Scottish Elections

caledonia

SCOTTISH ELECTIONS  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you be voting for come the Scottish Elections in May

The number of bedwetters saying they cant vote for independence because Sturgeon is a liar while turning a blind eye to kids being starved and tory donor pet food owners being given millions of pounds in bungs to supply PPE is extraordinary.

Two wrongs don’t make a right but they seem happy to accept the shitshow that is the UK government - why

• Dildo 2
11 minutes ago, caledonia said:

The number of bedwetters saying they cant vote for independence because Sturgeon is a liar while turning a blind eye to kids being starved and tory donor pet food owners being given millions of pounds in bungs to supply PPE is extraordinary.

Two wrongs don’t make a right but they seem happy to accept the shitshow that is the UK government - why

I don't, however the majority of the electorate shockingly do. 

21 minutes ago, caledonia said:

You can flip this round though, Sturgeon could do what she wants and staunch Independence voters would still see it as a means to an ends.

Ha don’t worry about my health, fully recovered.

Don’t really have a point. There are a lot t of educated people on here who put forward good points for Independence. But there is a shit load of folk out there that don’t know fuck all about politics and would vote SNP because they think  all Tories are cunts. 

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

What do you think of their oil policy?

Harvie said yesterday he wants all new exploration licences to be cancelled and no more issued.

If you can’t see the modern world is rapidly moving away from oil (not gas quite yet) you’re an idiot. North Sea is pretty much spent already (with fuck all to show for it). 

Renewables and hydrogen (via electrolysis) is the future.

Saudis will be under cutting everyone to start shifting their vast reserves soon, can use this cheap oil for the required transition and any plastic we might still need. 

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

If you can’t see the modern world is rapidly moving away from oil (not gas quite yet) you’re an idiot. North Sea is pretty much spent already (with fuck all to show for it). 

Renewables and hydrogen (via electrolysis) is the future.

Saudis will be under cutting everyone to start shifting their vast reserves soon, can use this cheap oil for the required transition and any plastic we might still need. 

Still plenty oil in the North Sea.

So you are happy to go along with the Greens and abandon it.

No good for this area if this happens.

Got my polling card in this morning. In the last  General Election they used a church about 300 yards away from my front door. For this one they're using a primary school about 350 yards away in a different direction. Cunts making me walk further.

I cannot see Sturgeon managing to cling to power after what has happened. For the party, and for the good of the independence movement in general, she has to go. Hopefully Joanna Cherry will seize the opportunity to take over. 

Like RS, I will still vote SNP even if Sturgeon clings on temporarily. Tory's are cunts, Labour are a mess, Lib Dems are too nice and the Greens are just too batshit crazy for any of them to get my vote. I don't like a lot of what the SNP are proposing, especially regards offensive behaviour and gender recognition but independence overrides these for now.

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1
25 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Still plenty oil in the North Sea.

So you are happy to go along with the Greens and abandon it.

No good for this area if this happens.

Anyone saying to stop taking out what there is a licence for? 

No good for about a generation more max of NE residents (or economic migrants who have already started to leave). Do you know what isn't great for all the future generations of everywhere? Burning fossil fuels. 

You worried about the price of yir hoose Joe? 

5 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

No good for about a generation more max of NE residents (or economic migrants who have already started to leave). Do you know what isn't great for all the future generations of everywhere? Burning fossil fuels. 

The price and difficulty of getting it out from existing fields is getting too much. Not worth the big boys time hence tim it is all smaller operators buying them up as they have vastly reduced overheads and can make a reasonable profit.

I

18 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Crock of shite.

What isnt great is reversing carbon capture initiatives when most of our transport infrastructure is still fossil fuel based. Until planes flap their wings to fly and container ships are dragged across the oceans on some pully system oil still needs to come out the ground.

Instead of sabre rattling and pushing for shite that'll do more harm than good in the short term the greens should be pushing for carbon neutrality through capture and other tech. 

2 hours ago, Joe pike said:

Anybody vote for the Greens?

It’s difficult to have a party with a colour as the party name ,I was just thinking, due to the connotations colours have .

(A bit like that discussion in Reservoir Dogs it’s just occurred to me )

The White Party ? The Black Party ? The Yellow Party ?

Eh think we should claim our colours back . The Coloured Party !

edit. fuck , that doesn’t work either  ?

49 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Yep Gerbil Harvie is saying that.

These greens have never worked a single day out with council,civil sevants or Parliament.

Freeloaders.

Whatever we cut back on makes no difference ,while China,India,Russia and USA carry on as normal.

1 minute ago, Joe pike said:

Yep Gerbil Harvie is saying that.

These greens have never worked a single day out with council,civil sevants or Parliament.

Freeloaders.

Whatever we cut back on makes no difference ,while China,India,Russia and USA carry on as normal.

Redforever86 voted SNP so why are you on about Greens being his party