage, life, free speech and high standards of achievement and behaviour in schools.  You know, important things.  No LGBT trash to be seen.

It attacks abortion, assisted suicide, SNP sex education (transvestites visiting primary schools etc) and transgender ideology.

In short, its the best leaflet and policies I have seen for years, from anyone.  The only party to call out the "trans" pish currently going the rounds, thanks to career-devolutionist Sturgeon.  The only party to have common sense policies, which would address Scotland's demographic winter.

19 hours ago, Joe pike said:

Alba Party?

The leader who has been employed by Russia for years and paid accordingly.

? 

Nae a Tory? BoJo been in the pocket of the Russians for years ana. 

Glass houses stones etc

10 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

I'm a religious fundamentalist who lacks empathy and understanding of other peoples experiences. The Scottish Family Party appeal to people like me directly, because I'm a stupid religious bigot. 

Fair play for admitting it bud. Respect it. 

53 minutes ago, Roberto said:

What if trans people or gays had children? Not very family party then are they?

They are always pro-family.

A family is a husband and wife in a committed relationship, (i.e. married), and their children.

Two homosexuals and a child(ren) they have somehow acquired (like getting a puppy) is not a family.   At best it is a single parent with an erroneous hanger on who is not biologically related to the child. 

Given it takes a man and woman to first create a child, its hardly rocket science that this set-up is also the best to raise a child.  Children benefit from complementary masculine and feminine influences, each of which they learn different things from, as well as from their parents relationship. 

Children also have a natural right and expectation to know, live with and be raised by their biological mother and father, who are fundamentally morally responsible for them.  This means investing time in a relationship with the child, as well as just providing the essentials.

Children should be the fruit of a couple's love, who have given themselves to one another. 

In my experience, when homosexual couples seek to acquire a child from somewhere, it tends to be more about validating themselves and their relationship, than about the child.  Certainly, as the Scottish Family Party has pointed out, it is obviously wrong to treat children as commodities. It is wrong deliberately create a child while intending to deprive him or her from their right to a normal relationship with their parents, in favour of whatever suits the single parent and their hanger on.

I think you are a father yourself, so I know you would agree that in parenthood, all that matters is the child and what is good for him or her.  I am sure you would never countenance selfishly putting your own interests  ahead of what is best for the child.  That what gay people do when they say *I want* a child, they are putting themselves first.

Children are not badges of honour, indicators of equality or vehicles for LGBT campaigning.  No one is "entitled" to a child. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

I hate gay people so much I'd rather parentless children were stuck in the foster care system or left as orphans, rather than be raised by two people of the same sex. 

I think I'm speaking objective sense, despite believing in a magic book, and lacking empathy and understanding generally. 

I'm also incredibly dense. 

Your honesty today is superb min

Cummings beginning to speak about how useless that bag of wind, Boris, really is.

We are being run from Westminster by the clown most of us think he is.

A second referendum is coming and, with that totally useless prick still in charge, a majority for yes is very much the likely outcome.

How do even the blue rinse brigade not see what a liability he is?

Just now, Woody21 said:

Cummings beginning to speak about how useless that bag of wind, Boris, really is.

We are being run from Westminster by the clown most of us think he is.

A second referendum is coming and, with that totally useless prick still in charge, a majority for yes is very much the likely outcome.

How do even the blue rinse brigade not see what a liability he is?

They don't care. Too busy looking at Union jacks and remembering the war or stories of it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 3