Scottish Elections

caledonia

SCOTTISH ELECTIONS  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you be voting for come the Scottish Elections in May

7 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

I liked them when they were a thing.  (I was like 8 or something).

I remember their "don't leave me this way" in the charts.  It was great, although they cant lay a glove on thelma houston, of course.

Jimmy Somerville seems a decent guy, though hes done fuck all for a long time.  Richard Coles has proved an interesting character in the fullness of time, Im tempted to read his autobiography.

Is Coles nae a poofter minister/priest now? 

Surely that can be allowed?

8 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

I liked them when they were a thing.  (I was like 8 or something).

I remember their "don't leave me this way" in the charts.  It was great, although they cant lay a glove on thelma houston, of course.

Jimmy Somerville seems a decent guy, though hes done fuck all for a long time.  Richard Coles has proved an interesting character in the fullness of time, Im tempted to read his autobiography.

Honourable mention to Teddy Pendergrass. Great voice 

If re-elected the

@thesnp

Scottish Government will abolish all dental care charges.

Another great pledge from Nicola to help the Scottish people.

Don't suppose it will effect most of the posters on here who are private though.

SNP for the people of Scotland.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
4 hours ago, Lencarl said:

If re-elected the

@thesnp

Scottish Government will abolish all dental care charges.

Another great pledge from Nicola to help the Scottish people.

Don't suppose it will effect most of the posters on here who are private though.

SNP for the people of Scotland.

Which garden centre did Sturgeon buy her money tree from to pay for all these bribes?

I'll nip out and get one.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Dildo 2
11 hours ago, Joe pike said:

Which garden centre did Sturgeon buy her money tree from to pay for all these bribes?

Why on earth aren't English MP's all demanding English independence though?

Why on earth should they expect their constituent taxpayers to pay through the nose to fund schemes in Scotland that Boris wouldn't dream of implementing in England?

Frankly it's bizarre that they'd want to remain in a union with us as we are such subsidy junkies.

Yet they seem very keen to do so.......hmmmm

• Upvote 3
11 hours ago, Joe pike said:

A policy= bribe.

Lol. 

Good to see reports of the Tory sleeze continuing to be aired.

Those pricks are only ever interested in one thing and that is growing their personal fortune not attempting to "level up" the country. Did the haunted pencil case Rees Mogg not "earn" an absolute fortune on the back of Brexit, which he campaigned vigorously for?

Shameless see you next Tuesday's!!!

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Why on earth aren't English MP's all demanding English independence though?

Why on earth should they expect their constituent taxpayers to pay through the nose to fund schemes in Scotland that Boris wouldn't dream of implementing in England?

Frankly it's bizarre that they'd want to remain in a union with us as we are such subsidy junkies.

Yet they seem very keen to do so.......hmmmm

California, has a top 10 global economy by size, why does it not leave the USA?

• Downvote 1
2 hours ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

California, has a top 10 global economy by size, why does it not leave the USA?

I'd imagine that top of the list is it not being a country. Although their is a Californian "Yes" movement. Was talking about it to a native when I was in San Diego in 2019. They've even stolen the "Yes" logo from Scotland.  

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

I'd imagine that top of the list is it not being a country. Although their is a Californian "Yes" movement. Was talking about it to a native when I was in San Diego in 2019. They've even stolen the "Yes" logo from Scotland.  

They were an independent state well after Scotland was part of the UK.

States can secede from the union so...if they saw being a part of the US as burdensome they could leave...they don't, perhaps they see the value of pooling and sharing of resources amongst a greater number of people.

How many yes california people are there? 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
7 minutes ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

They were an independent state well after Scotland was part of the UK.

States can secede from the union so...if they saw being a part of the US as burdensome they could leave...they don't, perhaps they see the value of pooling and sharing of resources amongst a greater number of people.

Not sure what argument you're making here? Some places want to be within a bigger country, some don't. 

I don't think Slovakia or Czech Republic want to reunify. "irrelevant", I hear you say? Exactly. Just like California is to the debate. 

7 minutes ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

How many yes california people are there? 

About 30% support, according to my internetting. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
On 4/16/2021 at 2:34 PM, Parklife said:

Not sure what argument you're making here? Some places want to be within a bigger country, some don't. 

I don't think Slovakia or Czech Republic want to reunify. "irrelevant", I hear you say? Exactly. Just like California is to the debate. 

About 30% support, according to my internetting. 

Like Scotland you mean? ?

37 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Voting against being a real country is the most pathetic thing going. 

Im surprised a man who clearly has belief in himself like you, doesn't have belief in his countrymen. 

Yip

These boys who pavement danced vs the guffs and for their country (Scotland)  @ E96 and WC98 would  still rather the guffs ruled over them that their own 

a strange stance 

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Voting against being a real country is the most pathetic thing going. 

Im surprised a man who clearly has belief in himself like you, doesn't have belief in his countrymen. 

I’ll let you into a little secret - I voted yes in 2014 ?

Surely Sturgeon making a rod for her own back here with yet more freebies?

She is already using covid relief money to fund SNP policies, but I don't think the direction is sustainable (or likely to win her a referendum).

Maybe she is thinking about winning an impressive election victory and then retiring in a blaze of glory before the next budget?

• Dildo 1
On 4/18/2021 at 11:28 PM, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Surely Sturgeon making a rod for her own back here with yet more freebies?

She is already using covid relief money to fund SNP policies, but I don't think the direction is sustainable (or likely to win her a referendum).

Maybe she is thinking about winning an impressive election victory and then retiring in a blaze of glory before the next budget?

My monies on Nippy winning the election, possibly without a majority, then stepping aside to allow someone like Angus Robertson to take over as First Minister.

I also reckon that Ross and Rennie will be toast within weeks of the election, for being useless and totally irrelevant respectively.

7 hours ago, Woody21 said:

My monies on Nippy winning the election, possibly without a majority, then stepping aside to allow someone like Angus Robertson to take over as First Minister.

I also reckon that Ross and Rennie will be toast within weeks of the election, for being useless and totally irrelevant respectively.

Not a chance of that. I could however envisage a leadership challenge sometime in the next 12 months with Joanna Cherry being a likely candidate.

The Tories have burnt through too many leaders in Scotland in the past 20 years. Ross is a total bellend but they'll surely stick with him at least until the next UK general election.

Rennie is a nice guy but not a leader. I agree that he probably will go fairly soon after the May elections unless they do spectacularly well against all current predictions. The problem is the Lib Dem's don't really have too many alternatives waiting in the wings to take over. Surprised Jo Swinson isn't having a crack at Holyrood although her husband is English and her life seems to be based down there now.