Jump to content
caledonia

Scottish Elections

SCOTTISH ELECTIONS  

81 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will you be voting for come the Scottish Elections in May



Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

I made no such *demand*. I asked, rhetorically, if the woke SNP types who parrot the leadership's propaganda would have the decency to apologise if and when they were proved wrong. I still fail to see why outside observers conclude that the SNP will deliver on this "mandate" when they have failed to deliver on every electoral victory since 2016, especially when (a) the UK PM is not legally compelled to do anything other than say no and (b) the SNP heirarchy have already ruled out any method other than the fabled gold standard Section 30 order.

There was a distinct alternative this time - SNP 1, Alba 2. If just a quarter or so SNP list votes went that way, we'd have several Alba MSP's now, all motivated and committed independence supporters, ready to take the fight to both the Murrells and the Unionist establishment. We'd have the added bonus of having decimated the careerist list MSP roster. It was at least a glimmer of hope.

...alas, we are now heading for another half-decade of the status quo and John Mason didn't even wait a day or two before announcing it can all wait a decade. They're not even covert about their contempt for the voters anymore.

Careerist MSPs isn't solely a preserve of list Members. There's a few in the Governing party who could go a few sessions being elected every time and making no meaningful impact other than to turn up and vote the way they are told every week.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Bluto10 said:

am pulling your leg rs, hence the smiley, but I’m sure you understand my post.

unlike you of course I use a smiley. you incessantly insult me or the town I grew up in (weirdly cause it’s better than where you live)

^ clingin oantae coattails o cunts fechtin ez bettle..fuckin whimperin parasite cunt

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Bluto10 said:

there’s a smiley above RS min. chill.

What did you mean by "how's your neighbour"?

Share this post


Link to post

See the bloody Tories. They've given the impression that a lot of people in the north of england are extremely well off. Or, like fox news viewers and truth seekers, they think they are well off and live their lives vicariously through all these politicians that went to school at Eton. Labour are piss poor, but I can't fathom how a lot of northern people that have no reason to vote for the Tories, do. Got to be down to xenophobia and ww2.

  • Dildo on Bonnet 2

Share this post


Link to post

952,896   Second votes total for the SNP but only 2 MSPs out of it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, tightbreeks said:

See the bloody Tories. They've given the impression that a lot of people in the north of england are extremely well off. Or, like fox news viewers and truth seekers, they think they are well off and live their lives vicariously through all these politicians that went to school at Eton. Labour are piss poor, but I can't fathom how a lot of northern people that have no reason to vote for the Tories, do. Got to be down to xenophobia and ww2.

Stammer was asked on Sky News about the Hartlepool result but he abstained on answering.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

 

@Jocky Balboa Looks like Alba cost at least 1 more pro-Indy MSP. 

Top work from them 

You too @caledonia  A pro independence MSP lost due to Alba. 

Edited by Parklife
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Solidarity 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I know how it works.

 

But if you were to add all the votes for Alba or Green to the SNP totals in each region, surely that would increase the number of votes once it was divided by constituency number?

constituency number plus one is the formula

there was one area earlier where SNP had a 50000 plus majority of list votes over the Tories in second. And still got 0 list MPs

 

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I asked and I ask again; what do you want us to do? 

Please go back and reread my last posts, where I clearly outlined that SNP 1, Alba 2 was a clear and viable choice, one which would have created a significant pro-independence majority, with the latter comprising committed and hungry activists holding the former to account. That opportunity has been blown, possibly for a generation.

The best bet now is another series of defections from the SNP, once the penny drops that Sturgeon is a charlatan.

33 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

Careerist MSPs isn't solely a preserve of list Members. There's a few in the Governing party who could go a few sessions being elected every time and making no meaningful impact other than to turn up and vote the way they are told every week.

Absolutely agree, but it's also true that SNP politicians are elected to settle up, not settle down. They have failed miserably, except to line their own pockets.

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

 

@Jocky Balboa Looks like Alba cost at least 1 more pro-Indy MSP. 

Top work from them 

You too @caledonia  A pro independence MSP lost due to Alba. 

Parklife, that is desperate stuff and you know it. Far from extrapolating across the country, this case you cite is an anomaly. Across the country, approximately ONE MILLION list votes for the SNP have elected a mere TWO out of FIFTY-SIX, even worse than last time where there were four. 

What a waste.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Please go back and reread my last posts, where I clearly outlined that SNP 1, Alba 2 was a clear and viable choice, one which would have created a significant pro-independence majority, with the latter comprising committed and hungry activists holding the former to account. That opportunity has been blown, possibly for a generation.

The best bet now is another series of defections from the SNP, once the penny drops that Sturgeon is a charlatan.

Absolutely agree, but it's also true that SNP politicians are elected to settle up, not settle down. They have failed miserably, except to line their own pockets.

Parklife, that is desperate stuff and you know it. Far from extrapolating across the country, this case you cite is an anomaly. Across the country, approximately ONE MILLION list votes for the SNP have elected a mere TWO out of FIFTY-SIX, even worse than last time where there were four. 

What a waste.

Agree desperate stuff as we can all see SNP 1 and 2 has wasted 1 million list votes no other way of spinning it.

Edited by caledonia

Share this post


Link to post

If I didn't understand the two vote system - and I didn't and I still don't (my fault, I know) - then I'm pretty sure others didn't understand it too.

Whoever the fuck in this country within a position of power who was in charge of the independence agenda didn't inform us very well. It's a fuck-up as bad as the loose ends we left under the table at indyref. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Please go back and reread my last posts, where I clearly outlined that SNP 1, Alba 2 was a clear and viable choice, one which would have created a significant pro-independence majority, with the latter comprising committed and hungry activists holding the former to account. That opportunity has been blown, possibly for a generation.

The best bet now is another series of defections from the SNP, once the penny drops that Sturgeon is a charlatan.

I've read your posts. You're slaughtering people who voted SNP. No cunt voted for Alba. No cunt. The electorate views them as a joke. There'll be no defections. 

10 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Parklife, that is desperate stuff and you know it. Far from extrapolating across the country, this case you cite is an anomaly.
 

Ahhh. Alba directly costing pro-Indy MSPs is "an anomaly". While no one voting for a new party with no credibility and a tainted leader is everyone who voted for the SNP's fault. 

You have some amount of shite, Jocky  

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Parklife said:

 

@Jocky Balboa Looks like Alba cost at least 1 more pro-Indy MSP. 

Top work from them 

You too @caledonia  A pro independence MSP lost due to Alba. 

@ParklifeIts not true as 5408 list votes for Alba is only worth that to them it would be divided by 10 (9+1) for the SNP

probably why it was deleted by original poster

 

Edited by caledonia

Share this post


Link to post

I'm sure when donald dewar won devolution it was set up in such a way there would never be a clear majority for one party. A baw hair away from being that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, caledonia said:

@ParklifeIts not true as 5408 list votes for Alba is only worth that to them it would be divided by 10 (9+1) for the SNP

probably why it was deleted by original poster

 

The greens were only 0.2% away from getting another list seat in Glasgow. Labour ended up getting it. That much is true. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, tightbreeks said:

I'm sure when donald dewar won devolution it was set up in such a way there would never be a clear majority for one party. A baw hair away from being that.

They've already had a majority. 2014 maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I've read your posts. You're slaughtering people who voted SNP. No cunt voted for Alba. No cunt. The electorate views them as a joke. There'll be no defections. 

Ahhh. Alba directly costing pro-Indy MSPs is "an anomaly". While no one voting for a new party with no credibility and a tainted leader is everyone who voted for the SNP's fault. 

You have some amount of shite, Jocky  

 

I am not "slaughtering people who voted SNP" full stop, I am saying that those who parroted the line that SNP 1 & 2 was the best and/or only way forward, were/are demonstrably wrong. They were wrong five years ago when almost a million list votes got only 4/59 list MSP's and they are even more wrong now, when almost a million list votes get even less list MSP's. 

As for Alba, there have already been two MP defections and several councillors. They have more members than the Lib Dems in Scotland. Not bad for a party barely month old. I predict there will be more defections, you disagree. We shall see who is right, but I guarantee you that their story isn't over. 

Your last point is an ill-informed jibe as well. You know perfectly well what I was saying, namely that if more SNP voters had put independence before their party's monopoly and went SNP 1 Alba 2, we would have a broader independence coalition, one that would be significantly bolstered by new candidates who actually, you know, give a fuck about independence. Did you see John Mason's statement? Are you happy that, despite the urgency of his voters, he has made such a statement before the victory lap of honour has even begun?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Jocky Balboa said:

I am not "slaughtering people who voted SNP" full stop, I am saying that those who parroted the line that SNP 1 & 2 was the best and/or only way forward, were/are demonstrably wrong. They were wrong five years ago when almost a million list votes got only 4/59 list MSP's and they are even more wrong now, when almost a million list votes get even less list MSP's. 

As for Alba, there have already been two MP defections and several councillors. They have more members than the Lib Dems in Scotland. Not bad for a party barely month old. I predict there will be more defections, you disagree. We shall see who is right, but I guarantee you that their story isn't over. 

Your last point is an ill-informed jibe as well. You know perfectly well what I was saying, namely that if more SNP voters had put independence before their party's monopoly and went SNP 1 Alba 2, we would have a broader independence coalition, one that would be significantly bolstered by new candidates who actually, you know, give a fuck about independence. Did you see John Mason's statement? Are you happy that, despite the urgency of his voters, he has made such a statement before the victory lap of honour has even begun?

It'll be interesting (to some!) as to what the future holds for Alba and whether this has all just been a vanity project for AS. Now that they (he) don't have a seat in Parliament will he continue to front the party and keep going for the next SP election in 5 years time? 

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

It'll be interesting (to some!) as to what the future holds for Alba and whether this has all just been a vanity project for AS. Now that they (he) don't have a seat in Parliament will he continue to front the party and keep going for the next SP election in 5 years time? 

Of course it was a vanity project. 

He's embarrassed himself. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, The Buzzard said:

It'll be interesting (to some!) as to what the future holds for Alba and whether this has all just been a vanity project for AS. Now that they (he) don't have a seat in Parliament will he continue to front the party and keep going for the next SP election in 5 years time? 

Regardless of the fact he wasn't the founder, he chose to step forward as its figurehead. Sadly, many put their preconceptions about him ahead of critical thought about the merits of another pro-independence party. Whether he stays on is immaterial. Even if he retires tomorrow, the party has 2 Westminster MPs, defections from councils and around 5000 members, despite being only two months old. This story isn't over and there has to be somewhere to go for those who support independence and are wise to the bullshit the Murrells are peddling. 

I foresee a battle for the grassroots independence movement ahead and it won't end well for the Sturrell Mafia. Good riddance when their political demise comes. Independence campaigning can then resume in 2026.

Share this post


Link to post

There was absolutely no way Alba were going to succeed with Salmond as their leader.

It was complete arrogance on his part to lead them, his popularity was at rock bottom given how he has conducted himself in recent years. His arrogance and need to be centre of attention cost the party.

No one else to blame but Salmond.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

ALBA Party needed to wait until after we got Independence then run against the SNP.

What a showing by the people of Scotland to vote in so large numbers for the SNP.

Let down by Aberdeenshire West again to stop the magical 65 seats needed for Majority .

Independence is coming very soon.

 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Dildo on Bonnet 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

They've already had a majority. 2014 maybe?

2011 when the NE broke the system with 52.7% of the vote gaining a list seat for the SNP.

Hard to ignore yesterday's results. Like many, I don't particularly care about any other politics other than gaining independence but I also don't think this is the right time to force a referendum through.

Be interesting to see how it all transpires. Probably just droll chat about it for another 5 years.

Good result nonetheless.

Share this post


Link to post

Note that Annie Wells of Conservatives secured just over 2,000 votes in her constituency yet secured a seat via the regional list.

No problem in Tory securing a list seat after a close run constituency loss but rewarding a failure cannot be right surely?

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Note that Annie Wells of Conservatives secured just over 2,000 votes in her constituency yet secured a seat via the regional list.

No problem in Tory securing a list seat after a close run constituency loss but rewarding a failure cannot be right surely?

Nice wee trip to the trough again for the reject ... coining it in. Surely list MSPs should be term-limited?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...